• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals IV: Partner (1221)

ESPN next

Fire_Phoenix

IM ****ING CRYING BROOOOOOOOOO
This episode was amazing, like legit, it was amazing
The animation went above and beyond, more than I ever expected
And to see Ash's mons appear like that? That moment got me, that moment actually got me
What an incredible finale to an incredible battle
Leon losing to Sonia is A+++++

I do have a few criticisms though:
- G max Cinderace vs G max Pikachu should have been longer, heck wasnt this episode shorter than usual?
- The victory celebration afterwards didnt feel as grand as it should have been, to be very honest
- Where was Primeape?

Aside from those two things though, holy **** does this episode blow everything else out of the water!!!
I am going back to rewatch it rn
Primeape was there, besides Mr. Mime and Kingler

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Man, why do I have tears of joy from this.

Peluched49

WTF was up with cinderace. Jesus christ, makes whole eternatus stuff dumb. I like the small moment but for everything cinderace was build up to be, that was anticlimatic, it at least needed to last 3 moves each. Anyways charizard vs pikachu was a 10 out of 10, it was a well done sakuga fest. Better than the xy stuff. This is my third favorite battle now. Could have been 2nd hadnt it had the dumb cinderace moment. I prefer last weeks episode too.

raisus_77

Anyone else found it weird how...casual the conclusion was?

No feeling of shock or surprise on Ash's face after he won, cutting back to Pikachu in Pokemon Center and telling the conclusion of the battle as a flashback, and then just ending it with Ash sleeping in bed? I guess I kinda expected something more celebratory.

I'll write a proper commentary once the subs are out.
Ash was more surprised and shocked when he defeated Cynthia than here lol

Celebitwo

Celebi Clone
The guy acts nice to everyone, was supportive of Satoshi and even mentored him and you are calling him arrogant? I've never seen him act arrogant besides perhaps now by giving Satoshi all the gimmicks.
I don't think that was arrogant, more a continuation of what he said to Ash after fighting Eternatus when he acknowledged Eternatus was stronger than him and Charizard. He felt he'd hit his limit and didn't know if he could get stronger. To do that, you need to push yourself with new challenges where you run the risk of losing - like facing Dynamax, Mega Evolution & Z-Move all at once.

Last edited:

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Wow even Larvitar was there! I noticed now while rewatching that clip! :)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
That was something else. Pretty great finish. This is how you end a match between Champions. I think Eternatus, a Pokémon commonly associated with the concept of infinity, being released willingly to go into the skies is meant to convey that the sky’s the limit and that there are endless possibilities. Whether that’s a sign for Ash to be seen going forward has yet to be seen though. Outside of that, I do wish the GMax battle was a little longer but I did like how they made Cinderace try to stop the electricity from GMax Volt Crash.

Charizard vs Pikachu was great. I’m not one to care too much about animation but I loved when the flames and electricity went crazy. The passion from them and their trainers was nice. Charizard really gave off final boss energy.

Easily the best part of this episode were the cameos. It’s sad they weren’t in the stands together but seeing them reference past episodes with May/Serena and Brock/Cilan watching together was neat. And in general nice to see Misty, May, Max, and Cilan for the first time.

But when they had Pikachu at near exhaustion with needing the support of all of his past teammates to get him back up? Even including Pidgeot, Butterfree, Primeape, Lapras, Larvitar, Ambipom, Nebby, and Naganadel? Man even as someone who’s been critical for the past 3 years I couldn’t help but shed some tears. Just so many memories represented in that sequence. He’s always been the defacto team leader and they were his strength. They all helped him get to where he is now in some way. Was expecting Mama Kangaskhan to appear but I’m fine without it.

Just purely happy right now. Through tons of ups and downs, Journeys finally delivered. So proud of Ash & Pikachu. I wouldn’t mind seeing them going forward but this could be the end for them and I’d be mostly satisfied. 11/10

Alolan Glaceon

Glaceon master
I cooled down a bit after the episode, but I still feel the emotion, I had a similar one during the Kukui vs Ash fight. I remember then that I was very happy with Ash's win that he deserved after he was humiliated in Sinnoh or defeated in Kalos. I am glad that they showed all of Ash's companions who meant so much to him in the past and thanks to them he is what he is. You may not like Alola, you may not like Kalos and Serena and also Iris, but no one will take away from what he has learned in each region over the years of fighting and more defeats. I am glad that May and Max were finally shown, as well as her Glaceon, honestly I missed it and now two Eevee evolutions and two beautiful girls cheering together it was really cute and Misty, Iris or Friends of Alola and his other family are it was really strong. The power of the bond between Pikachu and those he became friends with over the years was strong and touched me a lot. Ash deserved this cup, but it is a pity that not everyone was shown in one stadium, it would be a siege, unless they will later celebrate Ash's victory. I've been watching Pokémon for over 20 years, I remember that they were always present in my life, now less than before, but they have always been, I'm also glad that he won, he deserved it, if he leaves then this is the perfect moment for that, no I will cry for Ash, let me just say thank you for all these years of amazing adventures.