• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals I: Torrent (1218)

thor94

i really hope the writers won't take the same path as cynthia and togekiss for the battle, with ash only fight a basic charizard and leon gigamax another random pokemon.

vondecayle

Awesome to hear the Unova league soundtrack at the beginning of the match!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I'd like a translation on whether only Ash can use 3 gimmicks or both

From the sound of it, Satoshi is the only one of them that has access to more than one gimmick. Dande was going on about how he was going to give it his all this battle, so he wanted Satoshi to come at him with everything he had as well instead of letting some boring rules make the battle less fun.

nuzamaki90

What an amazing start to this final showdown. The strongest, unbeatable Champion VS The strongest hyperactive knuckle-headed rookie. You could genuinely feel the chemistry between the two shown in full throttle. The dialogue, the strategies, the battle styles, it was like I was watching Ash battle a version of himself. I’m so pumped to see what else is in store.

Also I love that Ash has garnered such a huge fanbase over the course of his PWC career. Seeing Koharu once again take in the fact that so many people were rooting for Ash and having her join in the festivities was awesome. Dawn being there is just a cherry on top, and I’m glad she made it be known that she’s been watching all of Ash’s battles leading up to this point. A true friend through and through. I’m glad we get to see so many people spanning from Steven, to Raihan, to Iris, to Allister, to even Marnie & Piers! Everyone is coming together to watch this huge battle unfold.

And speaking of the battle, everything is looking super tense but super enjoyable so far. Libero, Counter Shield, Cursed Body, and the G-Max Gengar W! THIS is the high stakes high thrilled battle that I’ve always hoped for Ash to have. 10/10 episode and a fantastic start to this 4-part finale.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Also Lol at Delia not going to see Ash's battle in person. Last drop of copium: Delia and Ash's companions are planning a victory party for Ash when he returns to Pallet Town.
I’d take that, Ash, Dawn and Chloe flying to Kanto, where they are met by Oak, and Delia. Then taken back to pallet town for a party where all his friends are gathered.
Then a late arrival is Goh and Gary who arrive to inform him of the news of Project Mew.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Unfortunately, this means an Ash victory will always be attached to a qualifying statement.

"I'm the best, but only if the actual best gimps himself."
It gives me the Hulk vs Thanos vibes from Infinity War

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Actually an incredible start to the battle. I could nitpick several things (big one is that gigantamax Pikachu got shafted) but overall that was a great episode and gives me high hopes for the rest of the battle.

thor94

Unfortunately, this means an Ash victory will always be attached to a qualifying statement.

"I'm the best, but only if the actual best gimps himself."
yep, it was exactly what happened during cynthia battle, she used mega togekiss instead garchomp mainly to nerf herself.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Also Lol at Delia not going to see Ash's battle in person. Last drop of copium: Delia and Ash's companions are planning a victory party for Ash when he returns to Pallet Town.
I don't think it's that much of a copium, not doing a victory party would be the weirder possibility

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
yep, it was exactly what happened during cynthia battle, she used mega togekiss instead garchomp mainly to nerf herself.
That one can be handwaved away as a tactical blunder. She was given one choice of two, and she picked the wrong one.

This is a situation where Leon is given a choice of "three or not three", and he's just "not three plz, but Ash can have three."

BobbbidyBob

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
3 Trump Cards for Ash was always a given because Gengar was not gonna go all Masters 8 without using his Gigantamax... and anyone who thought that was nuts.

My only surprise is the fact Leon is sticking with just Gigantamax Charizard. I get he's been shown as practically invincible this series, but if he's gonna suggest 3 v 1, maybe having Eternatus wouldn't have made that bad an idea... oh well though, not really Ash's fault that he has more cards up his sleeve than Leon.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Holy boy
This episode was STUNNING
What was the point of Inteleon? To look cool as ****kkkkkk
Honestly the animation with Cinderace the brief we saw of him and Inteleon was just amazing, you could actually feel the animation quality increase, Major Kudos to the animators for pulling off this opening episode!!

This battle honestly REALLY feels like the culmination of Ash's training in JN and that is reflected so well in this episode through Gengar, we see it use its intangibility after so freaking long, Will - O - Wisp comes clutch again against Inteleon's counter shield (SO HAPPY Dawn was the one who recognised it), its G - max comes clutch again, we get a great Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb animation and we FINALLY see Cursed Body in action
This really felt like Gengar going all out and seeing Marnie watch him and Allister be proud was the best. Gengar gave Ash his first W in the biggest match of his life and the celebrations afterwards felt so earned, Gengar honestly had such an amazing arc and redemption throughout JN and happy this is where it ends

Mr. Rime is as amazing as I hoped it to be, predicting this to be @Ignition 's fav match just coz of based Mr. Rime and Mr. Fish shenanigans we see in the preview.

Anyway, all that aside, while Chloe and Dawn were absolutely adorable together, Serena really needs to join the trio, the space next to Chloe REALLY looks suspicious, and Im pretty sure Goh aint coming back in time. I hope next episodes ends with a surprise Serena entry in the stadium and the third ep ends with a surprise Misty and Brock entry in the stadium. Since Iris shows that not all will be in the stands to cheer him, I think having Dawn, Chloe and Serena along with Misty and Brock is perfect for the series narrative, having his oldest friends, his best friend Dawn, his pretty much only love interest Serena and the new gen companion in Chloe. But they better show Clemont Bonnie, Cilan, Alola gang and May/Max cheering him on. The cameos so far are interesting and clearly the cameos will only increase, so heres hoping Misty Brock and Serena atleast make it to the stands
Going to stay out of this thread until I can watch the episode but you definitely got me excited for this match so I hope it's as good as you say it is.

TheNewGuy

From the sound of it, Satoshi is the only one of them that has access to more than one gimmick. Dande was going on about how he was going to give it his all this battle, so he wanted Satoshi to come at him with everything he had as well instead of letting some boring rules make the battle less fun.

That sucks, though I hope Leon still uses multiple Gigantamaxes.