• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Final Fantasy III

Zora

perpetually tired
Got this game, beat it, and I was disappointed with it.

FFV>FFIII anyday.

My earlier posts don't reflect it because I had yet to try FFV.

Comray001

IMMA FIRIN MEH LAZOR
Are Monks any good? I've heard that they rock and I've heard that they suck. Which is it?

natedude888

Ho-oh, Supreme Ruler
Are Monks any good? I've heard that they rock and I've heard that they suck. Which is it?

As long as they have no weapons, a monk is good. Bare handed, they have higher attack, and their attack increases for each job lvl. It wont do good damage at first, but as your job lvl increases, monks will start hitting harder than the rest of your team.

Mono789

Master of Charizard
I used one for a short time, didn't like it, then promtly switched the chracter to a Thief. Who I later switched to a red mage...

Here's something interesting for you: The girl, who I named Sexy (don't ask why), has had many, MANY different jobs. She has been a Freelancer, Monk, Thief, Red Mage, Scholar, Geomancer, Dragoon, and now a Dark Knight. That's 8 jobs. I doubt that I'll switch her job again before the final boss. By the way, now I'm stuck at the Cave of Shadows. I fought the boss once and died. So, now I have to go train. Again. I just trained to Lv 35 to get through the Temple of Time and now it's more training...What's a good place to train?

Gribman92

I have a question on how to unlock the Onion Knight job. I have sent mail to Topapa and he hasnt sent my the message "Rescue the Kids". Do I first have to beat the game or do I have to send messages over Wi-Fi?

Mono789

Master of Charizard
Well, I changed Sexy to a Ninja now. I swear I won't change her job again. Now I am stuck on the Cloud of Darkness...I trained to lv. 54 and died. Time to train again...

I finaly got my hands on this. I suffer from mass class changeing ADD and it cost me the battle against Salamander
Right now I have
Luneth: Theif (SOmetimes Monk)
Ignus: Warrior
Refia: White Mage
Arc: RedMage
I think I'm at about Level 15. I'm thinking of keeping Luneth a theif just because I have armor for him, and not so much when he's a Monk. I don't think I'll be changing Ignus, Refia or Arc's classes anytime soon. Luneth is my testing ground for all the classes. Realy, I think the only time I changed Classes was when you had to go though under Mini.
My one problem is, when I was fighting Salamander, Blizzard didnt seem to be doing any damage, but when I switched off to Fira, Arc was doing over 100 per turn... before he was the last one to die >>
Should I be wearing Ice or Fire armor in the Lava caves?

Scorpion1386

Lost Fan
Is it normal to get only 5 hours of play time with Final Fantasy III? That's all I get. If it's not normal, then do I need a new battery for my DS?

Mono789

Master of Charizard
I really should go train a couple more levels...Gotta beat that Cloud of Darkness, right? By the way, is there any side quests to do after you beat the Cloud of Darkness that don't require Mognet? Don't say Sunken Cave, Odin, Leviathin, or Bahamut, because I have done those already.

spongeaud

Shikamaru Fan!
I love this game and I just got to the surface world part and I now have the whole surface after the earthquake and I will defintly come here for questions which I always have a lot of.

roses_108

I just got this game yesterday and i love it. It took me 2 hours too beat the proloug or what ever you call it and then credits rolled and i thought it was finished but it wasn't and i'm glad cos now i know it will take me ages to beat which is good cos i need something to keep me busy until pokemon pearl comes out.

Draken

I'm getting this game tomorrow hopeful.