• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals IV: Partner (1221)

So had Eternatus not come into this, would Pikachu have lost against Cinderace?
Knowing the writers at this point I feel like they would have probably made Ash use one of his "crazy strategies" to find a way to use Libero against Cinderace or something... I kind of would have preferred that since the way Cinderace went down was kind of anti-climactic to me after how strong it was portrayed in the previous episodes.

But I'll just assume it was because they had to fit everything else in so Cinderace v. Pikachu had to be settled asap.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Talk about hindsight bias...
No hindsight bias needed here.

It was pretty clear he was winning last week when they announced the YouTube live stream event.

No hindsight bias needed here.

It was pretty clear he was winning last week when they announced the YouTube live stream event.
Ahh I was not aware of that announcement. I was mainly looking at discussions on people arguing/not being sure of whether Ash would win or not. With that being said I personally am not sure how a live stream event announcement would make it "pretty clear" that Ash would win. Could have also been interpreted it as it being an event to commemorate the fact that this is finally the moment everyone has been waiting for - the climax to Ash vs Leon considering Journeys from the beginning has made it the fact that Ash's goal this season is to battle Leon.

Could just be me though.

I'm not so sure. At the very least, Leon wouldn't be so stupid as to forego the Ground-type.
That's true but as we also know they seem to make ways for Ash to somehow counter Ground-Types even with Pikachu... So I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled something similar. At this point they've demonstrated that even if it isn't good writing, they'll do it if it meant progressing the ultimate goal of Ash beating Leon...

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
First part of the episode was boring tbh and the episode itself was a bit redundant with the same moves even if they had good quality animation. My highlights were the cameos of the pokegirls, esp Misty, May, and Serena, and then of course butterfree and pidgeot showing up in the vision with all the other pokemon, I legit cried at that part. Oh yah Charizard finally fainted lol.

I am happy Ash won, would have sucked if he lost after getting to use a mega, a zmove, and two dynamaxes lol. I am excited for whats next for Ash but unfortunately we have to watch Goh and his struggles, but at least Gary is in the episode

Torpoleon

Imagine if the english dub has Veronica Taylor take over for that one scene right after Pikachu almost faints (right before the vision of Ash's other Pokemon) and imagine if Mezase Pokemon Master is replaced by the first English opening. At the very least, Veronica Taylor voicing Ash for a brief scene is incredibly unlikely, but would still be an awesome throwback. Not sure if I can see them actually using the first English opening, as much as I want them to. Not sure if they'd stick with Mezase though.

STICKTOPIA

While I agree with the first half of your post, I seriously doubt that his Alola team would’ve stood a chance against Bea. Rowlet is a stage 1 Pokémon, Lycanroc and Melmetal are weak to fighting and the team in general is in a pretty awkward spot when you look at their feats and experience (or lack of).
Incineroar is also weak against fighting types

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Would‘ve been nice to get cameos of the former dream crushers - Ritchie, Harrison, Tyson, Tobias, Cameron and Alain. Though I guess Ritchie/Tyson/Alain already appeared in some capacity in this arc and they probably don‘t want to touch Tobias ever again.
I'll say, I wasn't expecting Alexa, of all people.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
"It's not bad writing to have Spider-man punch out Galactus, it was all those thousands of stories that showed him not being able to do that that were bad writing".

Come on, man. Ignoring a character's entire history and just having them do what you want them to do is not good writing.
Would it be bad writing if Masato shows up next episode and sweeps Satoshi's entire team with his starter, or would that also just be good writing that ignores all the bad writing from earlier series that failed to establish that he should be able to do this by now?

That is a poor example. Max has never been shown to be a competent trainer or even an official trainer. Ash has.

I would have preferred that Ash used more reserves during this series, but Journeys clearly said that elite trainers (like Ash, and he has been elite since Kalos) can build up teams and branch the difference in strength with clever tactics. Heck, you can say that previous seasons were stretching the lines of credibility by having Ash make the league each time with a freshly raised team.

Each series, with the exception of Unova, had Ash grow in strength and tactics. I guess you could say that Ash never consistently destroyed opponents like champion level trainers should do. But Ash is the main character. For the sake of drama, they write narrow fights. It is the same deal with Superman. Unless it is part of the plot, Ash is winning 3-2 while his rivals generally win 3-0. The Sinnoh League was famous for that. Ash struggled with Nando and Conway while Paul swept Barry and others.

They made Iris a Champion when nothing from BW suggested that she was even close to the honor. They gave Brock and Misty Mega Stones when Brock barely interacted with Steelix for years and Misty never had much screen time with Gyarados. Yet, no big outrage was made.

They should have used reserves but people still would have complained. People still cite The Horn and Thunder Armor as why the anime is no good.

Spyro39

Would‘ve been nice to get cameos of the former dream crushers - Ritchie, Harrison, Tyson, Tobias, Cameron and Alain. Though I guess Ritchie/Tyson/Alain already appeared in some capacity in this arc and they probably don‘t want to touch Tobias ever again.
Surprising that we didn't see a cameo of Paul, Trip, or Sawyer either in this battle.

Last edited: