• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals IV: Partner (1221)

Dragneelo

Anipoke Hiveleader
The OGs we all grew up with. Incredible how emotions are still fresh despite decades washed away our last encounters.

NS49xTH.jpg
How to post pics

Peluched49

Just analyzing everything. Eternatus should have been completely scrapped, have pikachu beat cinderace last episode and start the great battle that was pikachu vs charizard. The way it is cinderace vs pikachu feels like a small blemish in the middle of a great fight. Leons charizard was truly a final boss pokemon on the veins of electivire, blastoise, and Alains charizard. Everyone of leons pokemon feel like champion level pokemon, each had about 10 or 11 minutes dedicated to them in a battle, with cinderace being the only exception which is just weird considering how it was portrayed in last few episodes. Journeys always manages to do dumb stuff just like how it did with dynamax togekiss. At the very least g max cinderace was more entertaining and didnt drag.

RetroPokeFan

Well, I've finally watched it.

And hot freaking damn, he's done it. He and Pikachu's finally done it. He's beaten Leon and become a world champion.

Hot damn.

I... I just don't know what to say.

Well other than the fact that this was a fantastic episode and might just be not just my favourite Journeys episode and battle surpassing Volkner, but one of my favourites in the entire series period. This really makes up for all the recaps we got earlier.

Pikachu was an absolute ace, a true partner to the end.

Oh and the cameos! The cameos. Just seeing all of Ash's partners and Pokémon rooting for me just made me so happy and that scene with them all cheering for Pikachu had me on the real emotional side.

Celebitwo

Celebi Clone
Worst of all time.Trench of the medium.Denunciation of media.Dirt standard of storytelling.Bottom of creativity.Bedrock of invention.Underbelly of imagination.Nadir of innovation. Worst of the worst.Failure among failures.Abyss fiction

Another name for it is. Ash vs Leon
You're just fishing for attention, aren't you?

charchar56

LFGGG!!!!
All those negative Nancy's convinced Ash would lose can sit this one out because there's no raining on this parade lol that was epic AF!

Hype train for best partner and seeing the whole team back him up!! wow!

Peluched49

Animation was top notch throughout the entire episode and best I've seen in the series. It wasn't movie quality but close and you could tell the poured everything they had into this episode.

Cinderace vs Pikachu dragged the episode down a bit and I wish they gave less time to the earlier fights to more time to this fight. Libero felt like a wasted opportunity to have Ash exploit it with one of his crazy ideas and having a quick G-Max battle between the two was clearly rushed. Could've used less Mr. Rime and Dragapult to squeeze more time into this one.

Pikachu and Charizard fight made up for it though. First time in the entire series they made Pikachu feel powerful and an actual ace for Ash's team. Only thing I could think of at the end is where has this Pikachu been all these years? They also made Charizard feel extremely powerful as well so they did a great job of making the battle feel like an epic clash between two of the top trainers in the world.

I do wish they gave Ash a bigger victory lap and would've like to seen more reactions of his winning than just a quick trophy at the end. He pulled off one of the biggest upsets ever and became world champion but it didn't feel much different than his other wins.
Absolutely, couldnt agree more about cinderace and ashs victory. Minus the dragapult and mr, rime, i liked those sections myself, in terms of strategy they were really good battles. The eternatus stuff in the other hand should have been completely scrapped.

Krackochu

Pretty tight episode. Main problem was cinderace getting one shotted and gmax only lasting for one turn.

Everything else was more than I could ask for they even brought Alexa back.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Watching this one with the replica/bootleg of XY Ash's hat. Might keep using it for the entire day

Part 4: Worst Champion Leon is beaten by the SUPERIOR character

- Previously on Pokémon;

- Magnolia: "It's all fine, Sonia". Then we see the lab with alarms beeping and the staff frantically checking the PCs. It's almost an anime version of "it's fine" meme;

- CGi for Eternatus improved. Did OLM used the Shinkalion Z or the Megaton Musashi staff for this?;

- And now they figure out Eternatus is a good kid who wants to protect Galar?;

- I love TR links Eternatus' role as Galar protector with their motto;

- So both Ash and Leon get a refresh on the Dynamax;

- Hilarious Leon simply calls Charizard back and goes for G-Max Cinderace. They really shouldn't have done this attempt to subvert expectations...;

- Also, Goh's been robbed from debutting G-Max Cinderace. Danm it, staff;

- I love Ash gets to G-Max Pikachu by simply... Throwing him. How did he knew it'd work? And what if it didn't work? Pikachu would make an exception and accept returning to his pokéball?;

- I love how Ohtani's done G-Max Pika's cry;

- Dawn's got a line!;

- G-Max Cinderace tries to repel the G-Max move with that Liu Kang move;

- Pikachu One shoted the bunny. Darn, saving Cinderace for later is even more iditioc and just a cheap plot device to create tension in retrospect;

- Wait... Pikachu's G-Max ran out already? What was even the point?;

- Well, anyway everything is coming down to KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO right now. As in Pikachu vs Charizard;

- Companions cameo;

- Brock and Cilan are watching together... With Alexa (that was random). So... both find out they have a friend in common off-screen lol;

- HOLY GOD, IT'S MAY! WITH MAX! AND SERENA TOO???;

- Guess Serena and May met off-screen as well. Really happy seeing Max too;

- Darn, animation's GOOD. Guess that's where the budget saved with all those recaps were for;

- AND NOW Morpeko's get full. What a weird scene but I guess its to break the tension a bit;

- Darn, Ash and Pikachu almost fell for the same trick Alain did. Guess Ash was paying attention;

- Look how the mouse took Dragon Pulse and shook it off. Ladies and gentleman, that's the Pikachu who's beaten Regice, Latios, Tapu Koko and a lot of pseudo-legendaries!;

- So... Is it me or does Kid!Leon's hat ressembles Ethan's/GS MC's?;

- It's almost like Pikachu was summoning an electric terrain;

- Man, that exchange was good. This thing's stacked with good animation. Almost makes up for the bad animation on previous episodes. Almost;

- Pikachu took that Fire Blast! Things are escalating even more;

- Man, just hear Ohtani's doing a breathing sound on Pikachu's voice. That woman is a genius. Most of the secret for Pika's popularity is Ohtani being so good at her job;

- Watch the dub ruin it with misplaced BGM and bad sound quality;

- Serena and May holding hands pratically praying for Pikachu's success;

- Darn, I really want to see Serena meeting May and Max. I know Kaori is unavaliable duo her health but I'll even accept one of the after story snippets showing it. A manga wouldn't be a bad idea too;

- All companions. Even Goh;

- It's still so weird Delia isn't physically there. They really dropped the ball with this bit;

- Pikachu faints!;

- Darn, Ash's kanto starters on a sort of illusion?;

- MY DEAR GOD, PIDGEOT AND BUTTERFREE. THEY REMEMBERED THEM.

JESUS, THIS IS SO DARN GOOD I'M ALMOST ON TEARS. Like literally;

- Darn, they are showing off Ash's first team. Heck, now I believe the show as we know is reaching its end.

- Butterfree. And Pidgeot. That made my day;

- Man, Lapras too!;

- Wow, all the teams Ash's had. It's basically an updated version of the Spurt opening!;

- Ash's Quilava looks different... But kind of cool?;

- Man, Totodile really should've evolved;

- LARVITAR IS HERE TOO. God, can it get any bet...

AMPIBOM!??????

How? Why? Who cares?

Darn, despite being trade then released, they remembered her too. Darn it.

This keeps getting better;

- Seeing the Kalos Squad made me even more pissed off Ash didn't get Chespin;

- Wow, Nebby's with Alola team too;

- Man, Alola's team with Nebby felt like... A way better team than the Journeys squad will ever be? No joke, looks how op that is;

- ... Ground weakness aside, at least!;

- Holy smoke. Ash's bond with her previous teammate and his undying love for Ash made him pratically revive by himself. It's almost like the games' affection thing where the pokémon toughes out for the sake of their trainer;

- Mezase Pokémon Master playing. Time for Ash to do a GLORIOUS, TRIUMPHANT COMEBACK. The win is coming and we all live to see it!;

- Man, that almost looked Pikachu used the B-Thunderbolt from Masters. Maybe it was?;

- That fake out where they make us thing Ash possibly lost was kind of funny;

- Charizard's down. That should have hurt. 25 years of league losses, "resets", inconsistent characterizations, bad gags and dissapointments really carry a punch, don't they?;

- Given Ash had to remember him of the last clash... Pikachu was standing pratically on his own sheer will. He toughed it for Ash's sake. The one friend who's always supported, took care and helped it over the years. The friend who's showed him the world. And who let him live free even better than he could on his own!;

- Butterfree, Pidgeot, Larvitar, Ambipom and Nebby made me so happy, I'm not even mad with the flashback-flashforward thingie;

- Sonia used to have a Rookidee? And Leon was beaten by it? lol;

- Darn, Ash is being crowned World Champion. It feels so unreal I've lived enough to see and experience it. Thank you, God!;

- Look at that trophy. Delia's gonna get ripped;

- That last shot with Ash and the trophy... Man, so much feelings. And I can't take a danm smile off my face;

- And we end with a cliffhanger: Ash got a call from Goh, which I assume is about Project Mew.

Darn, that episode was really, really good. And they really dropped the nostalgia full force. All companions but also all of Ash's pokémon too, even the unofficial ones.

I used to think, and be fine with, the idea of Ash always losing leagues and not being nearly champions's level. I've dealt with the idea his journey would outlive me. To see him coming in the top like that and after 20+ years ever since I've watched for the first time feels so... Impossible? But it's also so darn good.

Granted, this battle arc had a lot of questionable decisions and convenient events but, after seeing how Pikachu's final battle played... It all feels so... Secundary?

Congratulations, Ash. You deserve it!

Next: Project Mew arc starts!

BlobbiBoi

I'm honestly very satisfied with the outcome as a whole, too.

It still came down to the wire, and Ash had to burn through four gimmicks to wear Leon down. Pikachu nearly went out. Leon felt like what the anime had hyped him up to be for three years - a Champion who's only focus had been on training, something Pokemon has never had before.

Ash got a well-deserved win and Leon felt like probably the hardest battle he's has ever fought.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I went into this fight with one hope: "Please be good."

And... This episode did just about everything right. I mean sure, I can nitpick that the Kyodaimax rematch was almost entirely irrelevant or how the music they played in the Pokémon Center scene is like the most nothing piece of music this show has ever had, but none of that matters in light of how genuinely incredible Pikachu VS Lizardon was on pretty much every level. I did not think a Sun & Moon 144 tier spectacle was possible in this show, but they actually did it.

diesglamouris

I always thought Satoshi would win, but I still don't believe it. That scene in the Pokémon Center after that clash of attacks was so wtf? for me, and the rest of the episode I was expecting that would be a crazy joke of the writers. That turned down my excitement, and what a pity because that Charizard VS Pikachu is one of the best battles in JN overall, and the Pikachu almost fainting sequence, followed by Mezase Pokémon Master, is one of the most emotional moments I watched in this anime.

Putting aside that, I'm very glad I was there to see this moment live. Satoshi is definitely M1, Pikachu showed one more time why he is the ace, and all his friends and Pokémon were cheering them.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
The amount of food Morpeko ate until it changed its form sure is big.
i'm not sure why Brock and Cilan were shown together because in the Rocket radio show episode brock was shown to listen to their show alone.
Super Saiyan Pikachu was cool, he also became Ash-Pikachu for a moment there.
by the end of episode Tracy went to reset the universe in a different anime.
good to see all of ash's previous companions and Pokemon(even the released ones)in one episode which is Ash's greatest victory so far.