• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Final Fantasy Discussion

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna

Oh, oh yes. I already had seen that like half a year ago.

But seriously, a bomb? What were they thinking?
I have no idea if Nojima is worse for making Yuna an NTR victim and killing Tidus with a bomb, or Motomu Toriyama for his Lightning obsession.

Anyways, the FFType-0 HD CE has been announced, $100.

GOLDEN STEELBOOK CASE: Featuring illustrations by world-renowned artist Yoshitaka Amano, this premium case holds both the game and soundtrack CD.

COMPOSER'S SELECTIONS SOUNDTRACK: Includes 15 tracks hand-picked by the game's composer, Takeharu Ishimoto.

FINAL FANTASY® TYPE-0 MANGA: A complete 200 page manga comic establishing the world and characters of the game.

80 PAGE ART BOOK: Dive into the war-torn land of Orience through its illustrations and art renders.

ACE'S CARDS: Five life-size replicas of the iconic cards held by Class Zero's Ace.

FINAL FANTASY® XV EPISODE DUSCAE DEMO: Every copy of the Collector’s Edition includes a code for the FINAL FANTASY® XV playable demo. Be among the first to play the game with your order of FINAL FANTASY® TYPE-0 HD.

It's SE store exclusive. Seriously, WTF. Why has every SE CE for the past year except Bravely Default's CE has been SE Store exclusive. I really want this CE too. 200 page manga? Count me in! Not with SE Store though

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
FFX-2.5 novella long translation
You read that mess if you want. To summarize really shortly,
•Tidus says a lot of sexual things, commenting on how he'll lose his fighting spirit in battle if he sees Yuna because she's so sexy
•Tidus sees a Blitzball and promptly goes to kick it
-It explodes, beheading Tidus' head, and his head lands right in front of Yuna, who faints
•There's some NTR stuff. If you don't know what NTR is, it's basically cheating. So Yuna cheats on Tidus, even though you know, the whole point of FFX-2 was Yuna going on the adventure to revive Tidus...

In .gif form

FFX/X-2 HD has the audio video of Auron's daughter and Yuna talking and pictures of adult designs for Tidus and Yuna. You can also Youtube it if you eat. The novella is I think only been released in Japan and France. You're not missing out on much anyway.

How is this even real.

It's SE store exclusive.

This is frustrating for me as well because I want to play the games on release, ordering from Square Enix's store wont get me them on release.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
^There's designs for older Tidus and Yuna in FFX/X-2 HD. Tidus looking like Jecht, and Yuna with long hair again, and kinda looking like Rinoa (I think there was one interview where Nomura said his ideal girl looks like Rinoa).

Holy fugging shet! FFXV finally has English VO after 8 1/2 years!!! :OOOOOOOOOOOOO

I only heard Jiraiya's/Kenpachi Zaraki's VA, but I'm not sure which of the four it is, maybe Ignis'? Prompto's VA sounds familiar, but I can't pinpoint it. Doesn't sound like Johnny Young Bosch, or the dude who voices Yosuke in Persona 4. I have no idea on Gladio's. What surprised me is Noctis' voice. I thought for sure he'd sound similar to his JPN VA, like a soft voice. Instead, he has a deep voice. Anyone who watches a lot of anime identify him? Maybe it's Troy Baker (lololol TB in every game ever) making his voice deeper, or maybe someone new to the VA industry.

Anyway, "Been a long time. Too long. Not much longer." indeed. There's now a good chance that the game finally reaches release as early as December 2015.

Austratus

a paper man
This weekend also happens to be the FFXIV Fan Festival in Tokyo, where there's been much information revealed about content in the Heavensward expansion-- and the upcoming "Before the Fall" update (patch 2.5) which precedes it. Among the highlights of the reveals is the new playable race in 3.0-- the dragon-like humanoid "Au Ra"-- and two new Jobs, the Astrologian (healer) and Machinist (ranged damage dealer, gun job previously teased).

2.5 also had footage of the new alliance raid (World of Darkness), the patch's three dungeons (Keeper of the Lake and two hard modes), and the Manderville Gold Saucer-- the last of which will be implemented in 2.51 after the main patch drops.

Austratus

a paper man

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I kinda wish they'd exhaust more of the backlog of FF tracks we've yet to receive before branching off into other franchises. XIV music is pretty cool, though.

Edit: trailer for new dlc is up

Last edited:

Austratus

a paper man

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
A Final Fantasy thread! Perfect! I am squealing with delight. I just got Final Fantasy VII and XII for Christmas. I posted in the old FF thread before it disappeared. I had started with Final Fantasy IX and loved it to death. Next I played Final Fantasy VIII which was passable. I have Final Fantasy X just never finished it. I'm uber excited to finally play VII and XII. Especially XII. I have been wanting to play that FF for awhile. And VII, the one everyone loves. Now I get to finally see the most beloved, iconic Final Fantasy game and play it.

When I'm finished I'm hoping to play IV, V, and VI. When I can find them. Since I don't have a SNES I'll have to try and find the GBA remakes. I really want to play VI to see Kefka and V for the Job Classes, Gilgamesh, and because I hear it's very silly. A silly FF game is a game I want to try out and play.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
A Final Fantasy thread! Perfect! I am squealing with delight. I just got Final Fantasy VII and XII for Christmas. I posted in the old FF thread before it disappeared. I had started with Final Fantasy IX and loved it to death. Next I played Final Fantasy VIII which was passable. I have Final Fantasy X just never finished it. I'm uber excited to finally play VII and XII. Especially XII. I have been wanting to play that FF for awhile. And VII, the one everyone loves. Now I get to finally see the most beloved, iconic Final Fantasy game and play it.

When I'm finished I'm hoping to play IV, V, and VI. When I can find them. Since I don't have a SNES I'll have to try and find the GBA remakes. I really want to play VI to see Kefka and V for the Job Classes, Gilgamesh, and because I hear it's very silly. A silly FF game is a game I want to try out and play.

Even though it was the cruelest joke in all of gaming yet, I'm excited to play FFVII when it hits PS4 next year. Can't wait to play it again with trophies this time. I've bought FFXII twice, and never managed to beat it yet. I'm just gonna wait until Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System HD comes out, since like KHII Final Mix, it greatly rebalances and adds a whole bunch of new content from the original.

FFIV, FFV, and FFVI are on PSN and Wii/U eshops. Better to buy those for cheap than spending a lot for the GBA upports or the DS remake of FFIV.

If you want silly, get FFX-2 or the HD version. The battle system is actually one of the best in the main franchise.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
^ I had no idea FFXII HD was coming out! I'll admit, I had little love for the original release because I just couldn't get into the gambit system, but I'm willing to give it another try. Hopefully this time, I'm able to stay the course instead of letting my brother finish the game for me. lol

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
^ Oh, my bad. Haha. I guess I got excited there. xD Hmm, though I might see it happening somewhere down the line... I mean, all the other ones (sans 11) has gotten some sort of re-release one way or another.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
^ Oh, my bad. Haha. I guess I got excited there. xD Hmm, though I might see it happening somewhere down the line... I mean, all the other ones (sans 11) has gotten some sort of re-release one way or another.

If you mean re-release by a new platform with slightly touched up and not something releasing the same untouched game on the WiiWare/Eshop and PSN, then FFIX, XI, and XII have yet to get re-released.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
FFIX seems to have a pretty bad record in SQEX from what I heard, despite how it's very loved.

For what exactly? Sales? It's outsold FFI-VI individually, and FFXIII-2 and LRFFXIII combined. Is it because it sold the least of the three mainline PS1 FF games? Well, that's to be expected since Japan already got PS2s months before FFIX was released, and the PS2 was close to being a month old by the time FFIX released in the US. Doesn't help that FFX was already shown off and announced before it even released. Only problem I could see was that it was developed in Hawaii instead of Japan.