• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals IV: Partner (1221)

Type: Wild:
Na na na na na na na na na na na (We see a shot of Ash first starting out his journey and declaring that he’ll be a Pokemon master)
Remembering the days I trained hard and I played in this little town (recaps the first episode)
Feeling so proud of the friends that I made, I look forward to them everyday (shows Ash through the years with all his traveling companions)
The sneakers that I wear, the coolest of all pair, take me everywhere (shows Ash loosing Kanto, earning Charizard’s trust, beating Drake, Gary, loosing to Harrison)
You’ll only find them in Pallet Town (shows Ash loosing to Tyson)
Worn out but the best you can find (shows Ash beating Brandon)
They help me get through, my journeys time after time! (shows Infernape beating Paul)
And before you know it, Type Wild! (Shows Sceptile beating Darkrai and Ash loosing to Tobias, Ash loosing to Cameron)
I’m gonna reach my goal, Type Wild! (Shows Greninja vs Sceptile and Greninja falling in the Kalos League before showing Ash kneeled over)
Keep on going, Type Wild! (Shows Ash and Pikachu beating Tapu Koko and a shot of Ash and Pikachu laying on the ground)
I’ve got to stay strong, Type Wild! (Shows final clash between Pikachu and Charizard before screen fades to white)
And I know, what I will say, one day (shows scene with all of Ash’s Pokemon cheering Pikachu on)
Hello, my dream (Ash’s team holding the trophy)

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
yeah, Pikachu vs Charizard was pretty epic and I felt some emotions and satisfication, something I haven't felt since the Paul fight. If the whole 6vs6 was this high quality with a bit more strategie mixed in, then this would've beaten Ash vs Paul. But that was a perfect climax for the fight so props for that.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Pikachu got smacked by:

•Mud-Shot
•Dai Dragoon
•Kyodai Fireball
•Dai Rock (jumped above a bit of this)

Before it's showdown with Lizardon in base, looking back I thought it had accumulated more battle damage but thar actually wasn't too bad. Kyodai Heavy Thunder essentially was the whole Daimax turn limit poured into one, I can somewhat see what they were going for now. Plus Pikachu's lesser speed but increased bulk.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The only complaint I have with the Pokemon montage was with the OG 6.

I know why Bulbasaur came in first, but could you imagine the tears that would have instantly dropped around the world if they did those 6 in the true order, and Butterfree came in first?

Martinat388

He did the thing!

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
...So, he was just outside the stadium and didn't bother to come in? This makes absolutely no sense.

probably couldn't due to time constraints, same reason we didn't see most watching talk, it's not just about getting the voice actors but also how much "time" is taken away from the fight to get them to talk, which they probably didn't want.

also, Sonia with the bird? I did not expect that, wonder if she still owns it and it's a Corviknight now?

Saito was the true world champion all along.

Cynthia also took down Pikachu with Spiritomb so should she be world champion cause of that?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I mean, I've been saying and implying this all the time. That's why he doesn't really deserve all these victories. He's been on a winning streak since the tie with Bea.
And him being on a losing streak would make it better how? Wouldn't it feel far more undeserved if he hadn't been winning consistently?

Honestly cannot comprehend people just do not want to accept that Ash has been this strong for ages and just wasn't allowed to show it. Champions and E4 members were just given plot armor to ridiculous levels (glares at Flint) to keep Ash down.

TheNewGuy

"It's not bad writing to have Spider-man punch out Galactus, it was all those thousands of stories that showed him not being able to do that that were bad writing".

I mean that's a terrible example. Spiderman literally can't do that no matter how hard he trains. Being a good trainer is quite a different matter though.

I get that the jump is jarring but he is exactly where he should be at this point in time. Should have been winning leagues as early as Sinnoh.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It's kinda funny to see how some people try to make this one good episode overshadow what happened over the past three years
Some of us actually like the series as it happened, you know.

Martinat388

He did the thing!
I mean, I've been saying and implying this all the time. That's why he doesn't really deserve all these victories. He's been on a winning streak since the tie with Bea.
Didn't he also lose to Rinto?
Granted that wasn't a world championships battle but still

Honestly though I'd rather a long winning streak than a losing streak like the one in the Flygon episode. I don't disagree that he should have lost a couple more battles, but I do prefer it over that.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
It's kinda funny to see how some people try to make this one good episode overshadow what happened over the past three years 25 years
FTFY.

JN is a product of how the anime has handled canon over the last 25 years...especially since the Sinnoh/Unova transition and soft-reset.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
And him being on a losing streak would make it better how? Wouldn't it feel far more undeserved if he hadn't been winning consistently?

Honestly cannot comprehend people just do not want to accept that Ash has been this strong for ages and just wasn't allowed to show it. Champions and E4 members were just given plot armor to ridiculous levels (glares at Flint) to keep Ash down.

Greninja was the one to start the break in the belief Ash could never touch champions/high-tier tainers, even if the pretext of the fight was to gauge it's power, it still knocked Diantha's Mega Gardevoir down hard, enough to shock Diantha to prove she didn't expect it.

Heck as someone else pointed out earlier in this thread, several people actually got on her case cause of it and claimed she was the weakest champion because of that for a while too.