• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals II: Toying (1219)

SevereRacccon6

Sinnoh and Kalos Enjoyer
@Kazuniya

That still doesn't answer my question. You ignore that Sirfetch'd did massive damage to Garchomp, and we also saw Garchomp pant in pain after Lucario bullet punched it to the gut. Lastly Reversal in the games is the strongest fighting move when your HP is low.

Literally the only thing you can say for that battle is Garchomp didn't have Dig or anything, but not how Lucario won.
Bro is spitting facts

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Did you somehow miss the fact that Sirfetch'd did considerable damage to Garchomp in the previous episode, and the fact that after taking a ton of Bullet punches, that Reversal is one of the strongest fighting moves in the games when your HP is low? Ash won in the best way possible.
Pikachu wasn't the final Pokemon, so Ash won just because it wasn't the final round.

Besides, what kind of idiot sees a potential threat to her team literally a few feet away from where she's sitting at a park and yet...she doesn't make sure to have a single super effective move on her ace against it?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
@Kazuniya

That still doesn't answer my question. You ignore that Sirfetch'd did massive damage to Garchomp, and we also saw Garchomp pant in pain after Lucario bullet punched it to the gut. Lastly Reversal in the games is the strongest fighting move when your HP is low.

Literally the only thing you can say for that battle is Garchomp didn't have Dig or anything, but not how Lucario won.
Welcome back Scott, how have you been

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Words cannot express how happy I was to see that dog go down.

Lucario vs Garchomp was already a mess (the writers seriously expected to me believe Ash's Lucario is on par with Cynthia's Garchomp???), so I'm so happy that the opening was misleading with the whole Charizard vs Lucario visual. I legitimately thought we were gonna get that.
Yup, how was I supposed to believe that when Paul couldn't even knock Garchomp out and got swept by it when his team specifically Torterra had multiple regions worth of battling experience compared to a Pokémon that hatched put of an egg in this series.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Words cannot express how happy I was to see that dog go down.

Lucario vs Garchomp was already a mess (the writers seriously expected to me believe Ash's Lucario is on par with Cynthia's Garchomp???), so I'm so happy that the opening was misleading with the whole Charizard vs Lucario visual. I legitimately thought we were gonna get that.
I'm willing to give it beating Cynthia's Garchomp since it's the Sinnoh Pokémon and despite my inherent dislike of it, it's not like it's the only mon on the team who had something happen like this. But after hearing that it must battle Charizard since the latest version of the opening dropped for so long? Yeah no I found it great.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

pickapika

Yup, how was I supposed to believe that when Paul couldn't even knock Garchomp out and got swept by it when his team specifically Torterra had multiple regions worth of battling experience compared to a Pokémon that hatched put of an egg in this series.
"Torterra is as strong as pikachu because experience!"

pickapika

Still pretty ridiculous that Lucario only got one PWC loss as a Lucario, though. It's got Pikachu beat from having a record like that.
Ehhh, the cynthia episodes go way out of their way to establish that pikachu is the strongest. Pikachu loses but, it has nothing to do with its strength and the implication is that cynthia was scared pikachu was gonna single handedly wreck her team.

Gotta love how the writers went from "So basically this isn't even a contest if we don't find a way to get rid of Ash's ace" with the trainer given the most gravitas and the most impressive(disregarding what is exposited) showing in the series(solo-sweeping Paul), and then flipped to "this isn't even a contest if we don't give ash four seperate gimmicks/power boosts" for a glorified Tobias who came out of nowhere

Last edited:

DayQuil95

implication is that cynthia was scared pikachu was gonna single handedly wreck her team.
It was practically at full power after beating Gastrodon and Spiritomb, so I'd not be surprised. The one consistent thing in the Masters 8 so far seems to have been Pikachu's power, since it was made to be the only Pokemon comparable to Leon's Charizard, and in every instance it was losing or lost, there was an excuse, like Destiny Bond or Mega Metagross going out of its way to calculate ways to avoid his moves... Only to be taken out by like 20% of 10MV's power and an Iron Tail

pickapika

It was practically at full power after beating Gastrodon and Spiritomb, so I'd not be surprised. The one consistent thing in the Masters 8 so far seems to have been Pikachu's power, since it was made to be the only Pokemon comparable to Leon's Charizard, and in every instance it was losing or lost, there was an excuse, like Destiny Bond or Mega Metagross going out of its way to calculate ways to avoid his moves... Only to be taken out by like 20% of 10MV's power and an Iron Tail
it was practically at full power with both mons landing multiple hits.

A bit of inconsistency with it taking a bunch of damage vs leon's first pokemon, but then being comparable to his charizard

Ash-Pikachu

it did but it just no sold their attacks and one-shot them
Pikachu only got hit by Togekiss and that's due to Ash not knowing what Togekiss was about. Against Gastrodon and Spiritomb, he received no damage. In fact, he even dodged a Sucker Punch from Spiritomb which is pretty insane all things considered.

Pikachu's practically been a beast this entire tournament and he's only been pushed around by one's Mega Champion Ace or underhanded strategies designed to take Pikachu out.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Cynthia revealing she had her Dynamax Band under jacket was too cool. They arguably gave her the best gimmick "poses" in terms of show utilizes Mega Evolution and Dynamaxing, adding on the Galar Gym Leader theme made it even more better

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Making Cynthia hotter and giving her cool af poses is another reason why I love this battle so much :p
Cynthia was my first anime crush lol until Olivier from FMAB came along :V
Yes, my favorite part of the other battle was definitely the lipstick sequence and like you said the Dynamax part was pretty epic (despite my qualms with it). I think it's because she able to balance being feminine and still keeping an intimidating presence at the same time which is rare for writers to do this often time. I'm assuming you like blondes?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
This episode definitely aged way better than I remembered
It's still the weakest of all the final episodes, but then again that is a high bar
It was never really static to begin with, just more slow with how they decided to animate Mr. Rime. Plus it doesn't really have that climatic moment each episode had (Gigantamax Gengar with ep1, the 10MV volts clash with Gigantamax Charizard in ep3 and the entirety of ep4)
Also, Lucario took hell of a beating going down. Took 2 Ice axels (which is like 6 attacks), a flamethrower, a thunderbolt, paralysis damage (which we see happens in the anime) and then another flamethrower before it went down. Even Leon was surprised it lasted that long

Imagine being so goated with your battle record people view THIS as your weak point lmao. Lucario really the strongest there is after Pikachu

Starswirl Pikachu

Mr. Rime showed its no pushover by causing lots of damage. Sir Fetched did an ok job against Mr. Rime but also took some hits in the process. Its good that Ash used Mega evolution at a decisive point but its also too bad that Mega Lucario got worn down a lot. Mr Rime eventually gets knocked out of the way so then Leon brings out Dragapult. Even though Ash managed to switch out Mega Lucario it is changed back in after some time due to Dragon tail and then defeated.

Ash's Dragonite vs Dragapult seemed to go on for a while. Dragonite needs to get at least few wins sometime and today it finally got a victory over Leons dragon. When Dragonite used a made up grappling move with Draco meteor it reminded me of Charizard using Seismic toss back in the day. Even with Ash getting ahead a little bit in numbers the match still stays very close and Leon still has his Dynamax left to use.

Last edited: