• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals Not for the Faint-Hearted! (933)

Illusio

No words, only rage
A tie is better and more dignified than being a fall guy. Though I would find it pretty funny and ironic that the three psuedos in the finals went down without any victories

This league hasn't been kind to psuedos considering Tyranitar and Metagross went down without wins, Salamence only tied, Goodra is at best getting two ties and Hydreigon got KO'd in its cameo.

Really, the only one that had a decent showing was Garchomp.

people want a second tie? God Bisharp is overused this gen for me already with this being it's second or third appearance?? I'd expect people to want Goodra to destroy Bisharp... at least I think it should.

The preview shows Charizard getting sent out on Greninja, so Goodra is either losing to Bisharp or tying with it.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
people want a second tie? God Bisharp is overused this gen for me already with this being it's second or third appearance?? I'd expect people to want Goodra to destroy Bisharp... at least I think it should.

People want Goodra to win, we are talking about a draw because it's that or a loss according to the scoreboard, I prefer it draws again than losing.

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
Anyone else here thinks that the aerial battle between Talonflame and Unfezant is a total eye candy? That was so well animated! I think it actually makes more sense as to why Unfezant is in Alain's team instead of some other Unova bird. It was meant for this fast-paced battle.

Anyone else here thinks that the aerial battle between Talonflame and Unfezant is a total eye candy? That was so well animated! I think it actually makes more sense as to why Unfezant is in Alain's team instead of some other Unova bird. It was meant for this fast-paced battle.

Yeah it was my favoutite fight too. I wasn't expecting nothing but wow.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Goodness, Goodra. You used to be powerful but then the whole world moved ahead while you were busy playing with a Wooper.

It's the Gohan of Pokemon. All powerful but slacks off in times of peace. Then he comes back, puts up a good fight but due to slackibg off he's not as powerful as before.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
This league hasn't been kind to psuedos considering Tyranitar and Metagross went down without wins, Salamence only tied, Goodra is at best getting two ties and Hydreigon got KO'd in its cameo.

Really, the only one that had a decent showing was Garchomp.

The preview shows Charizard getting sent out on Greninja, so Goodra is either losing to Bisharp or tying with it.

ah makes sense. it is the better of the two options I'd say also lol.

So pikachu falls next, then goodra/bisharp, and then the other, and then charizard (hopefully)?

Red and Blue

Well even if Goodra does go down, it would at least weaken Bisharp enough for Greninja to deal with it quickly

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I'll genuinely be surprised if Goodra gets the win, but I have a hard feeling that its going to end as a loss or a draw. If it comes to a draw, hopefully the match up isn't as short was Talonflame's was.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
I don't know why people would think the writers would care about something as silly as recognizing a fan made term in the anime...Pseudo legendaries have not once been acknowledged as such in the anime (or the games for that matter), I don't see a problem with Pikachu taking out Tyranitar and Metagross. Especially since it's done the latter before...

Anyway, Hawlucha's battle was the best one so far for me. (I like the battles with deeper meaning). But don't really have much else to say aside from that. Well tomorrow is the fateful day...Win or lose, I'll be fine. Just please, don't let TF interupt the battle. Or make it a draw either...

So how would you guys rate the battle so far? I say 6/10

So far? Yeah, I'll have to agree with 6/10. But it could bump up to an 8. We'll see where it goes.

Cevil

Ohohoho, looking at all these posts speculating over which side could win makes me sad.

RIP Ash's dreams.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Ohohoho, looking at all these posts speculating over which side could win makes me sad.

RIP Ash's dreams.

Who cares about his dream, the only character that should be feeling crushed right now is the Furfrou guy. Dude put all of his faith in Ash.

He looked like a male prostitute too, so he's probably crying his eyes out while standing around in shady street corners, which is bad for business because customers will be weirded out. Ash ruined his dreams and his job, what a terrible person.

Sitar

Overall good beginning of an exciting battle.
Poor Noivern... why?( Did very little and served as a frag
Liked how trainers used water and ice, quite creative. Weavile put ok fight and KO one pokemon.
Blazing Holucha was interesting to watch... Minus Weavile. However gillotine from that Bisharp just destroyed him despite type disadvantage, that steel knight is quite good
Impressive aerial battle on a crazy speed, plus logical conclusion with a tie
Also nice to see Pikachu soaking Tyranitar to get rid of him quickly (that said, this Tyranitar did not impress at all, and mouse got too much focus again). Clever move
Alain`s Metagross was very impressive, fast and powerful, almost made Pikachu faint in 3 quick attacks. And would probably win but for the same trick which dealt with mighty Latios before
And finally Pikachu vs Charizard who did not even see him as opponent worthy enough to take megaform. Well...

chinchourulz

200% Quality Poster
Cartoon Network airs the XYZ series every Saturday morning and it's branded a "new episode", though I did manage to catch this episode and I really liked it.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I admit, the battles are amazing this time around. Especially the air battle between the 2 birds. Didn't really like how Pikachu was able to best a speedy Metagross though but whatever.
Definitely looking forward to the arc starting next month. While I won't miss this series Saga at all when it ends, Ill enjoy these next batch of episodes

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Was pretty good, just wish they didn't use elevator music xD I liked the Metagross battle music was kept in. Kinda wish Metagross got more time to shine though...

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Alain, of course you're having fun. You didn't bother to sic Charizard right at the beginning and get rid of all the difficulty one by one. But now that you're openly thinking about "these feelings when battling Ash" it sounds like...something dirty.

Pikachu VS Tyranitar was actually a good battle with strategies just flying out.

But then Michael Bay came in to direct the rest and everything fell apart to me. A Supersonic that doesn't confuse the opponent and just serves as a wind pusher, Hawlucha apparently is a Saiyan now (when did this happen?) and standing on ice reduces attack power, explosions getting bigger by every nonsensical attack there is for the sake of it, Noivern becoming the biggest jobber in history, and Agility is pretty much a free pass to turn you into Sonic the Hedgehog no matter how dreadfully slow you are.

It was after the Agility was used that things went back to normal to me. Ironically, another Pikachu battle had better showing.

Poor Alain. NOW 90% of the people in there are praising Ash unlike last time. I hope for sure this doesn't mean the one that gets more cheering will end up losing! That would be like the biggest screw up ever!

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Was pretty good, just wish they didn't use elevator music xD I liked the Metagross battle music was kept in. Kinda wish Metagross got more time to shine though...
I was gonna say the exact same thing, this episode was brought down by the horrible choice in music.

As for what I put in bold, they kept it in sure, but the cut it much shorter then it was in the original episode

Red and Blue

My god I can't take these english voices. Alain's english voice has almost no passion compared to his japanese one

Last edited: