• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Final Team for Pokemon Blue

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I'm thinking about restarting my pokemon blue, and I want this to be my final team. Can someone please rate it?

Charizard- Flamethrower, Slash, Earthquake, Submission

Nidoqueen- Earthquake, Rock Slide, Fire Blast, Body Slam

Gyarados- Surf, Ice Beam, Strength, Fire Blast

Exeggutor- Stomp, Solarbeam, Psychic, Hypnosis

Electrode- Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Explosion, Light Screen

Pidgeot- Hyper Beam, Wing Attack, Razor Wind, Agility

OriginalPokeMasta

Original 151 Caught
Looks pretty good, I like Jolteon more than Electrode, Dragonite much more than Gyarados, and maybe Jynx over Exeggutor.

Also Fly is better than Wing Attack.

Hitokage2

My changes and comments are in bold.

I'm thinking about restarting my pokemon blue, and I want this to be my final team. Can someone please rate it?

Charizard- Flamethrower/Fire Blast, Slash, Earthquake, Submission

Your moveset works, but you might want to add in Swords Dance instead of Submission for an extra attack boost so your Charizard can start sweeping away at your opponents. Submission will not really add any extra benefit besides an advantage against normal and rock type pokemon when you can easily counter rock types with Earthquake and Normal pokemon are not really serious threats to Charizard when you have good attacks like Flamethrower. I personally like flamethrower, but you might want to consider Fire Blast for the extra power with sacrificing PP and accuracy. Slash is good for the critical hits, but if you add Swords Dance, consider using Body Slam for a good normal attack with potential paralysis.

Nidoqueen- Earthquake, Rock Slide, Fire Blast, Body Slam

This moveset works. You might want to consider Blizzard or Thunderbolt instead of Rock Slide because if you need to defend against pesky ground only pokemon like Dugtrio that may use Earthquake, you can super effectively freeze them. You can also consider Thunderbolt for Water pokemon that can threaten your Nidoqueen.

Gyarados- Surf, Ice Beam, Strength/Thunderbolt, Fire Blast

Strength is a necessity in the game and it a decent physical attack, but I think thunderbolt should be considered because with your current moveset, you have nothing effective against other water type pokemon.

Exeggutor- Stomp/Double Edge/Leech Seed/Explosion, Mega Drain, Psychic, Sleep Powder

Why hypnosis? 60% accuracy is not good. Use Sleep Powder for a better 75% accuracy. I generally dislike Solar Beam and other 2 part moves because they leave you vulnerable to your opponent switching out to a fire pokemon while your Exeggutor is happily collecting sunlight and then frying your Exeggutor with Fire Blast or Flamethrower. Try Mega Drain isntead if you still want a grass type STAB attack with some healing ability. Double Edge can be effective if you don't mind recoil damage. Stomp can work for flinching, but it isn't a really powerful attack, so consider double edge if you want power. If you want to be annoying, you can use leech seed and sap your opponent's HP while they're asleep. If you want to cause a lot of damage, Explosion might be helpful too.

Electrode- Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Explosion, Light Screen/Reflect/Screech

Your move set is good. I would rather have Reflect instead of Light Screen because Electrode's defense stat is worse than its special, so physical attacks are a more serious threat that require more protection like Reflect. Screech (despite its not so great accuracy) can be considered if you really want to hurt your opponent with Explosion because Electrode does not have the best attack stat. If you want to maximally cause damage, Screech can help you.

Pidgeot- Substitute/Double Team/Mimic, Wing Attack, Double Edge, Agility
I dislike the 2 part moves like Hyper Beam and Razor Wind. Hyper Beam may be powerful, but it will leave you completely open to switching. If you want a strong normal attack, consider Double Edge instead of Razor Wind.

Overall, your team looks good with good pokemon (You don't have a team full of Magikarps). You have a serious problem that might hurt your team. You have 3 flying type pokemon (Gyarados, Pidgeot, and Charizard), which means that you will have problems with Rock and Electric attacks. Also, your Nidoqueen, Exeggutor, and Pidgeot are weak against Ice attacks, so at least half your team is weak against rock, electric, and ice attacks, which are pretty common attacks. Good luck with your team.