• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals I: Torrent (1218)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
FINALLY watched this battle, absolutely loved it when watched it live and love it now
- TR is just the HIGHLIGHT honestly, their dialouges are always on point and wholesome. Also the line of "We will find out who has the strongest pokemon for us to capture" just screams to me that Ash and Pikachu NEED to win, itll be so poetic to see Pikachu be that and they acknowledge that while crying
- Dawn was incredible despite her short screentime, the writers REALLY nailed the dynamic and history she shares with Ash with just few of her dialouges, esp when contrasting it with Chloe. Also its still surreal to see Dawn say stuff like "thats how we cheered for him back in Sinnoh", really not used to continuity like this lol which is sad, do better Pokemon
- Shouldnt have been surprised it was a lie but yeah the people claiming Chloe came to watch just for Eevee and not for Ash, hahahaha.
The episode clearly states gettting eevee to watch an official battle was just a plus point for her, and shes mainly here to cheer on Ash more while Goh isnt there
-The animation really is so good, but I think my fav part is how SHARP the drawings were, Ash and Leon looked extra handsome in this episode, their back and forth is actually so engaging and Ash is actually talking like a Champion now. "Im impressed Mr. Dande" and the sly smug he gave to Leon when Cursed Body activated
- Goh and Ash's parallel at the start of the episode really was everything man, love them so much, sad he isnt there in person

Im just really glad Gengar got such a good last showing, he really is probably my fav JN member at this point

vondecayle

Ash having more abilities than Leon is not neccesarily a handicap. If Leon doesn’t have the skill to use mega evolution or z-moves that’s on him. It’s almost like saying that Ash is handicapped because he doesn’t have access to certain attacks or Libero as an ability, that’s on Ash for not teaching his pokemon those attacks or catching certain pokemon with such abilities. Each trainer is obviously going to have something the other doesn’t.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Ash having more abilities than Leon is not neccesarily a handicap. If Leon doesn’t have the skill to use mega evolution or z-moves that’s on him. It’s almost like saying that Ash is handicapped because he doesn’t have access to certain attacks or Libero as an ability, that’s on Ash for not teaching his pokemon those attacks or catching certain pokemon with such abilities. Each trainer is obviously going to have something the other doesn’t.
There is no in-verse reason outside rules not allowing Leon to G-Max more than 1 of his Pokemon.
What would be nice, would be Ash mirrowing Leon and giving him a Z-bracet and Grassium or Firium-Z so he can use one of the Z-moves with Cinderace or Rillaboom. Or even Steelium-Z with Cinderace's Iron Head.
Also Leon could've totally learn to use Z-moves or Mega Evolution before the Tournament. Ash didn't have a Mega or Gigantamax outside of PIkachu before the PWT started so a World Champion like Leon wouldn't have much problems with mastering those in the meantime.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
think about it for like more than 5 seconds and the problem here should be obvious
Leon is smart enough to know what he wants and needs and what he doesnt. Likewise he made his team of full power based on not needing a mega or Z move and using his team to win, rather than wasting time going to another region and participating in trials to earn stuff
Just because he chose a different way of pursuing power, Ash should neglect his way and weaken himself? What a dumb argument
Heck Leon using a Mega would actually be weakening himself rather than strengthening
There is no in-verse reason outside rules not allowing Leon to G-Max more than 1 of his Pokemon.
Yes there are. We clearly see the Dynamax band works like the Z-ring where it NEEDS to be recharged after using once to be used again and so cant be used more than once in battle, like a Z move, UNLESS eternatus or the tapus intervene
What would be nice, would be Ash mirrowing Leon and giving him a Z-bracet and Grassium or Firium-Z so he can use one of the Z-moves with Cinderace or Rillaboom. Or even Steelium-Z with Cinderace's Iron Head.
Also Leon could've totally learn to use Z-moves or Mega Evolution before the Tournament. Ash didn't have a Mega or Gigantamax outside of PIkachu before the PWT started so a World Champion like Leon wouldn't have much problems with mastering those in the meantime.
Leon clearly shows he knows about them, but didnt pursue strength by getting them but rather relying on the current tricks he had. Why should Ash suffer for it?

pickapika

Just because he chose a different way of pursuing power,
Ash never chose ****. He lucked into the gimmicks which have nothing to do with his character
Ash should neglect his way and weaken himself? What a dumb argument
And an even dumber strawman. The criticism is a criticism of the narrative. No one has argued that, if they were in ash's shoes, they'd turn down Leon's offer.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
It's so weird how this whole thing is being spun as "Leon being handicapped is an okay thing because Ash should be at this strongest" while ignoring the fact that official rules were literally bent so that Ash could have more gimmicks at his disposal because he would literally lose without them.

If Ash can't beat Leon while fighting on equal grounds (which these aren't), he's not the strongest trainer nor does he deserve to win. It's as simple as that. I just don't get how people can accept this kind of victory and treat it as legitimate.

pickapika

It's so weird how this whole thing is being spun as "Leon being handicapped is an okay thing because Ash should be at this strongest" while ignoring the fact that official rules were literally bent so that Ash could have more gimmicks at his disposal because he would literally lose without them.

If Ash can't beat Leon while fighting on equal grounds (which these aren't), he's not the strongest trainer nor does he deserve to win. It's as simple as that. I just don't get how people can accept this kind of victory and treat it as legitimate.
surely cynthia, having travelled more than everyone else, should have been allowed access to the 10 z moves, 20 daimaxes, and 30 mega evolutions she must have collected as the true measure of your strength as a trainer is how much you've travelled!

Doesn't Ash want to beat her at full strength?

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
surely cynthia, having travelled more than everyone else, should have been allowed access to the 10 z moves, 20 daimaxes, and 30 mega evolutions she must have collected as the true measure of your strength as a trainer is how much you've travelled!

Doesn't Ash want to beat her at full strength?
That's a good question.

If you really think about, since the trainers weren't allowed to fight at their full strength (going by the logic of some people), surely that means the PWC results aren't even legitimate, because the trainers weren't able to use everything at their disposal. And that's not really fair now, is it?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ash never chose ****. He lucked into the gimmicks which have nothing to do with his character
What a dumb statement. SM literally shows the correlation of Z moves with his character and why he sought them, he seeks out Mega evolution to strengthen Lucario. Ash seeking out techniques to bring out the full strength of his mons has always been in character. The only "lucked" out argument I can see is maybe Dynamax, and even then for Gengar specifically Ash worked for it

How is this not on equal grounds is what's confusing me. Ash is battling with every trick up his sleeve same as Leon. The rules were bent to LIMIT Ash in the earlier rounds and Hyper Class, its so funny how youre acting its the opposite.
Its legitimate because it is a full power clash between the strongest trainers in the world in a competitive stage we know, there are no rules holding either back, Leon is fighting the way he wants, Ash is fighting the way he wants, no limits, full out fight
Acting like this fight wont cement Ash as the strongest because he didnt win while not using all the gimmicks he has as compared to Leon who is using everything He's got is absolutely ridiculous and an insane double standard

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Journeys has had some issues but this ain't it. Man, Leon is amazing. This was good start to the battle, I might have my qualms with a lot of stuff but they really did this correctly. First of all, I love that Leon is strong and knows he's strong. Sure being humble is fine and all but we've had about 4+ "humble Champions" and Iris showed up late to the party. It's great having him being confident in his abilities and knowing he's earned his spot.

The whole time we have Leon portrayed as somewhat of a ditz at times but he truly shines in Pokemon battles (which I'm hearing was the intention of mirroring Ash) and it's clear he's pretty clever and very adaptive, studying things like Ash's tendency to use Gengar's transparency and also using counter shields and combining those trivial facts to counter his plan.

It's very clear that his tactic as a Champion is mentally psyching his opponents out and using that against them. Just take him completely disregarding Ash's plan of using CB and brushing it off like it was nothing while setting up Psychic Terrain. Not only discouraging Ash but at the same time turning the battle in his favor mentally and on the field. Ash acknowledging Gengar's ability and trying to use it to stop Freeze Dry was smart as well no doubt.

The music used here was amazing as well, Yuki Hayashi needs to stay the composer because he's marvelous. They even used "I can't lose!" for the second time here (the first being Haxorus vs Garchomp after it mega evolved) and I think they're gonna start using even more BW tracks like the Title Screen, I love it. Dawn being back was pleasant as well and it's nice she's technically cheered for him, two leagues now

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Nice to watch this dubbed! Love that Dawn had been watching all of Ash’s battles in the Master 8 on television but was so excited he reached the final that she had to come out and watch for herself!

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Sooo she could've been there from the start.
She’s just demonstrating what her mother taught her. Why bother to show up for the whole thing, when you can watch it on tv and only show up if they make the final and save time just in case they don’t make it far

doofinc

get rillaboomed
I am once again asking the dub composers to please stop using xylophones they don't work.

Also you don't need music for literally every second please stop. Also the transitions suck, which is amplified by attempting to put music in every second. Also quite a bit of the original dub music sounds like music that belongs in a game, as opposed to music that belongs in a show (not to be confused with game music that is successfully transformed into a rendition suited for television).

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Been rewatching all episodes from Finals 1 to MPM 10 just to prepare for Ash's finale Tomo and mannnn, this episode is such a trendsetter for the peak ultimate battle yet to come
Just does all things right, you would think the writers explicitly saying Leon using his full potential and wanting Ash to use his full potential at the roaring approval of the crowd would clue people in this is actually a battle being fair to Ash for once, but nah people gonna moan

Alolan Glaceon

Glaceon master
Been rewatching all episodes from Finals 1 to MPM 10 just to prepare for Ash's finale Tomo and mannnn, this episode is such a trendsetter for the peak ultimate battle yet to come
Just does all things right, you would think the writers explicitly saying Leon using his full potential and wanting Ash to use his full potential at the roaring approval of the crowd would clue people in this is actually a battle being fair to Ash for once, but nah people gonna moan
Looks like I'm not the only one watching the PWC today. When I looked at it again, I had goosebumps and I started to envy Kiawe that he wears no shirt