• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals IV: Partner (1221)

Yce288

Grass type FTW
How can we say she acted like her game version here? The Misty scenes were stills, and she didn’t have any dialog.
In most games Misty wears a swimsuit and the way Misty looked in this episode is similiar to her FRLG artwork:
126px-FireRed_LeafGreen_Misty.png

she also looke like that in episode 18 where all the Kanto gym leaders appeared in a silhouette:
800px-Kanto_Gym_Leaders_anime.png

I’m not really sure how this is a negative? They acted like that because they were stills without the voices, and Mays case is obvious why that is.

I’m pretty sure this dream was from Pikachus point of view, rather than Ashes.
We didnt see May since DP and the first time we see her since then she looks like her ORAS game version with her contest outfit from said games.
we can argue about Pikachu's dream and even if i agree with you, why Pikachu didnt remind Ash of his promise to Pidgeot?
The way I see it, the cap is sort of like Leon's crown as the Monarch. Once Ash won, Leon doesn't wear the cap after the battle as a way of symbolizing him no longer being the Monarch and passing down the title to Ash.

Iris only wears her Champion outfit in battles. She didn't wear it in her debut return episode in JN, heading into the locker room where all the other participants were in JN115, or cheering for Ash in the stadium in JN118, which were all non-battle moments for her.

To bait us into thinking what other friend of Ash was going to join Dawn and Chloe...
Ok, i guess Leon just did the same thing he did after losing to Victor/Gloria in the games.
i forgot about Iris' debut return episode.
if the empty seat was a bait then it is indeed a negative point.
by the way, i'm not gonna read 40+ pages so sorry if someone already said it, but Todd Snap appeared in this episode in the same scene we see Rose and Oleana and the dub messed up again since they didnt air BW side story episodes and Brock and Cilan met each other in the first BW side story episode and in this episode we see them together, but this isnt bad as Ash's 30 Tauros.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
In most games Misty wears a swimsuit and the way Misty looked in this episode is similiar to her FRLG artwork:
126px-FireRed_LeafGreen_Misty.png

she also looke like that in episode 18 where all the Kanto gym leaders appeared in a silhouette
There is a difference between being drawn like her FRLG version and acting like her fame version. The first one is the artwork and how the character looks, the second describes their personality and behavior onscreen.

Yes - Misty is drawn like her FRLG version. But that says nothing about how she is acting.

masdog

So since this episode clearly shows May and Max knows Serena, anyone have an idea of how they met and recognized each other as Ashs past travel companions?
My headcanon is is narrowed down to 1 of 2 possibilities:
1. They didn’t until the match when they both went to watch and started talking about their time with Ash
2. May overheard Serena use one of Ash’s phrases and asked about it.
Ash announced he defeated Wallace while running past Serena, Serena and Lisia are a duo and Wallace is related to Lisia, both May and Ash competed in the Wallace Cup. I’m assuming Lisia would know of Ash since she competed in the Wallace Cup and got pretty far
That’s more convoluted than a game of “6 degrees of Kevin Bacon.”

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
There is a difference between being drawn like her FRLG version and acting like her fame version. The first one is the artwork and how the character looks, the second describes their personality and behavior onscreen.

Yes - Misty is drawn like her FRLG version. But that says nothing about how she is acting.
It was definitely anime Misty, she had her Psyduck with her. Frlg Misty didn't have a Psyduck.

Akashin

My headcanon is is narrowed down to 1 of 2 possibilities:
1. They didn’t until the match when they both went to watch and started talking about their time with Ash
2. May overheard Serena use one of Ash’s phrases and asked about it.

That’s more convoluted than a game of “6 degrees of Kevin Bacon.”
Seeing as Lisia is the one who wants to form a group, wouldn't the simplest explanation be that May does contests, Lisia ended up making the same offer to her she did Serena, and those two met through Lisia? Coincidental as it is, Ash doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with their meeting.

masdog

Seeing as Lisia is the one who wants to form a group, wouldn't the simplest explanation be that May does contests, Lisia ended up making the same offer to her she did Serena, and those two met through Lisia? Coincidental as it is, Ash doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with their meeting.
Yeah. That’s a good one too. I didn’t think of that.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..

KukuiFanatic501

True. But what’s interesting to me too here is that Max coincidentally was here as well.

Max hasn’t traveled with May since the end of BF / Mays DP return, so I’m curious as to why and when May let him tag along with her again, and to meet Serena and Lisia of all people too to watch Ash battle.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Last edited:

Yce288

Grass type FTW

You know, this is Ash's biggest battle so far and Misty watches wearing in a swimsuit which is out of character, she could have watched it wearing her normal outfit, but she didnt, thats what i meant when i said she acts like her game version since Misty wore a swimsuit during her date in GSC and HGSS.
i know she also watched the Metapod showdown wearing a swimuit, but thats kinda was a gag and nothing more.

Fire_Phoenix

You know, this is Ash's biggest battle so far and Misty watches wearing in a swimsuit which is out of character, she could have watched it wearing her normal outfit, but she didnt, thats what i meant when i said she acts like her game version since Misty wore a swimsuit during her date in GSC and HGSS.
i know she also watched the Metapod showdown wearing a swimuit, but thats kinda was a gag and nothing more.
Considering both Haruka and Serena in their IDOL OUTFIT, Takeshi is in his DOCTOR OUTFIT, we can guess that they are in their work hours and Kasumi is the same, so that doesnt mean she is out of character. Its not like everyone are free when the battle happen you know (look at Gou for example)

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I appreciate that a handful of characters are visually clearly following along the same theme as Goh did with this battle, so it prevents making Goh seem like an isolated incident. But in exchange we’ll get to see his goal being followed up on in real time; maybe we’ll get up to speed with Misty later, and since she’s now the only one left who would feasibly not know who Goh or Chloe are, there is setup for it.

But ironically that just makes Dawn here come off as worse for wear. She could have been doing the same kind of thing as the others are and contribute to the message, but she’s just sitting here contributing nothing but someone to talk to Chloe, who earned her spot here by having an identical cameo to the rest in the Steven battle. A rare instance where Less Is More would have served her better than going for the threepeat.

Last edited: