• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals II: Toying (1219)

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
The fact Lucario got taken down easily (by its standards) only means that Cynthia would've been bodied by Leon.
As a Cynthia stan, you're right. Assuming Ash defeats Leon, it'll take him 3-4 gimmicks to do while Cynthia only has 2 gimmicks. Plus, Leon will only use 1 or 2 (if Charizard G-Maxs a 2nd time because of Eternatus). Leon's base Pokemon are a way stronger than Cynthia's or Ash's.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
It's probably the most ridiculous Ash Pokemon with a longer victory streak and nearly no (serious) losses. I dislike the fact it took this long for it to get a loss as a Lucario (or Mega Lucario) during the PWC. Even if Pikachu loses, Lucario still had it much better than him.

Its counterpart is Ash's Water-type Torkoal with its horrendous losing streak.
Didn't Infernape be quite similar since some point? And Greninja?

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
If Ash’s getting toyed by Leon, then that wouldn’t be good for him.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So why did Dragon Tail decide to actually work despite all of BW never forcing a switch out of Pokémon?
Why Ash's Gengar finally remembered it has Cursed Body?

Cannot wait for Pikachu to remember it has Static.

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
Mr. Rime was cool asf and its personality shined. That's exactly what I like to see from Pokemon battles. Bro was just goofing off and having fun while kicking ass at the same time. I found myself actually rooting for Mr. Rime to get more KOs. Definitely the highlight of the episode for me. This episode also confirmed that Mr. Rime's main body is not located in the head.

Shout out to Dragapult for all the work it put in. It weakened half of Ash's team and knocked out JobCario lmao. This was the first time that Dragon Tail was used "properly" in the anime, which I like to see. It's moveset showed off the versatility of this Pokemon. No wonder this thing is in OU.

I think it has been very obvious that Ash is gonna beat Leon, and I could bet my life savings that Pikachu wins this, but it's clearly not going to be an easy fight.

Yes, yes, I know that OLM barely has any animators left. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna criticize the poor animation here. The backgrounds, the repeating stock footage, and just the animation overall is embarrassing for what is supposed to be the highlight of Ash's career. The last two series did a much greater job during their final battles. This one definitely isn't gonna win any prizes in that regard.

Hu Tao

Serebii Lurker for at least half a decade
Not a terrible battle. Animation is not amazing and worse than the first part imo, but it could be okay in HD. It's at least passable enough for a Journeys episode and they could be saving the budget for the next episodes (which from the preview, they will look much better than this episode).

Dracovish getting bigger claw fang thingies is a bit strange - I would excuse it if it was a new move like Psychic Fangs or something and I'll have to wait for subs to see how it's explained.

I'm mixed on Lucario's performance; power scaling is weird with how it beat Cynthia's Ace and Dynamax Togekiss (and Togekiss took no damage prior to fighting Lucario) but it did get Dragon Tail and Para haxed, and it did get a K.O. so it's a bit better handled than Ash's Lycanroc from SM imo.

Dragapult managed to get Thunderbolt to paralyze; apparently Pikachu got the paralyze before, but I don't think it has happened in like 20+ years. Also showcasing Dragon Tail's secondary effect finally, they acknowledged Volt Switch's effect but not its fellow Gen 5 switching move, and the way it was used in the battle was pretty satisfying. How Ash's Pokemon would look confused when they were sent out early was pretty cute.

Glad Dragonite got its win as well. The Seismic Toss like finisher reminded me of Ash's Charizard and made me wish that reserves were used *inhales more copium*

Also XY music was used here, this is Serena foreshadowing :p

Next episode preview looks pretty wild. The Z-Move looks better in the preview than in the rest of the series but I'll still hold out hope that ridiculously fat Pikachu is going to be here. Not sure if it will want to battle Pikachu on Leon's side (not really a connection to Pikachu and Eternatus like there was with Tapu Koko, so unlikely) but what will probably happen is that Eternatus gives Ash and Leon an extra Dynamax like what Ash vs. Kukui did. It could be a fun ending but Journeys has been ending battles in questionable and unsatisfying ways (Volkner, Steven, Raihan, Drasna, arguably Cynthia and Marnie). I will be casually optimistic.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Why Ash's Gengar finally remembered it has Cursed Body?

Cannot wait for Pikachu to remember it has Static.
Somebody will have to remind me but I don’t even remember Static being used in XY or SM. I think the only Pokémon that’s utilized it recently was Emolga and BW Pikachu. I assume it goes in the same category on how all of Cynthia’s abilities started working in their recent match.

They’re all over the place with that.

Dragneelo

Anipoke Hiveleader
This episode marks the first time a Mega Evolved Pokémon is seen being recalled to its Poké Ball in the anime.

raisus_77

Honestly I don't know what's going to happen, because the preview clearly shows Pikachu and G-max Charizard final showdown, with Pikachu even using 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. Isn't it weird, when we know there's still one more episode of battle? Also, what about Rillaboom and Cinderace. Are both going to lose next episode and then have Charizard vs Pikachu? Is Leon going to use G-max Charizard before having all of his other Pokemon defeated? Then we also have Eternatus...

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
We got so much Lucario and Charizard in the anime people are fed up with both of them.
We had a Lucario in literally every series since its debut
AG: Movie
DP: Maylene and Riley
BW: Cameron(LOL)
XY: Korrina
SM: Kukui
JN: Ash

This is comparable to Charizard usage in the anime except even it didn't have any major appearance in DP
Soon base Eevee will get there too