• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals IV: Partner (1221)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
But yes indeed many do love Ash to death and many love the franchise and the mons that helped build the franchise to the death, and that's what helped all of us Unite for once and celebrate this episode <3

...I'm honestly not sure where you guys are looking if you're not seeing all the criticism this episode and victory are currently getting.

Pokemon Power

It's just as I theorized since the Journeys arc began. Since it was the 25th anniversary of the anime, every past traveling companion of Ash's appeared in it. Plus, Ash finally did it. That means for sure, we are nearing towards either the end or a time-skip.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
...I'm honestly not sure where you guys are looking if you're not seeing all the criticism this episode and victory are currently getting.
I never said there wasn't criticism the episode and victory was getting though
There is, and a lot of those do have points
But the majority of the fandom I've seen are celebrating the win despite it just because of those moments we had and the meaning it holds
That's why I also said momentarily, coz soon that hype and all will die down

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
It's the Alola League 2.0 so far from what I've seen.
90% people who haven't touched the anime in a million years checking out the news and going "oh, that's cool" and 10% of people like us who actually still watch and keep up with the anime celebrating and cheering for the victory with a part of that remaining 10% going about how the lead-up to the victory feels cheap and how PM and the PWC sucked overall so the win doesn't feel as good and cool and it should have been, etc.
The biggest difference is that rather than going full on "joke league lmao" even the biggest PM haters can say that if nothing else this episode and victory was, in a vacuum, very good in terms of animation, emotional beats, fanservice and scope.

That said, it's to be expected for the majority of people to lose themselves to the hype and emotion. It can't be helped.

IcySealeo

Not the best series to make Ash a WC, but that episode is on a different level of any other episode.

Hats off to the one who came with the idea of Pikachu fainting and seeing all (and this time it's really all) of Ash's Pokemon. Cilan and Brock, May. Max and Serena... They didn't fail with any moment and scene here.

It's the Alola League 2.0 so far from what I've seen.
90% people who haven't touched the anime checking out the news and going "oh, that's cool" and10% of people like us who actually still watch and keep up with the anime celebrating and cheering for the victory with a part of that remaining 10% going about how the lead-up to the victory feels cheap and how PM and the PWC sucked overall so the win doesn't feel as good and cool and it should have been, etc.
The biggest difference is that rather than going full on "joke league lmao" even the biggest PM haters can say that if nothing else this episode and victory was, in a vacuum, very good in terms of animation, emotional beats, fanservice and scope.

That said, it's to be expected for the majority of people to lose themselves to the hype and emotion. It can't be helped.
Alola League 2.0.... hell nah

The Alola League was quite different

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I guess they just gave up and said "People will watch this on Youtube anyway lmao let's the first to tweet about Ash victory"
It's not even out on the sites I'm not supposed to mention yet, but they tweeted this out instead. It's hilarious.

Peluched49

The criticisms this episode gets are warranted, but the praises even more. Its a very good episode, the peak moments more than outshine the flaws it has. It manages to close off what is otherwise great battle (one of the best in the series) in a very good way.

AJ97

Oh yeah, definitely. Here they at least made sure to have a narrative that actually paints the victory as a big deal instead of just randomly saying it is. But it still feels hollow, this time because it comes across as undeserved and cheaply written.
Why do you say "Undeserved"? Is this because of Pikachu's victory over Cinderace?
Ash vs Leon overall felt relatively fair with both sides getting a fair amount of hits and action before going down.

I guess Cinderace's loss is a legitimate argument; however, you could sort of make a case of Mega Lucario too in Leon's favour as it struggled and fell a little too easily; especially compared to its last performance against Cynthia.