• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Final Fantasy Discussion

Austratus

a paper man
Cut quickly back to Theatrhythm Curtain call news, where the next set of "Second Performance" DLC has been revealed!

Six tracks this time around, including pieces from Chrono Trigger, The World Ends With You, Romancing SaGa 3... and the triumphant (if severely belated) debut of Liberi Fatali from FFVIII.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I really need to pick up Curtain Call again, sort of stopped playing it a few weeks after it came out.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I'm glad that we've finally got Liberi Fatali (the song preview on the website plays Ride On instead though, for some reason), but I'm disappointed that the recent waves of DLC indicate that the game is turning into a Theatrhythm: Square Enix as opposed to Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy. Even with the current catalogue of songs, they've still not plumbed the depths of some of the best pieces from the series and I wish that we'd see more representation from FF first and foremost before we go gallivanting off into unrelated titles.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I don't believe you. FFXIII-2 was still very confusing even after playing FFXIII.

Kinda lame that it looks like the FFXV demo isn't coming out the same day as Type-0 HD. They've already cut out magic in the demo, and just recently, Tabata confirmed we won't even be able to drive the car. Just how much are they going to cut?? Maybe he should have said no to freaking Mevius and focused on XV instead, freaking typical Squeenix.

I kid you not! I had a much easier time learning XIII-2's plot the XIII. Both were out there imo, but I grasped XIII-2's MO much easier then XIII. I got what Noel was trying to do as it was explained. I got what Serah was trying to do. I even sorta understood what Caius was trying to do. I think the only parts of XIII-2 I didn't fully grasp was Lightning's role in it and like where she was. I only had to watch it once to grasp the MO. I've watched enough time traveling junk to pay attention whenever someone speaks. With XIII there were many questions I had to go back and watch many times to really understand what was going on. Neither were bad, I'm actually a little curious on why XIII's series gets so much hate? I found the characters interesting enough to carry what was going on alone. Maybe it was the gameplay which I've never experienced.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm glad that we've finally got Liberi Fatali (the song preview on the website plays Ride On instead though, for some reason), but I'm disappointed that the recent waves of DLC indicate that the game is turning into a Theatrhythm: Square Enix as opposed to Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy. Even with the current catalogue of songs, they've still not plumbed the depths of some of the best pieces from the series and I wish that we'd see more representation from FF first and foremost before we go gallivanting off into unrelated titles.

I like that we're getting a mix, since personally FF is probably the Square franchise I have the least attachment to, I'd prefer more Chrono Trigger stuff.

I kid you not! I had a much easier time learning XIII-2's plot the XIII. Both were out there imo, but I grasped XIII-2's MO much easier then XIII. I got what Noel was trying to do as it was explained. I got what Serah was trying to do. I even sorta understood what Caius was trying to do. I think the only parts of XIII-2 I didn't fully grasp was Lightning's role in it and like where she was. I only had to watch it once to grasp the MO. I've watched enough time traveling junk to pay attention whenever someone speaks. With XIII there were many questions I had to go back and watch many times to really understand what was going on. Neither were bad, I'm actually a little curious on why XIII's series gets so much hate? I found the characters interesting enough to carry what was going on alone. Maybe it was the gameplay which I've never experienced.

Well XIII got a lot of hate I guess because people found it really linear, and also because the first 20 (slight exaggeration) hours is a tutorial, you don't really know that until you get to the end of it though.

Austratus

a paper man
I'm glad that we've finally got Liberi Fatali (the song preview on the website plays Ride On instead though, for some reason)...
Now that I checked, they switched up Calling and Twister in the track previews as well. Who checks this stuff? :p

I do agree with the rest of your post in introducing more FF songs-- there's a handful that even I'm surprised that haven't made it in yet. Tactics Advance stuff? Assault of the Silver Dragons? There could be more along those lines~

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I'm unfamiliar with the Tactics Advance soundtrack, nor am I intimately acquainted with IX so I can't comment on those suggestions (though if Tactics Advance is anything like the Tactics music included in the game, it's pretty safe to say I will not be a fan).

This is pretty much a full summation of the tracks I'd like to see included in the game at some point - though some of them are just there as a result of wishful thinking...

FFI
Sailing

FFIII
My Hometown
Tozas

FFV
Waltz Clavier
Town Theme

FFVI
Kefka's Theme
Kids Run Through The City
The Phantom Forest
Techno de Chocobo
Slam Shuffle
Aria di Mezzo Carattere
Magitek Research Facility
Dancing Mad (first three movements)

FFVII
Tifa's Theme
Yuffie's Theme
Fiddle de Chocobo
Cinco de Chocobo
Words Drowned by Fireworks

FFVIII
Eyes On Me
Breezy
Dance with the Balamb Fish
Mods de Chocobo

FFIX
Vamo' Alla Flamenco
Village of Dali
Ukulele de Chocobo

FFX
Besaid Island
Brass de Chocobo

FFX-2
Real Emotion

FFXI
The Cosmic Wheel
Currents of Time
Flowers on the Battlefield
The Grand Deuchy of Jeuno
Griffons Never Die
Rabao
Jeweled Boughs
Autumn Footfalls
Kazham
Mhaura
Wings of the Goddesses

FFXII
Neighbourhood of Water
Kiss Me Goodbye

FFXIII
The Yaschas Massif
Cocoon de Chocobo
Pulse de Chocobo

FFXIII-2
New Bodhum/Aggressive Mix
Worlds Collide
Unseen Intruder/Aggressive Mix
Limit Break!
Starting Over/Aggressive Mix
Plains of Eternity
Serendipity
Yeul's Theme

FFXIV
Sultana Dreaming
I Am the Sea
A Sailor Never Sleeps
Dance of the Fireflies
Where the Hearth Is
Battle Theme 1.X

Austratus

a paper man
I'm unfamiliar with the Tactics Advance soundtrack, nor am I intimately acquainted with IX so I can't comment on those suggestions (though if Tactics Advance is anything like the Tactics music included in the game, it's pretty safe to say I will not be a fan).
Tactics Advance has a somewhat lighter sounding OST due to the difference in tone the game has compared to the grimdark original. That said, it is Hitoshi Sakimoto we're talking about.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Cut quickly back to Theatrhythm Curtain call news, where the next set of "Second Performance" DLC has been revealed!

Six tracks this time around, including pieces from Chrono Trigger, The World Ends With You, Romancing SaGa 3... and the triumphant (if severely belated) debut of Liberi Fatali from FFVIII.

Mother of god, I did not know this! I had already assumed I played it. It's been a while. lol That song was one of the reasons why I loved the FF8 soundtrack. <3 And Calling and Twister from TWEWY? Sweet! If SE decides to add more TWEWY music, I would be okay with that... Good to know; guess I'll need to add more songs to my copy of the game. Haha!

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
Really hoping Square Enix has done a lot to optimise the overall experience of Type-0 because tbh when I played it in 2011 I didn't really like it lived up to it's potential. :/

To name a few issues I had with the game (there are more):

Combat got tedious and frustrating after a while.
KillSight comes across as a way of avoiding actually trying to balance the game.
Slow moving characters.
EXP wasn't shared among the cast (#1 issue that needs to be addressed for me). Because of that very often you'll find yourself with a lot of members that are complete trash and get one-shotted easily. Only way is to grind forever to balance out the time.
Eidolons are worse than regular party members, but require death to use them.
The difficulty curve as a result of the terrible (or lack of) attempt at balancing the game with some side missions got ridiculous and required even more grinding.
Inability to change or upgrade weapons, spells and abilities until you get to a save point which can be a while.

Though the game did have a great setting and interesting story, nah, it also had a lot of glaring flaws that need to be addressed.

Last edited:

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
^ Guess we'll have to wait and see. Good thing it won't be too long a wait. :)

Really hoping Square Enix has done a lot to optimise the overall experience of Type-0 because tbh when I played it in 2011 I didn't really like it lived up to it's potential. :/

To name a few issues I had with the game (there are more):

Combat got tedious and frustrating after a while.
KillSight comes across as a way of avoiding actually trying to balance the game.
Slow moving characters.
EXP wasn't shared among the cast (#1 issue that needs to be addressed for me). Because of that very often you'll find yourself with a lot of members that are complete trash and get one-shotted easily. Only way is to grind forever to balance out the time.
Eidolons are worse than regular party members, but require death to use them.
The difficulty curve as a result of the terrible (or lack of) attempt at balancing the game with some side missions got ridiculous and required even more grinding.
Inability to change or upgrade weapons, spells and abilities until you get to a save point which can be a while.

Though the game did have a great setting and interesting story, nah, it also had a lot of glaring flaws that need to be addressed.

It'll be my first time playing Type-0 when it comes out in NA, so I won't be able to compare the PSP and PS4 versions. I'm hoping they'll will fix whatever issue you seemed to experience in the original; especially EXP sharing. As much as grinding gives me something to do, I don't have as much time as I used to, to level up so many characters. lol

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
It seems a new IP called School of Ragnark is going to be shown off on the 31st. It's 5D(?????) arcade game. It's probably not the announcement though, especially since it was just announced two days ago (and even got a gameplay video), and would have gotten a PS4 tag then. I wonder what the "Z" stands for?

If EXP in Type-0 HD is still not distributed to party members not participating in battle, at least I have a Vita to grind with when doing something else. Based on previews, just like with Peace Walker, they aren't really able to fix the small areas perfect for handheld games. Maps are still entirely cut off in rooms and there's lots of loading in between. A shame, but hopefully the remoteplay controls are good.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Christmas is long over, but I got one final thing. Final Fantasy V! I'm even more excited then ever. At last I get to play the job system of FFV. Between FFV, FFVII, and FFXII I don't know which game to start first! I guess the logical thing would be to play them in their numbered order. Not that it matters really. But FFV will be the first old school Final Fantasy game I ever play. By that I mean like from the Nintendo era and with no 3D graphics. I can't believe it's taken me so long to get into the FF series. I have some catching up to do. While everyone is getting excited with their Playstation 4's and watching trailers for Final Fantasy XV, I'm getting excited over the old and out of date FFV!

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Import FFXII IZJS or wait for an HD remaster. FFV and FFVII are fine no matter which version, except for the original FFVII PC port, not the recent Steam port.

FFXV Cat Cam
Exactly as it says. Everything except Noctis and the cats are untextured as it's still a work in progress.

Austratus

a paper man
It's just before I go to bed when I post this, so no link from me, but the next content for Theatrhythm Curtain Call was revealed recently. The FF content this time around is a BMS map for Vamo'alla Flamenco (FFIX)-- otherwise, there's more Mana, more SaGa, more Chrono Trigger (Frog's Theme!) ... and some NieR.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
I would love it if that new Dissidia arcade game were ported to console. I played the original PSP games so much when they first came out. The graphics for the game have definitely improved since then. <3

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
*Crossposting from General*

New FFXV Demo Walkthrough

In Japanese and the sound is messed up but there you go.

It's probably coming out March next year in Japan.

Looks good. Still miss the KH style gameplay though.

Last edited: