• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Final Fantasy X... HD-fied

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Why change anything? That's what most fanboys of any game want nowadays. Their favorite game of a series with next generation graphics.

They don't have to of course but it would be nice to have new features and what not. I don't want them to change the story or anything but more enemies and weapons is always a plus. Also changing the model for some of the shields and weapons besides the basic 5 would be nice.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
If I'm going to pay money for a remake I want more in it besides HD graphics.

They can add a lot besides Trophy support.

I'm hoping for an extended sphere grid or at least one more aeon like a hidden one (crosses fingers for Alexander or something)

ArcanineShrine014029

Seems like the FF10 remake is Square Enix's test of putting something new into HD to see how it would look compared to the original.

Of course, 10 never needed a graphics change. Why does Square Enix pick favorites when it comes to remakes?

ForeverFlame

It's not out of favoritism. X is probably the easiest to convert to HD. It's out of pure laziness. Well, XII would be easier because its graphics are better, but no one cares about XI and beyond anyway.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
They don't have to of course but it would be nice to have new features and what not. I don't want them to change the story or anything but more enemies and weapons is always a plus. Also changing the model for some of the shields and weapons besides the basic 5 would be nice.

Actually this seems like a good idea. I just wouldn't want any changes, even slight ones, to the storyline or the battling system. Anything else is fine.
I so want to see some example screenshots of the HD work.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
It's not the first time that's happened and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, as the focus was more on the characters themselves.

seriously. FF4 and 6 did it, and they're widely purported to be among the best entries in the series (at least by the fandom that didn't start out in the Nomura era). What do these people want? A job-change system (as much as I friggin' adore it)? Materia?

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I just remembered Blitzball. That will be amazing in HD. :eek:

Also, anyone else ever thought that Kimahri may have been singing Suteki Da Ne in the Macalania Forest love scene? The Ronso are... quite talented?

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I just remembered Blitzball. That will be amazing in 3D. :eek:

Also, anyone else ever thought that Kimahri may have been singing Suteki Da Ne in the Macalania Forest love scene? The Ronso are... quite talented?

If you mean 3D as in 3D models, it already is. It you mean 3D as in jumping out of the screen kind-on-way...even that wouldn't make the damned mini-game more appealing.

That singing assumption is creepy. Ronso do sing the Hymn of the Fayth, though.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Woops, I meant HD, not 3D lol. I love Blitzball.

And yeah, it's fun to think of Kimahri having such a pretty voice. lol