• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals IV: Partner (1221)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Funny I got recommended the final SwSh trailer on YouTube and it just so happened to be exactly 3 years ago from today. It's where we got our first look at Mr. Rime funnily enough. Really starting to set in that Gen 8 is over in a week.
Damn really? Didn‘t know that, thanks!
It does work with Dynamax. That's part of what made GMax Cinderace so busted because it gets STAB on Max Knuckle/Airstream in addition to their respective stat boosts. Not sure why he said otherwise.

DayQuil95

Is no one gonna talk about how amazing Leon was here? His voice actor was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING here, and his facial expressions after Ash's speech on his friendship with Pikachu was just perfect, he felt hyped as hell for what was coming next. Couldn't expect less from Jotaro's VA. And Charizard's expressions were so cool! That smug smile when he got Pikachu in Dragon Pulse, he was just as hyped as Leon and I loved it!

Sceptilee

The moment that I saw Charizard get withdrawn and Cinderace came out. I started celebrating prematurely. Lol.
I know! And I don't care how that thing went down, it was the biggest obstacle to Ash winning and I just wanted it out lol

MAX STANS (me) WON!!!!
Also this battle is top 3 all time might be the best beating out Ash vs Paul
Also Pikachu avenged Greninja! Leon's Base Charizard had beaten Alain's Mega ZardX, well Pikachu beat both Gmax Charizard and Cinderace! And the best part is that Lucario wasn't the one to do so haha!
I know I'm usually very sarcastic here, but this was just magical, with all seriousness, it felt like one of the greatest things I have ever seen in media, because even though Pokemon isn't the best written franchise it's still the one that I have been following for the longest, and the anime has been with me ever since I was a child laughing at Ash goofing up and celebrating his victories, so I can't express with words just how much this means to me and other fans who have been doing the same, it's crazy to finally be able to say with all seriousness that Ash Ketchum is the strongest trainer in the world, this battle for me just takes the cake, and as much as I love Ash vs Paul, the emotional weight and strategies here far outweigh it for me.
I know, it feels so surreal! Because it's been almost 25 years building up to this moment. Yes, the Alola League was a huge milestone but it really pales in comparison to what Ash has achieved here. All those Champions that looked untouchable once upon a time have finally fallen to Ash!

BobbbidyBob

I expected more from Cinderace but aside from that, this battle was EVERYTHING! I screamed, clapped and almost fainted from the hype and emotion

charchar56

Ash and PEAKachu....they understood the assignment and did the damn thing!!!

Someone asked if I'd be satisfied with this ending earlier in the week and guess what? HYFR we're eating good today!!

Just need the last episode of JN to be a huge party with all his pokemon and companions to close things out!

Is no one gonna talk about how amazing Leon was here? His voice actor was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING here, and his facial expressions after Ash's speech on his friendship with Pikachu was just perfect, he felt hyped as hell for what was coming next. Couldn't expect less from Jotaro's VA.
Eh

He is currently being destroyed by the Latin fandom, they are making fun of him

People says " GUIONEL has been destroyed"

Guion : something like plot armor
Lionel : Leon

Hu Tao

Serebii Lurker for at least half a decade
Just finished the episode, not sure if I was ever expecting the Ash vs. Leon finale to be anything but great, at the very least. The preview was stunning but it was definitely justified to be pessimistic about the ending because the ending for Ash battles are super inconsistent and tend to be underwhelming. Glad that I was not disappointed for being mostly optimistic because this ep was amazing, and I was holding back tears when Pikachu started to get tired.

Posted this here while I was still watching the ep, yea Pikachu vs. Cinderace was just not great, only mid part of the episode. We got a G-Max debut and that was about it for the battle. Cinderace got one-shot (again, little to no prior damage taken against Dracovish). The good thing is that it didn't take up major screentime that took away from aces fighting time like the Dynamax Togekiss. I assume that the soccer/football (America lmao) bunny was kept at full health to make it more uncertain that Ash could win, but idk. If it weren't for that, I don't see any reason for Dracovish to at least have landed a Fishious Rend or something in.

So yeah, Pikachu vs. Charizard was amazing. I'd have to rewatch it in HD to really appreciate the animation and subs, and it would probably be even better for me after a rewatch. Pikachu seeing the Ash pokemon was insane though. I was confused at first but then I realized that the Squirtle was wearing sunglasses... when I saw Greninja, Goodra, Solgaleo, and Naganadel, I had to rewatch the scene a couple times to see some of the other mons I missed (I didn't pick up on some at first cuz I only watched DP onwards). Stuff like Butterfree, Primeape, and Larvitar made it in there. I won't pretend I know exactly what these mons meant to Ash and to fans who stuck around longer than I, but still cool nonetheless. OG Pokemon opening made it in there too, thought it would be Type Wild again because the first opening music was already played in Ash vs. Steven, but it's a banger either way. Words cannot describe how satisfied I was with the ending.

So yeah, Ash vs. Leon is officially a top 3 full battle in the series. I haven't watched every single battle in the anime so I am not sure if I want to say top 3 battles overall, and some of the non full battles like Ash vs. Clemont slapped hard too. Also I feel ike its purpose as an ending to an arc or something like Ash vs. Paul isn't as good, a greater problem of Journeys tho tbh. Probably lots of details i missed out on too cuz I'm super tired rn.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer

SatoSereFan224888

Also it was nice to see May and Max since it’s been ages since we last saw however I was surprised those two weren’t watching at their home with their parents. Also honestly I think Lisia coerced May to come watch with her and Serena because I feel May retired from contests but that upset Lisia so this is her revenge for May quitting contests but that’s wishful thinking on my part.