• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals Not for the Faint-Hearted! (933)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I would have released Noivern and kept Ash-greninja and Goodra

Don't release dragon pokemon ever! I rather he just use the inbox for storage.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Well the battle has commenced.

Alain certainly isn't leaving his best Pokémon at home. With a team of Tyranitar, Weavile, Bisharp, Unfezant, Metagross and M-Charizard Ash was always going to have a tough time but he is up 4 -3! I must say that there has been a boring battle and each one of them tells a different story. The ones that immediately stand out are Pikachu vs Metagross and Hawlucha vs Weavile because the strategies were very different to each other.

We are just over half way and I can't wait for the conclusion. Onto the next one!

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
This was by far the best written League Finals battle I have ever seen even though the writers (and Pokemon company) have made one thing crystal clear... Ash won't win a (Major) Pokemon league until the series finale. Having said that Alain is still a badass. Though I was rooting for Ash at the very end there.
Don't release dragon pokemon ever! I rather he just use the inbox for storage.
Or at least keep them at Oaks lab but.... Ep plots.

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
The battle wont be that different than from the last time I watched it during the Japan broadcast. Great battle; one of the biggest and most anticipated ones. I actually got a kick out of watching Pikachu take down to psuedo Pokemon.

Its just a shame everything before this league was poorly paced.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Well, Pikachu has years of experience in his belt, Noivern was only born in the last season, are we really surprise the bat didn't get much of a battle? (Especially as he hasn't really battled that much).
I love that Pikachu still shows it's strength too by taking them out and standing against Charizard even if it was for a little while, showed he is still powerful as ever.

This episode was better then the previous ones, it was more fun to watch (I am not that big of a fan with Alain, especially considering he seemed to take not much effort into getting to the league),
Talonflame VS Uzefant was cool, they were both basically showboating in the beginning (I actually wrote a scene in a story not along ago, between a Talonflame and a Pidgeot basically showing off as they fought against a Trevenant, they both behaved like these two in the beginning, it's just funny to me I happen to see this episode for the first time after that haha,).
Ash definitely did his best, I liked how James was cheering for him, it makes you wonder if he wasn't in TR, if him and Ash would have been best buddies running around taking on Pokemon Leagues, just from the past episodes when James shows a different opinion compared to the other two members.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Talonflame VS Uzefant was cool, they were both basically showboating in the beginning (I actually wrote a scene in a story not along ago, between a Talonflame and a Pidgeot basically showing off as they fought against a Trevenant, they both behaved like these two in the beginning, it's just funny to me I happen to see this episode for the first time after that haha,).

Where are your fics? I'd love to read them

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I liked how Hawlucha performed better this time, getting Weavile knocked out at least. Although the Talonflame vs Unfeazant battle was pretty intense, it felt that the battle was rushed, particularly with Pikachu vs Tyranitar, Noivern vs Weavile and Hawlucha vs Bisharp, so that they could focus of Charizard in the next part. Pikachu vs Metagross was alright though, although it was fairly quick and it didn't feel like it made any sense when Pikachu KO'd it with Iron Tail.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was astounded by some of Alain's choices of Pokemon for this League match, such as his Kirikizan and Manyula, mainly because I expected all of his Pokemon to have Mega Evolutions. Pikachu versus Metagross was a highlight for me.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I didn't think that Alain had more than one Pokemon honestly. I was expecting him to just use Charizard the whole time and that Ash would have to use all six of his Pokemon just to be able to give Mega Charizard X a work out. :p