• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Final Fantasy -Origins of Neo Babylon- /Discussion/

Ohtachi

mia san mia
If you have any questions, comments, and concerns regarding the RPG Final Fantasy -Origins of Neo Babylon- then post them here and I will answer anything you need answered.

Denied Participants

litestars
Name: Chihiro Mizu
Species: Unknown
Job: Black Mage
Weapon: Staff

Accepted Participants

BiZ
Name: Phil Oliver Stone
Species: Moogle
Job: Alchemist
Weapon: Anything

Nylf
Name: Genoa Vanguard Tundura
Species: Human
Job: Summoner
Weapon: None

Trance/Limit Break/Overdrive System

Your character may go into Limit Break, Overdrive, or Trance through a surge of emotions that arises during battle. All three forms cause the same abnormalities within the character. They give the character super strength and new techniques. This system may be used as often as the character wishes, but there will be a down side. Trance/Limit Break/Overdrive only lasts during the battle you go into the form. Also, it will lower some of your stats while raise others depending on your species. More on this latest system will be put here.

Last edited:

Nylf

Nylf said:
Ohtachi said:
Nylf said:
Is there anything like Trance/Overdrive/Limit Break in your RP? When I created Genoa's design ages ago, I also created a Trance-like state he could enter, under the same conditions as FFIX's Trance. In it, his right arm becomes fully dragonic, as does his head, and he sprouts dragon wings and a dragon's tail. In it, his Summon abilities would be lost in return for 'Flare' abilities, not to be confused with Amarant's 'Flair'. Basically he gained an elemental Flare which channeled the power of a Summon, and it worked as follows:

Choco/Mog: Hurricane Flare: He leapt up, and a huge hurricane descended on the foe.

Ifrit: Megiddo Flare: He thrusts his fist into the ground, and enourmous black flames erupt from below his opponent.

Shiva: Tundra Flare: He does a somersault into the air, and, spinning, his body becomes coated in ice, which is fired as a narrow blizzard at the foe.

Ixion: Maelstrom Flare: He thrusts his tail into the ground, and electricity courses up his body, gathering into his dragonic hand. He then fires it at the foe, in a move similar to Force Lightning, but wth more Lightning.

Whyp: Combo Flare: Whyp, surprisingly, appears, and he and Genoa unite as one entity, becoming a two headed, two tailed, four winged version of Whyp. Both heads launch a Mini Flare, dealing double Whyp's normal ultimate attack's damage.

Fenrir: Petri-Fire: Genoa thrusts both his fists into teh ground, and enormous shock waves rush through the ground, hurling stone at the foe.

Carbuncle: Aurora Flare: Genoa disperses his entire body into a light of mixed colours, casting Reflect, Regen and Haste on the party. He then reforms.

Fenghuang: Revival Flare: Genoa erupts in a burts of black flames, dealing fire daage to the foe and reviving the party 100%. Does more fire damage than Phoenix's usual Summon move.

Leviathan: Abyss Flare: Huge typhoons spiral around Genoa, which then collect as a huge ball of water in front of him. He then charges up energy and fires it at the foe.

Madeen: Genesis Flare: Genoa mirrors Terraforming, but instead of the light being hurled at the opponent, he fires it at them, Dragonball Z Kamehaha style.

Ark: Apocalypse Flare: Genoa flies high into the sky, and chaotic Shadow energy bursts out of the ground in huge pillars that spiral around him. He gathers the energy around him, giving a huge, black aura. He then opens his draconic mouth, as the Shadow energy forms a ball in front of it, which he then grasps in his dragon hand. It becomes a huge sword, and he dives straight down, ramming the energy sword into the foe.

Alexander: Judgement Flare: Exactly the same as Apocalypse Flare, except with Holy energy instead of Shadow energy.

Bahamut LORD: Omega Flare: This time, Bahamut LORD appears, as if Summoned, and he and Genoa merge. The result is a gigantic white version of Bahamut LORD, except with eight wings, and three wheels all rotating around in an orbit of a large, central, fourth wheel. The resulting dragon(Bahamut ALPHA), collects the very energy of the world around him, and it spirals around him, akin to how the Holy energy does to the foe when Holy Judgement is used by Alexander, except this remains a constant distance from him. The energy then begins to form into eight balls of energy, all orbiting Bahamut ALPHA, and they spin incredibly fast. Their orbit speed quickens, until eventually it seems Bahamut ALPHA is surrounded by a huge halo of light. With a roar, the light of the halo bursts out, and eight links of energy all join to Bahamut ALPHa, and he forms them in front of him into a central orb, which, after all that, , erupts into an enourmous blast of Ultima energy, leaving nearly nothing in it's wake.

I'll understand if we don't have anything like Trance in this, but, I just needed to know.

Of course we may. I just never thought of it. If you'd like to help me out with this then you may. I could use more ideas. Check the Discussion Thread and post more ideas if you'd like.
Sure, I guess since you offered, I'll help. We need to fix a way on when and how characters activate 'Trance' in RP. I'm guessing you simply put an OOC note in one of your posts mentioning it being able to activate would work.

Also, like in FFIX, there could be character plot specific bosses where the character starts in Trance, like Zidane vs Prison Cage, Vivi versus Black Waltz III, and Steiner against those Mistodons when Kuja attacks Alexandria.

And finally, I really need to ask, can Genoa have SOME form of weapon? As I mentioned, he gains Summons by being tested by them, and the tests are battles he must fight without his Summons. The gives him two options without a weapon, his right hand, or Trancing and using his Flares. The latter idea would work mostly, because the Summons are testing his ability to wield their powers, not just them, and by demonstrating the Flares he could do so, but that means he would need to show some control over his Trance, something no FFIX character can do, and taking a hit from Ark, Bahamut, Alexander and Madeen would much less damage you, more KO you or kill you.

And he has to do these fights alone.

May you please answer?

Ohtachi

mia san mia
Nylf said:
Also, like in FFIX, there could be character plot specific bosses where the character starts in Trance, like Zidane vs Prison Cage, Vivi versus Black Waltz III, and Steiner against those Mistodons when Kuja attacks Alexandria.

Sure, each character could have some. But not too many.

Nylf said:
And finally, I really need to ask, can Genoa have SOME form of weapon? As I mentioned, he gains Summons by being tested by them, and the tests are battles he must fight without his Summons. The gives him two options without a weapon, his right hand, or Trancing and using his Flares. The latter idea would work mostly, because the Summons are testing his ability to wield their powers, not just them, and by demonstrating the Flares he could do so, but that means he would need to show some control over his Trance, something no FFIX character can do, and taking a hit from Ark, Bahamut, Alexander and Madeen would much less damage you, more KO you or kill you.

You mean can the Summoners have some kind of weapon. The answer is I might consider it. Either that or the Summoners may have a Sub-Job Class. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Nylf

Good, on the part of the Trance battle things. Will make Bahamut more fun, hehe.

Either way with the Summoner weapon thing, if you say just weapon, Spear, if you say sub-class, Dragoon, and with Spear please.

Oh, I edited my Sign-Up. Genoa's species is Human, for the most part. Y'know, the dragon hand deformity which gives him his Trance form, kinda doesn't make him full human.