• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals IV: Partner (1221)

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
What an episode, now for my regularly scheduled essay.

Firstly, I suppose we couldn't go three episodes with no physical Go appearances, though I will say, during my first watch through I didn't even notice Todd Snap outside Wyndon after Eternatus dispersed the storm clouds, and the CG effects on Eternatus looked great tbph. It was nice to see all the other companions as well such as May, Max, etc, as well as Brock and Cilan learning that they do have a mutual friend as they were seen watching on together especially after they didn't realise such in the BW special featuring the two.

Onto the battle, an exclusive first look at the post-match interview:
RbeRDGu.png

If anyone wants context behind this, I'll happily provide it, I had that on my mind during part three and thought this would've been relevant after Ash had beaten Cynthia.
Not gonna lie, it was a surprise to see that Leon's Cinderace is capable of Gigantamaxing, though I was disappointed as to how quickly it fell seeing as it had taken like little damage up till that point.
As for the meat and potatoes of the episode, Charizard vs Pikachu, and yes I was reminded of Ash's battle with Ritchie in the Indigo League which was contested by Charizard and Pikachu at the end, and I did spend most of last week wondering Pikachu would make it 2-0. The battle was intense, full of action as we should expect from a final battle and the animation was great, worthy of such a momentous occasion and worth the hype that the four episodes generated. Congrats to Ash for eeking out a W in such miraculous fashion and I am not surprised that the writers would Deus Ex Machina a win on Ash's end when it looked as if Leon had the upper hand still (The plot armour was strong though, so I can understand why some people would think "He only won due to plot armour."). When Pikachu fell to the ground and we had the dream sequence featuring most of the Pokemon Ash had been involved with over the years, prior to that I thought Leon had won it considering the Fire Blast had blocked the Thunderbolt. Seeing Leon toss his hat onto the ground during that final attack was poetic though as he does so upon his defeat in the games.
I did like that we saw how Leon's first battle with Sonia transpired though as Leon reminisced about it during the battle.

Finally, I hope I'm not the only one who wanted to see Diantha and Cynthia fight it out for the coveted bronze medal.

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Honestly no other character really exists in such a way that he does, one that has been doing what he does for so long and thus plenty of people who don’t even watch the show anymore are invested in his progress and get excited when he succeeds, like he’s a real person, it’s honestly kinda fascinating
Oh…I know. It’s still weird to see an anime character be mainstream news for a fictional tournament. But it’s also great to see it happen again.

Just goes to show how important Pokémon is in global pop culture.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
So does this mean that Ash was holding his companions back because why have they all achieved great things after dumping him? Because this episode confirms that’s the “Princess of Hoenn” thing was indeed her.

Cept for dawn at least. Who doesn’t seem to be really doing mich these days.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
IMADA GENKAI TOPPA, SAKEBE HENO HENO KAPPA~

God i miss DBS
I remember the hype for when Ultimate Battle first played, and then the last 2 episodes.........yeah. Heck there was even hype when they finally aired the latin american spanish dub aka the best way to watch DB of that. Though funnily enough I have similar opinions of both that and this fight (as in "a lot of BS was involved to get to this point, but I'd be lying if I said this fight wasn't a really good time, and wow that animation")

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
also, Maenami here making both this and Luffy vs Kaido look amazing, man's great

Morax

King of heroes
They're both incredible. Can't compare them.

Besides we all know Yuki Kaji >>>
I feel like Ono can only voice a certain type of characters (jotaro, sindbad, shizuo, sebastian, erwin etc) while Sugita has a pretty versatile voice ranging from extremely goofy (gintoki) to no-funny-business (katakuri)

Ryker101

Loved a lot of things about this fight, but a few things
- Dracovish was both Ash’s first and last pokemon to get KOd in M8
- Sirfetchd fought both the weapon-based mons
- Once again Ash’s water type beats the Grass starter but loses to the fire one lol
- Like Ash vs Alain, Ash leads with Pikachu, gets the first KO, one of his mons gets a random powerup mid fight (Hawlucha and Dracovish) which helps them get a KO, fights a Charizard in the climax and his ace gets a last-minute powerup
- In Ash vs Cynthia, Pikachu gets KOd halfway through and Lucario beats 2 mons at the end, here it’s the opposite
- Pikachu has now gotten 2 KOs each M8 battle, with 6 total

Last edited: