• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals I: Torrent (1218)

Starswirl Pikachu

(+1 for the surprise Piplup and Dawn appearance)

And so after a long road, Ash reaches the final tournament battle vs Leon! Pikachu leads for Ash and Leon sends out Cinderace. So to avoid confusion with Goh's team I'll just refer to them as "evil" variants. (even tho Leons not really evil or anything)

At first glance it looks like an even match but evil Cinderace is able to nullify electric attacks, thus forcing Ash to switch out Pikachu. While not going as far as Cynthia did, Leon shows his smarts and wisely changes out his mon as well. Next up is Gengar vs evil Inteleon. I think it is kind of neat that the audience can sorta tell that Leons pokemon are at a higher level than Goh's counterparts appear to be. (or maybe they just happen to look that way?)

In any case, evil Inteleon gives Gengar a royal thrashing for some time and shows off a pretty nice interpretation of an Aqua Jet spin move. At this point Ash manages to successfully G-Max Gengar which puts the battle much closer in terms of strength level. Eventually G-Max Gengar is able to knock out evil Inteleon but not before taking on even more damage of its own. Ash did good by getting one of Leons team to faint first but Leon quickly evens the score by knocking out Gengar with an Ice and Psychic combo from Mr. Rime.

Good battle so far, lets see if Leon can keep his winning streak here or if his over confidence with the slight rule adjustment will lead to his downfall?

Red and Blue

Too bad they waited until the end for Gengar's Cursed Body ability to activate. That would have been extremely useful in earlier battles.