• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals IV: Partner (1221)

Spyro39

My ONLY complaint is that it’s not the original Jason Paige version of theme but consider how lousy the dub usually is with its music composition I’ll take it, this still kicks ass.
I knew they weren't going to use Jason Paige's version, but I was going to accept them to use the M20 version.

Any generic action theme instead of the OG insert theme song (remixed or not) would've ruined this finale.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Well I don’t think I’ve welled up since Memories are Made of Bliss……but that montage and then the original theme (newer version lessened the impact though) got me feeling teary.

And with that, the final episode of my anime time has ended with Ash. I was debating watching the last 12, but I don’t think I can stick listening to Mays voice coming out of Misty’s mouth. I think it would ruin it for me.

What else is there to say except repeating the final words that Dawn makes in the dub anime and that is “Great Ash, you did it!”

Farewell anime section!

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Although insert songs are one of my least favorite anime clichés (in this case because as soon as the opening started up, I, and probably everyone else watching, knew Ash would win the match), I must admit the opening was a welcome music choice here. Both of them. And yes, I would've been highly disappointed if Pokémon Theme didn't appear in the dub of this episode.

If you ask me, though, the true highlight of this 4-parter was Sarah Natochenny and Alejandro Saab as Ash and Leon. They took this so incredibly seriously and gave this match the vigor it deserved. Kudos to them both!

And so, Ash has become the best like no one ever was. Fantastic job!

Trey pokes

Unless we get a Metapod VS Metapod part 2 match, I'm not sure how this can be topped to be honest. Magikarp VS Magikarp, anyone?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
It's Alejandro Saab.

Journeys is basically Trials of Mana; a work full of atrocious VAs with a few ones carrying things a bit (he was one of the main six playable characters). Shame Goh has Zeno Robinson, though. Zeno is amazing, but Goh is just ehh.

Also, Yuri supremacy.

2f7a87058673f40f66c8e1c48f15adfa.jpg
Yuri sucks

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Besides since we are also talking about Jason Paige here, he did a wonderful tribute to Ash as well for the ending:
Feels fitting to post here as in a way, THIS was the actual Ash finale.
Omg this was amazing <3!!!! Made me tear up lol.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
One more dub commentary
  • Obligatory comment about filling in every second with music especially when not needed. Particularly bad at moments when there was nothing there in the OG
    • Cinderace going down
    • The Pikachu deep breathing part was particularly bad with this
    • Charizard going down
  • I actually don't mind most of the dub music here. There was also no xylophones here. Coincidence?????
    • I kinda liked the music in the Charizard/Pikachu clash before the Gym Battle/JP OST comes in
  • The VA performance for Leon this episode was consistently good, and I didn't actually like his performances in the earlier parts of the battle. Ash's VA was pretty good except for parts where she goes too high.
  • They successfully did their one job with Gotta Catch Em All
    • Nitpicking here, but I feel like the audio balance was a bit off? The song kinda overpowered the SFX of the moves, but I don't actually remember if this was a problem in the original or not. So it stays a nitpick.
  • This country bar music during the post-battle conversation between Ash and Leon is not it
First dub episode in a very very long time that I didn't hate. Solid performances, and the music wasn't as bad as normal.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Gods Sarah is SO GOOD as Ash
Sorry for the old nostalgic Veronica fans, but Sarah is so so so much better man
Her VA this episode was off the charts
really liked her voice in BF and DP it felt like ash was older