• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Final thoughts on Team Flare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Now that the Flare climax is over what is your final thoughts on the team this season? How did you think they were handled compared to previous ones?

Soniman

Break the Limit
Fantastic arc, easily eclipses other villian arcs by a country mile.

I cant believe something in this anime actually lived up to the hype

Janovy

Banned
Definitely the best villain arc so far with an amazing climax.

Red and Blue

Fantastic arc, easily eclipses other villian arcs by a country mile.

I cant believe something in this anime actually lived up to the hype

Agreed. I love how it was built up in the background and was the true finale of XY instead of the league.

4de_92

The best villain team of pokeani. An amazing climax and Lysandre has my respect, a good leaderand his reasons to destroy the world. Only a little dissapointed about how his subordinates wer defeated and malva switch sides.

Last edited:

Holy157

The first 3 episodes were great. The 1-hour Special was really nice. Easily beats the other Villain arcs. That they used Volt just increases my enjoyment of the Special. It also compensates for the League being lacking. If we had known things would go like this, I wouldn't have really cared about the League.

cam24t

Master
Very good. Only thing I hated is that Ash had to lose to Alain in the Finals and Alain being there period.

Pokemon Power

Lysandre was perhaps the most craziest villain in the Pokémon series. I wonder if Cartoon Network will even allow them to show him being killed.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Pretty darn good arc. Everything was used to near perfection. And while I wished certain characters pulled their weight more it didn't ruin it. XYZ has really disappointed me with certain rush jobs and irrelevancy of characters but this arc is without a doubt a good villain arc. I enjoyed it.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Very well done arc, I just wished the rivals would have done more and that Malva remained on Team Flare´s side

Markerz

Lysandre was perhaps the most craziest villain in the Pokémon series. I wonder if Cartoon Network will even allow them to show him being killed.

They better. Despite the dub being questionable, I'd like to see how they handle his Prism Tower jump and disintegration fall.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Pretty well done for the most part. Had some minor gripes here and there, but can't ask for much more. Probably the best villain arc IMO, although Galactic is not too far behind.

Markerz

What was the biggest plot twist during the Arc? I'll go with Viola x Grant. It was sort of implied when they first met, but this was definitely not what I expected to see. I mean.. they're just friends, right? :p

Oh, and the Arc was great, I'm glad they gave the Gym Leaders good screentime. Spritzee was the MVP, so it goes to show that size isn't everything. Pinkness is.

nuzamaki90

Hands down the best villain arc in the anime and best climax. It felt like I was watching a movie, which I had been hoping for since the beginning with the climax of Team Flare being handled as the final movie of the XY series. But this was a good alternative too.

The only thing I didn't like was the way Lysandre's death was handled. In the games, his future is left ambiguous, as in Y he died and in X he was buried alive, and it wasn't the direct result of the characters, it was because his own weapon took him out. I would have preferred the Megalith to have fused with the Sundial, Perfect Zygarde stop it, but a small wave still gets loose and everyone but Lysandre is protected from it.

Instead, Bonnie straight up murdered him.

Status
Not open for further replies.