• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Final Fantasy Discussion

Austratus

a paper man
Attempt to try to clear up confusion more, Type-0 was just called Final Fantasy Agito XIII. No "versus" in there. It was indeed meant to be a cell-phone game to start out with, something along the lines of Before Crisis Final Fantasy VII, however technical limitations caused developers to switch gears and move it onto the then-PSP.

This HD port looks amazing so far, though.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Attempt to try to clear up confusion more, Type-0 was just called Final Fantasy Agito XIII. No "versus" in there. It was indeed meant to be a cell-phone game to start out with, something along the lines of Before Crisis Final Fantasy VII, however technical limitations caused developers to switch gears and move it onto the then-PSP.

This HD port looks amazing so far, though.
Ahh thanks for the clear-up! I knew FFversusXIII Agito sounded wrong.

Yeah, you can see stiff animation and some low-res glued-on textures (like the cracks on the walls), but the game still looks great. If I heard right, Seven, the girl who looks like a silver haired Lightning, is voiced by the same VA as Lightning. So not only is Lightning in this game, she's now called Seven, because she thinks her game is as good as FFVII.

Austratus

a paper man
If I heard right, Seven, the girl who looks like a silver haired Lightning, is voiced by the same VA as Lightning. So not only is Lightning in this game, she's now called Seven, because she thinks her game is as good as FFVII.
Unfortunately not, but you're close. Seven's Japanese VA is Mayuko Aoki, who has voiced Yuna in the past. Lightning's VA, Maaya Sakamoto, is present in Type-0, though-- as Diva, the female narrator in the game's opening sequence.

Talk about voice actors and actresses, however reminds me that the VAs for the Suzaku Peristylium admins count among their ranks the Dissidia voices of Garland, Kefka, the Cloud of Darkness, and (prominently) Ultimecia.

Last edited:

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Unfortunately not, but you're close. Seven's Japanese VA is Mayuko Aoki, who has voiced Yuna in the past. Lightning's VA, Maaya Sakamoto, is present in Type-0, though-- as Diva, the female narrator in the game's opening sequence.

Talk about voice actors and actresses, however reminds me that the VAs for the Suzaku Peristylium admins count among their ranks the Dissidia voices of Garland, Kefka, the Cloud of Darkness, and (prominently) Ultimecia.

I was talking about the video I linked. IGN has a 25 minute footage of the game with English subtitles and voices.

FFXV TGS 2014 TRAILER

Also, Tetsuya Nomura is no longer directing the game.

FF Agito+ announced for Vita
Is a Vita port of the iOS game. Coming January 15, 2015

Last edited:

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Fo'realz. That's 5 games in this stupid FNC "trilogy".

Anyways, a kind soul saved the video before it went down. It's probably already up on Youtube though, but if not, here it is.

You can definitely see the PSP roots. And wow, loading each room instead of a seamless transition? Tsk tsk tsk what is this, the PS2 era?
I never found the actual Fabula Nova Crystallis myth to be stupid, it was just poorly executed and implemented into the games. I mean the way it was put into the games without much of an explanation until FF XIII: Lightning Returns was pretty stupid but the mythology/lore itself I have always liked.

I don't know how to feel about Nomura no longer directing FFXV, personally I didn't have a problem with him seeing how I never have had a problem with his work and he is still one of the few people I like at Squeenix. At least Motomu Toriyama isn't directing it lol.

Last edited:

ForeverFlame

Tabata directed The 3rd Birthday, which is easily one of the worst video games of all time. A randomly generated story would have made more sense.

But at least he knows how to release video games, which is more than Nomura can say. And he's very stylistic, so at least FFXV will be pretty.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I never found the actual Fabula Nova Crystallis myth to be stupid, it was just poorly executed and implemented into the games. I mean the way it was put into the games without much of an explanation until FF XIII: Lightning Returns was pretty stupid but the mythology/lore itself I have always liked.

I don't know how to feel about Nomura no longer directing FFXV, personally I didn't have a problem with him seeing how I never have had a problem with his work and he is still one of the few people I like at Squeenix. At least Motomu Toriyama isn't directing it lol.
I didn't like FFXIII's version of the FNC lore. I heard Type-0 HD handles it way better. I can't wait for FFXV's version though. Here's to hoping they aren't machine-like Gods like in FFXIII, or FFXIII's Fal'Cie and L'Cie.
You should watch the video where Motomu Toriyama unveiled Lightning Returns. The was creepy and sad. I don't get his wild fantasies of Lightning. At least he still got 3 games out before FFXV though lol

Tabata directed The 3rd Birthday, which is easily one of the worst video games of all time. A randomly generated story would have made more sense.

But at least he knows how to release video games, which is more than Nomura can say. And he's very stylistic, so at least FFXV will be pretty.
He's worked on so many games as Director (Kingdom Hearts), Creative Producer (Dissidia, TWEWY, Crisis Core, Type-0, etc), and Character Designer (Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and whatever he can get his hands on). FFXV is and was the only FF he directed, but he did work on a lot of games on his time as Director. FFXII's Director had his hands full just trying to finish up the game, and even then they still had to cut content. The problem with FFXV was that the Crystal Tools were absolute garbage, and he had to help on FFXIII. They really should have used a third-party engine instead of on their own, considering the Luminous Engine they've been working on is also turning out to be a steaming like of poop.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I didn't like FFXIII's version of the FNC lore. I heard Type-0 HD handles it way better. I can't wait for FFXV's version though. Here's to hoping they aren't machine-like Gods like in FFXIII, or FFXIII's Fal'Cie and L'Cie.
You should watch the video where Motomu Toriyama unveiled Lightning Returns. The was creepy and sad. I don't get his wild fantasies of Lightning. At least he still got 3 games out before FFXV though lol

He's worked on so many games as Director (Kingdom Hearts), Creative Producer (Dissidia, TWEWY, Crisis Core, Type-0, etc), and Character Designer (Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and whatever he can get his hands on). FFXV is and was the only FF he directed, but he did work on a lot of games on his time as Director. FFXII's Director had his hands full just trying to finish up the game, and even then they still had to cut content. The problem with FFXV was that the Crystal Tools were absolute garbage, and he had to help on FFXIII. They really should have used a third-party engine instead of on their own, considering the Luminous Engine they've been working on is also turning out to be a steaming like of poop.

Yeah Type-0 handles it way better from what I hear too, Toriyama completely butchered Nojima's work. It was just plain poorly executed (the myth) in the FF XIII saga. The lore itself is simple yet amazing, they had to make it way more complicated in FF XIII. For the vast majority of the game I had no idea what anything they were talking about was. What is this Pulse? What is this Cocoon? I didn't know the difference between the Fal'cie and L'cie because they never explained any of it in the game, it was extremely convoluted.The myth itself however was/is very simple, but no they had to add these unnecessary plot details.

Back to FF XV, I personally don't mind Hajime Tabata replacing good ol' belts and zippers Nomura. Tabita has his fare share of both good and bad but at least he has worked on some notable projects so I'm at least somewhat optimistic.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
If you read the Codex stuff it explains some of it.

I've forgotten it all of course, because I have a terrible memory.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry

The fact that you have to read something to understand the extremely convoluted plot just shows the mess of a story they made and how they bastardized a perfectly good mythos.

It may seem like I am bashing the XIII saga but that is not the case, I enjoyed the games for what they were but the games were flawed. Personally I believe it stems from Toriyama's stance that it should have been an interactive movie which is what Final Fantasy XIII pretty much is, if it were up to him we wouldn't even press any buttons, I don't know I get too worked up about these things.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Back to FF XV, I personally don't mind Hajime Tabata replacing good ol' belts and zippers Nomura. Tabita has his fare share of both good and bad but at least he has worked on some notable projects so I'm at least somewhat optimistic.
This is his first console FF he's a Director of. He was brought as co-director last year though, so hopefully he learned enough from Nomura to be able to take command and turn this game around, and finally release it once and for all. This game has been a major time and money sink, but HOPEFULLY they'll be able to save it.

I think the Datalog had a few inaccuracies.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
•Cloud streaming = Cloud Strife
•Avalanche Studious = AVALANCE, the group the destroyed one of the MAKO reactors
•Streaming = Lifestream
•Shinra = Took a century until little FFX-2 Shinra got his dreams to come true = will also take a century before the FFVII remake that fanboys dream of become true
•Japan to New York = FFX planet to FFVII planet
•Ubisoft = Sephiroth

Anymore I missed?

Austratus

a paper man
I'm looking forward to the FFXIV information that's coming regarding the next major patch (2.4), since there's supposed to be stuff revealed for that during TGS.

On a side note... I'm importing Type-0.

The original one.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I'm looking forward to the FFXIV information that's coming regarding the next major patch (2.4), since there's supposed to be stuff revealed for that during TGS.

On a side note... I'm importing Type-0.

The original one.
I don't think there will be FFXIV stuff at TGS. Squeenix is gonna hold their own conference for that.

Why? Unless you don't have a PS4 or Xbox One, just wait for Type-0 HD. You get the game for free for buying a $60 demo of Final Fantasy XV. Also, the PSP version has severe balancing issues.