• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Final Fantasy XI Made People Sick

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Last edited:

Nintandy

The Lost Mareep
Haha, I'm kinda glad I quit that game. I loved travelling around Vana'diel with friends, but it just got infuriating and incredibly expensive in the long run. This would have broken me O_O. I mean usually it takes an eternity to form a party [so long that by the time the last person arrives, most others have already left], you hardly get any experience as the battles take so long, and then if you die you lose the experience and may even delevel. EVIL!

Never mind, I have many fond memories of that game =P. I just wish these people the best of luck.

-- Andy ;449;

Xain

The Psychic Savior
I was floored when i saw this on Kotaku the other day. That's just sick. 18 hours is pushing it...especially 18 hours of sustained concentration. The longest iv'e endured was probably the Emissary Dragon quest. From start to finish the whole quest took about 7ish hours. and that was at night...from my memory it was 8pm to 3am. (thought i might have actually been 10-3)

Still...18 hours and to not defeat it is insanity. At least Square is going to fix that issue along with that boss, Absolute virtue and the form before it i believe.

Chris

Old Coot
Technically, the game didn't make them sick. It was their own damn fault for sitting around and not making sure they had the appropriate drinks and foods.

And what kind of a pussy clan doesn't make sure there's backup for one group to kick in to let another rest up for a bit?

Do you realize how hard it is to get 18, let alone 36 people to kill an HNM? Besides, it's not like they could've rotated groups -- only one alliance of 18 can kill an HNM, not two switching out. I just feel sorry for the tank... I hope he didn't run out of Shihei.

Do you realize how hard it is to get 18, let alone 36 people to kill an HNM? Besides, it's not like they could've rotated groups -- only one alliance of 18 can kill an HNM, not two switching out. I just feel sorry for the tank... I hope he didn't run out of Shihei.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Technically, the game didn't make them sick. It was their own damn fault for sitting around and not making sure they had the appropriate drinks and foods.

And what kind of a pussy clan doesn't make sure there's backup for one group to kick in to let another rest up for a bit?

Well, what were they playing when they became ill? They were playing FFXI. Not to mention they outright complained that the fight didn't give them time to do anything else. They had to constantly click on something, or risk dying or letting the boss heal back up to full. So, FFXI made them sick.

In answer to your second question, probably the same type of people that would waste their lives playing a game like this rather than playing GOOD games like Xenosaga or Mother.

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
it's a bad idea, there are many people who don't eat, sleep and drink for videogames and then they make an 18 hour boss, it's like they are trying to kill
them on purpose.

You can't do that lol.

Pretty hardcore if I do say so myself. Longest I've ever done a raid for was like 10 hours maybe.

Kil'jaeden is a cocksucker :p

Chris

Old Coot
Well, what were they playing when they became ill? They were playing FFXI. Not to mention they outright complained that the fight didn't give them time to do anything else. They had to constantly click on something, or risk dying or letting the boss heal back up to full. So, FFXI made them sick.
False. FFXI didn't make them sick. Sitting on their asses for 18 hours without proper rest or nourishment is what caused it.

Before you go and say the game had some way of doing it, allow me to point out that the game actually had nothing to do with it. The blame rests on them for staying 18 hours. Not the game.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
False. FFXI didn't make them sick. Sitting on their asses for 18 hours without proper rest or nourishment is what caused it.

Before you go and say the game had some way of doing it, allow me to point out that the game actually had nothing to do with it. The blame rests on them for staying 18 hours. Not the game.

Dude, I was trying to be sarcastic. I know it's their fault. They should know that MMORPGs are traditionally a royal pain to play and tedious on a level far greater than any other medium outside of listening to 4Kids' dub of One Piece. So of course it's their fault for playing it.

Last edited: