• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals IV: Partner (1221)

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I will write a review here later on, after I rewatch the episode cuz once was not enough to process all the beautiful and amazing animation, battle and scenes. Kinda wish N had appeared too but I still can't believe we got all companions in one episode.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
One of the things I like the most now is the fact that the main Pokemon game theme is ever present in the anime.
I don't watch as often anymore outside of significant episodes.

But hearing the theme gets you going. Idk when they've started doing it again. I think they used to do it in the OS?
Obviously the games are more present in my life than the anime is, but hearing it really sets the tone.

Last edited:
I mean, I've been saying and implying this all the time. That's why he doesn't really deserve all these victories. He's been on a winning streak since the tie with Bea.
He's been on a winning streak since his non-Pikachu pokemon are fully evolved. The reason he suffer some losses in JN is because he use baby pokemon or pokemon who had not finished their training. Had Ash use his championship winning team from Alola, he would have steamrolled Bea, Rinto, etc easily.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Cyclone

^ where it all began
This has to be the first time we've ever seen Ash's Pidgeot since Pallet Party Panic, and the first time we've seen his Butterfree since that flashback in the episode where Jessie releases her Dustox (I think I'm thinking of the right episode?) Wow that is very epic to see them depicted again. As well as all of Ash's team throughout all of the series via Pikachu's hallucatination. Very cool.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I saw one person saying this was their revenge for the Scarlet & Violet leaks so they're spoiling it for dub viewers
If it wasn't me, I'm surprised someone else had the same idea
It's kinda funny to see how some people try to make this one good episode overshadow what happened over the past three years
Because it overshadows most Ash losses to begin with
And you know, you can enjoy things while agreeing the series has flaws and knowing they could be better

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
My only copium is, when they the dub reaches this, they use Dub OP1 for this symbolic moment.
Not that I watch the dub, but would watch just for this.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
He's been on a winning streak since his non-Pikachu pokemon are fully evolved. The reason he suffer some losses in JN is because he use baby pokemon or pokemon who had not finished their training. Had Ash use his championship winning team from Alola, he would have steamrolled Bea, Rinto, etc easily.
While I agree with the first half of your post, I seriously doubt that his Alola team would’ve stood a chance against Bea. Rowlet is a stage 1 Pokémon, Lycanroc and Melmetal are weak to fighting and the team in general is in a pretty awkward spot when you look at their feats and experience (or lack of).

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
My only copium is, when they the dub reaches this, they use Dub OP1 for this symbolic moment.
Not that I watch the dub, but would watch just for this.
I think the first version would be hard to get the rights, but there are still the XY and M20 versions

Spyro39

- If anyone was going to be star to pull off Ash's greatest victory, it was going to be Pikachu. His partner since the very beginning of their journey.
- Congratulations Ash! After 8 regions, 7 Leagues, and the PWC, you have become the World Champion.
- I did expect in some capacity to see all of Ash's friends watching him; I did not expect to see all of Ash's Pokemon, including Butterfree, Primeape, Lapras, Larvitar, the Kanto Starter trio, etc.
- I also did not expect Mezase Pokémon Master to play during the climax of the battle as well.
- Ash has broken the internet a third time. Only someone with that much impact can do that.
- I guess everyone's going to make a new celebration day for Ash Ketchum (11/11)

Edit:
- Also, as another user here once stated some time ago, a reverse scenario from Ash's Indigo League loss where Ash's Charizard loses to Ritchie's Pikachu. Here, it's Ash's Pikachu defeating Leon's Charizard.

Last edited:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
- If anyone was going to be star to pull off Ash's greatest victory, it was going to be Pikachu. His partner since the very beginning of their journey.
- Congratulations Ash! After 8 regions, 7 Leagues, and the PWC, you have become the World Champion.
- I did expect in some capacity to see all of Ash's friends watching him; I did not expect to see all of Ash's Pokemon, including Butterfree, Primeape, Lapras, Larvitar, the Kanto Starter trio, etc.
- I also did not expect Mezase Pokémon Master to play during the climax of the battle as well.
- Ash has broken the internet a third time. Only someone with that much impact can do that.
- I guessing everyone's going to make a new celebration day for Ash Ketchum (11/11)
For me it will be easy to remember Ash voctory date as we are celebrating Independence Day in Poland on 11/11

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Tie? He beat Paul 2-1 in JN
Oh wait. Yes. I remember now.
Implied by complaining about him winning being somehow undeserved despite being on a winning streak
I didn't even imply that, and I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.

At the very least, I wanted him to lose like 2 or 3 times (not as a losing streak; not when this saga had less episodes to mess around with fillers), but it figures that he lacked a real rival that handed him the Ls during the saga. If he didn't have a rival in Gladion during SM, he would have basically owned Alola.

While I agree with the first half of your post, I seriously doubt that his Alola team would’ve stood a chance against Bea. Rowlet is a stage 1 Pokémon, Lycanroc and Melmetal are weak to fighting and the team in general is in a pretty awkward spot when you look at their feats and experience (or lack of).
Bea wasn't 6 vs 6. Wasn't the first battle just 2 vs 2? Just use Pikachu and Naganadel. Naganadel can fight Grapploct just fine while Pikachu took Hawlucha.

Durrendal

Yeah, money, not respect.
Come on man. She is one of the most respected seiyuus in the industry. Whether you like it or not, Ash is more widespread and impactful than almost any other anime characters in history.

She has touched the lives of multiple generations and brought joy. Don't put her down like that.

It was so obvious that he was gonna win, I don't know how anyone is shocked lol. Anyways, I can't wait to see this series finally come to an end.
Talk about hindsight bias...

On another note though - Twitter as always is to be avoided. Already seen a few tweets of people immediately shipping Serena and May with one another because they were holding hands... I need my eyes bleached please. I can't stand people shipping literal 10 year olds with one another.