• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Final Fantasy XIII trailer revealed!

All FF fans, go berserk, kthxbai.

EDIT: can a mod fix the thread title to "Final Fantasy XIII trailer revealed"?

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerJ

The trailer looked amazing. I now do not need a PS3 for any reason

BigLutz

Banned
It's been announced by Square that it will only be out on X Box 360 in Europe and America, Japan is getting it only on PS3. Also, FF Versus the game being made by the Kingdom Hearts team will only be available on the PS3.

Glajummy

Why so S E R I O U S
This simple fact made me smile nonstop for about five minutes. I'd like to see the announcement that will top this.

Ktroys

(Insert Joke Here)
when I first saw the announcement trailer on g4, I thought "Kingdom Hearts 3? on 360?" (couldn't see it well) But FF13 on the 360? Did NOT see THAT one coming. You can bet the Sony fanboys are FURIOUS over this one.

Wow, wtf. Worst move SE has ever made.

Well..at least Versus is still PS3 exclusive.

Still, that was a decent trailer. Thank god I have a 360 too. Honestly right now, the best news I can hear is for Square to take back the "PS3 only in Japan". What's next? All SE games aside from Versus move over to 360?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Could someone link to where they said it's only coming out on the 360 in the US? Because honestly, I'll petit... believe it when I see it.

Every site I've been to says the 360 version is going to be released in North America and Europe ONLY, not Japan. Nothing about the PS3 version (which unless Square-Enix wants to kill Sony, they'd release it in NA and Europe).

Point is, I need to see complete and utter confirmation beyond a shadow of a doubt that Final Fantasy XIII is not going to be available for the PS3 in the US and Europe.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
Its coming out on PS3, Square would have put a "Exclusively on X Box 360 in Europe and US" if they had X Box 360 Exclusivity. Not to mention Square's own excuse was for it to reach more people, making a huge game for a system, and releasing it only in one market would be utterly stupid.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Its coming out on PS3, Square would have put a "Exclusively on X Box 360 in Europe and US" if they had X Box 360 Exclusivity. Not to mention Square's own excuse was for it to reach more people, making a huge game for a system, and releasing it only in one market would be utterly stupid.

I was gonna say. Sony already had the game licensed to them long before the E3 conference with Microsoft. It would probably be a big mistake for them NOT to release it multi-platform in North America and Europe.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand WHY Square-Enix is also releasing it for the 360 (I'd probably do the same if I were in their shoes). I wouldn't want to be the deciding member on a jury, but I can understand what turns Mr. Bad Sales into Mr. Good Sales.

I'd probably be more upset about it if it weren't for the fact that in my opinion, there really hasn't been a good FF game since FFVII (and I mean the mainstream ones that are numbered, not that Crystal Chronicles junk, and I don't count remakes since they're just the same game with better graphics and a few extra features). At least KHIII is still slated for the PS3, but we'll see! Oh yes, we'll see.

Will SBaby fork over more of his pocket change to get a 360? Or will he continue to be more stubborn than Ash climbing a mountain 2 feet next to a set of stairs?

BigLutz

Banned
If anything, this is a brilliant business move on S-E's behalf.

That depends, they are selling out the Sony crowd for the Microsoft Crowd. Which is why I get the feeling Square is going to announce something special for the PS3 tomorrow/today. Say... FF7?

What the hell are you talking about?

If anything, this is a brilliant business move on S-E's behalf.

Yes, I understand that it's a great business move for Square. Bad move, it shocked so many fans especially after how it has been anticipated for the PS3 to begin with ever since the title was formally announced.
Well, Versus is still as far as information goes, still exclusively for the PS3.

EDIT
That depends, they are selling out the Sony crowd for the Microsoft Crowd. Which is why I get the feeling Square is going to announce something special for the PS3 tomorrow/today. Say... FF7?
As much as I would like to have that happen, I highly doubt it. I have been seeing that everywhere though for the last hour.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Yes, I understand that it's a great business move for Square. Bad move, it shocked so many fans especially after how it has been anticipated for the PS3 to begin with ever since the title was formally announced.
Well, Versus is still as far as information goes, still exclusively for the PS3.

EDIT

As much as I would like to have that happen, I highly doubt it. I have been seeing that everywhere though for the last hour.

As is Kingdom Hearts III. From what I hear, Disney's already said that if Square-Enix ports KHIII to the 360, it'll be the last KH game they work with Square-Enix on (granted, there's no official information on that, but it's Disney so I wouldn't put it past them to give that kind of ultimatum). They'd probably do the games themselves with new characters and storylines (probably why Versus XIII is still for the PS3) and pull the rights from Square-Enix. Lord knows they have enough pull to do that.

As for the FFVII remake. Yeah, I'd love to see that happen, but I don't think Square-Enix gives enough of a ---- about their fans to make that one, regardless of the pressure from US and Japanese gamers. If they did though, I would ----.

Last edited:

Nidogod

*rubs hands together vigorously*

Now let's get us some MGS4 so I can finally forget PS3 exists.

i saw the trailer and it was just plain amazing, plus the red-head girl with the bow is as hot as hell!!! i died when they said it was for both the ps3 and 360, that was a bad move

i saw the trailer and it was just plain amazing, plus the red-head girl with the bow is as hot as hell!!! i died when they said it was for both the ps3 and 360, that was a bad move