• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Final thoughts on Team Flare

Status
Not open for further replies.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
But I felt like it was explained, probably way back into ACT 2 and 3 and 4 and none of us remember so I want to know if that was the case instead of calling it a writing flaw lol

In the acts, it did seem to sense Rayquaza's presence and fire energy off. I don't know if it was explained or not.

Markerz

Jumping to conclusions without doing any research? Good sir, what do you mistake this for, the Internet? ;)

EeveelutionTrainer

Absolutely amazing. This was Pokemon's Sozin's Comet, and it was freaking epic.

Between the two episodes though, the second one was good, but the first one was really really really really good. Everything about it was awesome. In general, seeing everyone attack, having the XY theme song play with the gym leaders, giving everyone a major role without overdoing it, Serena actually having a decent role and some time in the battle, Team Rocket helping then being saved by Diantha, Blaziken Mask reveal, Diantha joining the fray and joining Steven as a champion duo, Lysandre, the aerial battle, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting, everything about both was awesome. Though I do think the final fight between the megalith and Perfect Zygarde was over too quickly, overall the two-parter was absolutely stunning.

Though the way Bonnie essentially cheered for Perfect Zygarde to destroy Lysandre...that's pretty dark.

Overall hands-down amazing two-part finale. The first part is currently contending with XYZ028 as my favorite Pokemon episode of all time, and the two-parter managed to not only give awesome action but managed to bring together many of the main characters we've seen throughout the series without overusing any of them. Like I said, this finale was Pokemon's Sozin's Comet, and considering Sozin's Comet was my favorite Avatar episodes, this is no small compliment.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
But Aang was a pacifist and managed to spare the big bad's life despite the fact he killed dozens.

Bonnie SMILED AND SLAUGHTERED AN ADULT WHO DIDN'T KILL ANYONE.

This is the same discussion Game of Thrones-fans have when discussig Arya's apparent enjoyment of killing somebody sadistically. Is she going down a dark path? Where will this lead her? How can she curb this development? Will she want to?

I'm pretty sure Bonnie, will turn out fine.

diakyu

Of course we can just ignore Zygarde was going to do it regardless of if Bonnie said anything. Doubt Zygarde even heard her.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
To be fair, they didn't say he was killed. Malva was asked what happened to him and she said "who knows".

My guess is that Zygarde's Core Enforcer may have sealed Lysandre inside the earth as a punishment while keeping him alive (considering the japanese name is Core Punisher for that move).

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
But Aang was a pacifist and managed to spare the big bad's life despite the fact he killed dozens.

Bonnie SMILED AND SLAUGHTERED AN ADULT WHO DIDN'T KILL ANYONE.

There is no way there weren't a few casualties when the vines started piercing buildings. If there were a shounen or seinen anime, I'm sure they would have showed us people bleeding to death while their loved ones cradled their broken bodies. Besides, Zygarde seemed intent on wrecking Lysandre and the megalith even without Bonnie's encouragement. I'm still a little in awe that Pokémon showed someone essentially being vaporized.

As for the Team Flare members... They were a bit generic, as far as villains go, but I did enjoy the attitude of the female Admins (I can't keep their names straight). It made their interactions with Team Rocket entertaining to watch.

I found it very interesting that Malva seemed unaware of exactly what Lysandre was planning. The Mega Evolution specials made it seem like she was very close to Lysandre and would probably be one of the few people who knew all of the details of his plan, so I was rather surprised that she didn't.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm just glad Steven appeared at all. Like, he's my favourite character, but I thought he wouldn't come back after AG. Then we get the mega OVA and the team flare arc and it's just like GIMMEH.

Steven Stone showing up in the Team Flare finale was great, I'm just slightly disappointed that he stuck with using his mega Metagross and didn't use his Aggron at all. I've just gotten tired of seeing him use mega Metagross, tho Alain's over-dependency on mega Charizard X in the whole Team Flare arc was way worse hee hee.

Johtohfiller

It's a better Pokemon movie than the actual movies. I guess you could make a case for the Lucario or Entei movies being as good/better...but nah, I think the Flare finale is tops, it worked in so many plot threads. Great stuff, if they can do as good with the Sun and Moon villains I'll be able to overlook the art style.

Last edited:

DeepSeaDragon

It was a mostly good arc. The animation and atmosphere were done really well. Lysandre felt more dangerous than Ghetsis or any of the other forgettable villains ever did.

My biggest problems were Ash's role and the climax. Ash and his Pokemon did nothing memorable and I hated the megalith thing being the focus of final showdown. I also hated how Alain or anyone else involved weren't held accountable for contributing.

I still have questions but I'll wait for the dub so I can better understand it. Overall 6/10. Best villain arc this show has ever done imo.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I also hated how Alain or anyone else involved weren't held accountable for contributing.

Well when it comes to Alain, he followed Lysandre's plans but did so without knowing his true end goals. So him being punished for Lysandre's lies wouldn't have been fair from my perspective.

Steven Stone showing up in the Team Flare finale was great, I'm just slightly disappointed that he stuck with using his mega Metagross and didn't use his Aggron at all. I've just gotten tired of seeing him use mega Metagross, tho Alain's over-dependency on mega Charizard X in the whole Team Flare arc was way worse hee hee.

Which is why I'm prepared to see a rematch between the two, with both using their full team...

Oh I wish.

Red and Blue

Final Thoughts on Alain

Now that Alain basically reached the end of his character arc in XYZ44 what are your last thoughts on him and his role in XY?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
He was nice until he became a last second dream killer whose original dream is all but dead and did not have to be at the league. Now he doesn't know what to do with a trophy.

Seriously! Even if he did follow his dream, he already beat M-Absol and M-Garchomp.

Oh, and I didn't like how stupidly oblivious he was, and that really strange choice for clothing.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Personally i thought he was a good character but as a rival a bit clumsy. Kind of felt it was a last minute addition

Status
Not open for further replies.