• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals IV: Partner (1221)

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I'm more interested in seeing all ash's pokemon over him winning

Didn't expect to see all the pokemon he's released. Nice to see Butterfree and Pidgeot and Primeape again.

and apperently Serena is competing against May in a Contest

Sham

The Guardian of War
  • This confirmed my worst nightmares, Contests seem to indeed be retconned.
  • May looks absolutely beautiful in this art style
  • So does Iris and Cilan just no longer know each other?
  • I'm glad they finally allowed his other friends to acknowledge they actually all know Ash
  • Wasn't a huge fan of Cinderace somewhat just being one shotted honestly and it kinda made me question what was the point of him Dynamaxing again
  • The last scene of the reserves cherring him on was bittersweet. It was a nice call back but once again reminds you of the circumstances right now.
  • The music choices here were so good
  • The battle was actually pretty clean, my favorite being the the Iron Tail and Air Slash clashes
  • The final shots of the companions watching in suspense was cool
  • Chloe being there out of all of his friends is still very interesting. Even more so now that he won.
Soooo is he leaving or

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Why do you say "Undeserved"? Is this because of Pikachu's victory over Cinderace? Ash vs Leon overall felt relatively fair with both sides getting a fair amount of hits and action before going down.

Nah, it's the entire "world championships" storyline as a whole. Satoshi has no business being anywhere near this tournament, the entire thing is just the culmination of PM2019's annoying habit of substituting compelling narratives and characters with cheap cameos and/or "just have Satoshi win everything all the time, including against characters the existing narrative made it clear he's nowhere near the level of".

AJ97

Nah, it's the entire "world championships" storyline as a whole. Satoshi has no business being anywhere near this tournament, the entire thing is just the culmination of PM2019's annoying habit of substituting compelling narratives and characters with cheap cameos and/or "just have Satoshi win everything all the time, including against characters the existing narrative made it clear he's nowhere near the level of".
I guess it makes sense from a progression Standpoint. They kept writing series after series ending with Ash losing the Regional League and still being vastly inferior to Elite Four members & Regional Champions of the respective region.

Would've made more sense to have Ash compete in a Champions League before; to watch him, battle trainers of such caliber, before the PWC.

Or another alternative would've been to have Ash face more Elite four members in the Ultra Class that contribute toward his progression to the top.

BlueDragonfangirl

Holy freakin crap, he actually won. I‘m so happy.

I was trying to see all the cameos, was Gary at least watching on stream like the Sun and Moon cast did?

I’m glad all of his friends we‘re shown, that makes me happy. I hope he’s still in the series :(

AJ97

Holy freakin crap, he actually won. I‘m so happy.

I was trying to see all the cameos, was Gary at least watching on stream like the Sun and Moon cast did?

I’m glad all of his friends we‘re shown, that makes me happy. I hope he’s still in the series :(
I don't think the Project Mew team had an opportunity to watch the match.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
There is also a nice touch right before Pikachu's last move. The characters who appeared have either all accomplished goals and/or overcame fears to conclude their arc.

Here are the OGs: Misty and Brock who were always pictured as fearing Gyarados and be a Doctor, having now achieved dreams to watch Ash claim his.

WCJLgeo.jpg

bapRIA0.jpg

AJ97

There is also a nice touch right before Pikachu's last move. The characters who appeared have either all accomplished goals and/or overcame fears to conclude their arc.

Here are the OGs: Misty and Brock who were always pictured as fearing Gyarados and be a Doctor, having now achieved dreams to watch Ash claim his.

WCJLgeo.jpg

bapRIA0.jpg
Misty's dreams is a little more than just getting over Gyarados xD...
She wants to be the strongest Water Pokemon Trainer. So probably something like potentially being an Elite four member?

Sham

The Guardian of War
So, now that it's been discussed how un arbitrary all of this in a way, a shinning light on this situation is that there is a good chance he could be leaving and there is the whole title defense aspect of the PWC. Sure they could find other things to do with him in a forced way but it's now or never. The only way they can make up for all of this or provide a compensate for whoever was turned off from the PWC execution.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
FhRmjhXXgAEIiAM.jpg

Misty in her FRLG getup, or something close to it? No cameos up to now without a real seiyuu reason we're aware of to prevent it? Not being paired up with any previous character, including Brock who just gets to combo with Cilan and Alexa on a whim?

unknown.png

Can I have hopium.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Dephender woke up and decided to be savage today.
I mean he's right?

Ash's winning streak and him suddenly being capable to defeat champions with Pokemon born a couple months ago who can also defeat/be on par with champion tier Pokemon just like that?

Journeys felt like bad fanfiction for a reason. It's ridicilious for him who is, based on what the story told us, still ten to improve so much over the span of a couple months to suddenly become world champion.

Either its shitty writing or Kukui mixed something into his coconut-pineapple juice last season.

Last edited: