• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Final ranking of Pokémon anime groups with Ash & his friends?

AJ97

Probably due to personal biases, but I'd pick kiawe and clemont over Brock any day

If Brock had been created more recently, many people would surely hate him for his repetitive gag and that may seem "harassing" to some people...
There's more to Brock's character than that.

Plus, this comparison wouldn't be fair as Brock came at a time when Ash was inexperienced, immature, and made rash/silly decisions. One of Brock's biggest selling points is how his character evolved relative to that of Ash's. The former was initially more of the grown-up figure of the group who Ash would look up to for advice. This evolved to a more best -buddies type relationship with Brock now also looking up to Ash after his growth and change in character.

Clement & KIawe would have been a terrible fit for OS and Johto Ash.

There's more to Brock's character than that.

Plus, this comparison wouldn't be fair as Brock came at a time when Ash was inexperienced, immature, and made rash/silly decisions. One of Brock's biggest selling points is how his character evolved relative to that of Ash's. The former was initially more of the grown-up figure of the group who Ash would look up to for advice. This evolved to a more best -buddies type relationship with Brock now also looking up to Ash after his growth and change in character.
Yes, maybe he was important in the beginnings, but I think Clemont and Kiawe are far superior to him in terms of story, as characters and even the gag. I remember that in 2011 some people in the forums created polls about the most overrated character in anime and most said it was Brock (Bulbaforums,And I can not agree more ) Nowadays people will say Serena