• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals IV: Partner (1221)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Hilarious to me that the one taking it personal is apparently the guy getting annoyed by a user spamming SM hatred and troll posts, and not the user themselves who apparently have been affected by SM so much they need to base their entire personality on hating it

Funny to me to see the revisionism that Jane is just criticising and is the victim who is being bullied for her opinions, as if her 'criticisms' are criticisms and not just talking the most deluded **** ever.

But hey what do i know, I guess Kukui being a pedo, Chloe having 'droopy' breasts (Yes, that user actually said that once), misgendering characters purposely and acting elitist and getting the Pokemon characters speculation thread closed over it is all Legitimate criticism and me and @RafaSceptile are just blind SM fanboys who can't handle these strong and so intelligently thought out complaints that wouldn't remain in this forum for a second if they were instead directed at some other particular series.

Also @Pokegirl Fan~ LMAO I just realised finally what Jane reminds me of these days. She's literally the stereotypical MSA mean high school girl who's the bully in their videos LMAO
Constantly talking about and degrading someone for their fashion, judging by class, only caring if someone is beautiful or not, IT FITS SO WELL XD

RafaSceptile

image.png

That is a score, yes

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Four gimmicks. Two blatant asspulls. Leon being a showman who'd rather blast a big attack than use Libero smartly. Despite all this, Ash barely eked out a victory. Even with some time to get past any biases I might've had against the battle itself, it's hard for me to buy this result. I don't really see Ash as the 'strongest' if it took all this just for him to have a chance.

And yet, those last moments...from the incredible shot composition to the way everything looked, the intensity of every movement and the visual impact of every move, and then Pikachu finally closing it out with a Volt Tackle (can't convince me otherwise, sorry) that sent Charizard sprawling as if it was dead...honestly, this single clash is probably one of the best-looking pieces of animation in the anime. The final bit with all of Ash's Pokémon showing up even got me a bit emotionally invested! (though admittedly, the sequence with the Pokémon loses some of its emotional impact the second time)

If Ash vs Leon was just this final clash, I'd rate it the best battle in the entire anime.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I mean the fact it took Ash at his full power to be crowned the strongest does make him well ....the strongest
Glad the anime gives credit to Ash for journeying every region and gathering every power up and lesson
Leon said he wasn't gonna hold back, Ash didn't hold back either. Gimmicks are irrelevant when Leon chose to become his strongest version without using them, opting to do it without them (plus he literally can't have a mega considering his team)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
plus he literally can't have a mega considering his team
(I mean they could've set his team so he could use a mega)
Plus it would've really helped the "older Ash" thing they were having there if they had it so Leon had also gone around the world and reflected that through gimmicks as well.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Plus it would've really helped the "older Ash" thing they were having there if they had it so Leon had also gone around the world and reflected that through gimmicks as well.
Galar mons got less representation as it is I would HATE to see another mon get robbed for a random past mon just for the sake of a mega. Leon's mons were stronger than megas anyway
Cinderace and Inteleon may have been a repeat but we never got to see them battle the way we finally managed to see with this battle, I'm glad we got the team we got
I honestly think having the catalyst for Leon's defeat being based on Ash having the advantage of travelling the world is much more poignant
Ep100 of JN did a great job of setting up the Older Ash dynamic anyway, we don't need everything to be the same to hit the point harder
Plus, Z moves should remain exclusive to Ash until he becomes world champion and as Alola's champion makes everyone else wanna go check out Alola's culture, especially with the Z move display he showed

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Galar mons got less representation as it is I would HATE to see another mon get robbed for a random past mon just for the sake of a mega. Leon's mons were stronger than megas anyway
Cinderace and Inteleon may have been a repeat but we never got to see them battle the way we finally managed to see with this battle, I'm glad we got the team we got
I honestly think having the catalyst for Leon's defeat being based on Ash having the advantage of travelling the world is much more poignant
Ep100 of JN did a great job of setting up the Older Ash dynamic anyway, we don't need everything to be the same to hit the point harder
Plus, Z moves should remain exclusive to Ash until he becomes world champion and as Alola's champion makes everyone else wanna go check out Alola's culture, especially with the Z move display he showed
I guess kinda fair with the galar representation, though wasn't as big of a fan of Leon using 3 starters, and with Cinderace's defeat and Ash never really finding a way around Libero I guess might as well have had something else.

As for both "Ash winning because he traveled the world" and "Ash should display z moves to the world" tbh I'd be fine with it if it had been more of an actual plot point rather than basically writing the story for them, with the former having never come up at all and the latter only somewhat being implied in the Alola episode but not really being made a point either.

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
It's a cute interpretation to try to add some more "meaning" but there's absolutely nothing at all in the show itself that supports that interpretation. That because he traveled more than others was a main factor, or that he gained more than everyone else since he experienced all there is to offer by the Pokemon world or something like that.
The fact that he's got access to all gimmicks is barely ever brought up by either Ash or other people and the few times it happens is more like "oh you can that gimmick cool beans" and that was it.
Honestly, the Dracovish thing did and mattered a lot more in the battle than the gimmicks.

Besides, if we go along with that interpretation, am I supposed that all these people who are Champions just sat on their asses never left their regions once in their life? That they love Pokemon less than Ash because they traveless less than him and that's why they lost? That's silly.
Hell, its even worse if you think of it like that because it means that Ash needed "Eight Regions of Experience" to defeat people who only had "One Region of Experience".
If nothing else, being well traveled sure as hell didn't help him much for the duration of six regions.

Ryker101

Honestly Mega Gallade would’ve suit him nicely, replacing Inteleon/Cinderace. Then give z move to Rillaboom

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
"Seeing the stuff play out isn't enough, I NEED it to also be stated outright as well even if it's plain obvious, grrrrr"
Honestly Mega Gallade would’ve suit him nicely, replacing Inteleon/Cinderace. Then give z move to Rillaboom
If you have to give a Mega (which I'm still against), I think Mega Blaziken suits Leon's style the best. There's just something about it