• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finally got the BF manga

Irene

Rather bizarre
I finally got a copy of the infamous Battle Frontier manga by Ihara Shigekatsu (as always, this one).

Since there is not any number on the cover, I suppose that it's just a single volume. Maybe it wasn't so popular in Japan? Which is too bad, because I think that the artwork is really neat and fresh, I'd almost say it's a must for every Pokémon Emerald fan.

By the way, I had always heard that Lila (Anabel) was male in this manga... but judging from what I saw, she is a female in here too. She just uses masculine clothes in the first half of the story. Since I don't know Japanese, dialogues could though prove me wrong.

I was wondering if I had permission to post some little, low resolutions scans of some panels of the manga itself, just to show the characters that don't appear in Dogasu's site (such as pics of the four Frontier Brains that appear, or some funny short gags).

Last edited:

TeddiUrsa

I would love you for doing some scans ^^

The manga looks very interesting. I like the style very much, especially the battles look neat.

I wish Dogasu would find more time to do more pokemon manga reviews, I really liked them.

Too bad that almost everybody here just likes the Special manga...

Irene

Rather bizarre
Nope, it's the Japanese version... Got it from amazon.co.jp
Only "famous" mangas are translated to English, it seems...

And I surely will put up some scans if it's ok with the mods :)

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Irene, you have my permission to post some scans as you wish. Just try to avoid full page scans though :)

Coronis~

Irene

Rather bizarre
Thank you Coronis :)

Ok, so at the beginning I was VERY enthusiastic because I saw this cool thing: Frontier Brains Group shot... but it seems that just 4 Brains out of 7 actually are seen in the manga. No Noland, no Greta, no Brandon :/ oh well.
For the ones battling... here you can see how flamboyant Tucker looks. Ahaha, I think he's lovely; he uses Salamence and Swampert. Enta battles against him using a Vulpix and a FEEBAS? And actually WINS? That's... wow.
Spenser appears taking a photo with Enta just before the battle against Lucy.
And guess who's taking the photo? The sweetest Anabel I've ever seen! Here she's taking a photo of Enta's Vulpix... he looks pretty annoyed though. Eh, he doesn't know yet she's the Battle Tower Frontier Brain!
... does someone still think Anabel is MALE in this manga? o_o;
For those interested in battle pics...
Enta's Vulpix VS Rald's Sceptile
Ninetales VS Entei at the Battle Tower

Last, I'm posting some pics of Mitsuki (a pretty rich boy), probably the funniest moments in the manga...
Here he's just had his butt roasted by Enta's Vulpix...
And then, the scene with Enta's Zangoose that is just hilarious. Maybe disturbing, but... still really hilarious.
Zangoose scene part 1 Zangoose scene part 2

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Wow, I need to get a hold of this. Lucy looks scary hot XD

Lucy has always been scary hot. You get the feeling that she would say (with a Russian accent):

"Kiss me or I'll crush you".

Ugobama

Wow! That looks really cool, ever since i seen it on that site you linked in the first post! Lucy is HOT! This artwork kinda looks like The stuff From Dengeki Pikachu. You should post lots more...And yeah, wats all the pokemon of the characters?

Irene

Rather bizarre
Enta's Pokemon team is the following

Vulpix > Ninetales
Tropius
Illumise
Feebas > Milotic
Zangoose

I can't post more scans, since I fear I would ruin my book :/ if I had another copy, I'd probably would...

GemFan01

Enta's Pokemon team is the following

Vulpix > Ninetales
Tropius
Illumise
Feebas > Milotic
Zangoose

I can't post more scans, since I fear I would ruin my book :/ if I had another copy, I'd probably would...

Darn. Well, I have a few questions then. 1) Is Ruby/Brendan (Whatever they call him) in this story cause it looks like hes on the cover. 2) If ur not scanning any more, can u give us a summery at least?

Aquarelle

Staff member
GemFan01, you posted your message like six times. o_O

Darn. Well, I have a few questions then. 1) Is Ruby/Brendan (Whatever they call him) in this story cause it looks like hes on the cover. 2) If ur not scanning any more, can u give us a summery at least?

I don't think Brendan/Ruby is on the front cover, I'm pretty sure it's Enta.
Maybe his character desing is just based off of Ruby/Brendan's?

Yeah and, Irene, can you maybe post a summary? I'd love to know what's going on there!
And thanks for posting the scans, I love the style the art's drawn in!

~Aquarelle

Ugobama

I know the jist of it. Brendan is actually called Rald in this story and he is Enta's master. But instead of Swampert he has a Sceptyle. He looks much older.

Bulbasaur trainer James

#1 Bulbasaur Fan!

He's in it but he's called Rald.
He has a Sceptile, Charizard, Gyarados and Manetric.

That was his Sceptile fighting Vulpix in the scan.

GemFan01

Thanks guys. And sorry for psting the message multiple times. My computer isn't good.

By the way, do any of Ralds pokemon has wicked strong moves (ex. Gyrados with Earthquake insted of those dumb anime attacks such as water gun)

Last edited by a moderator: