• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finals Not for the Faint-Hearted! (933)

Ominous Wind

Hope not, just like I hope Pikachu gets completely dominated without landing a scratch on Charizard aswell (its bad enough its fighting him at all).

Hate to break this to you, but Pikachu has already landed two hits on Charizard and brought the lizard to it's knees.

True, but there's also the underlying factor that it's Ash we're talking about. He wouldn't go and switch guys unless he felt it was really necessary, simply for the reason that he doesn't want his team to be discouraged by their opponents. Just look at Pikachu's matchups today. Hawlucha and Talonflame could've battled Tyranitar and Metagross themselves, but Ash went off with Pikachu and stuck with him.

And this was really well done, even if it did feel a little fast-paced.

Not sure about about Hawlucha's new technique, but it's certainly not a new move by any means considering we saw all four in this match. Guess it's something they picked up on from the Snowbelle battle from what I can assume.

Well you have a point there. But if he wanted to switch Pikachu he could've still waited for Alain's choice. Oh well, just a minor nuisance...

Holy157

Looks like Goodra is going to set up Rain Dance against Charizard after all. This should give Greninja a boost.

I wonder if this is gonna happen. Ash-Greninja battles were always fought on even ground (no outside factors) except vs Avalugg. Don't think they will give Greninja an advantage that doesn't come from Greninja itself, especially in probably the highlight battle of XYZ.

I wonder if this is gonna happen. Ash-Greninja battles were always fought on even ground (no outside factors) except vs Avalugg. Don't think they will give Greninja an advantage that doesn't come from Greninja itself, especially in probably the highlight battle of XYZ.

The preview seems to confirm it though.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Alain's Charizard has been portrayed so far as pretty tough, perhaps a team effort to take it down would make it's defeat more believable

Ominous Wind

From the preview, Charizard comes out while Greninja is already on the field and Rain Dance has been set. This could either mean:

-Goodra defeats Bisharp and gets recalled
-Goodra/Bisharp double KO
-Bisharp defeats Goodra but gets taken out by Greninja. This could mean Greninja isn't at 100% when facing Charizard.

EDIT: Watched the preview again. Goodra is greyed out, so the first option is null.

Last edited:
One little thing I enjoyed from the episode was Hawlucha's worry for Noivern when he was knocked out. Like a mid 40s angry father getting revenge for his teenaged son.

Hanto

Water Addiction
Whats Hawlucha new move? Endeavor?

Holy157

From the preview, Charizard comes out while Greninja is already on the field and Rain Dance has been set. This could either mean:

-Goodra defeats Bisharp and gets recalled
-Goodra/Bisharp double KO
-Bisharp defeats Goodra but gets taken out by Greninja. This could mean Greninja isn't at 100% when facing Charizard.

EDIT: Watched the preview again. Goodra is greyed out, so the first option is null.

Rain Dance + taking a hit, or more, from Pikachu seem to really push it in Greninja's favor. Either, Charizard does fine even with the Rain dance in effect or Greninja takes a bit of dmg from Bisharp. No way they will give an advantage to Ash just so he can win the League. Alain beat him fair and square the first time, and the second time would most likely have gone in Alain's favor. This is the match after all.

PAndrews

Hate to break this to you, but Pikachu has already landed two hits on Charizard and brought the lizard to it's knees.

Yeah, just watched the battle

What were the writers smoking when they wrote this ridiculous battle
Pikachu obliterates a Tyranitar without suffering any damage, then continues to take down a Metagross (with an iron tail no less) and now weakens Charizard so that even if Greninja does finally get its win over it, it technically still hasn't won since it needed help to do so

This is a ridiculous advantage given to Ash in a battle meant to settle the score between Greninja and Charizard. At this point Bisharp fighting first and landing a couple of good hits would be the only redeeming factor, however if that means Goodra gets denied its win this league (and making its return pointless) that would be worse.

Pikachu should have lost to Metagross and that win should have gone to Noivern instead and the battle would have been infinitely better

Well you have a point there. But if he wanted to switch Pikachu he could've still waited for Alain's choice. Oh well, just a minor nuisance...

Why bother with a switch to begin with though, since Pikachu didn't suffer a single scratch vs Tyranitar. The only reason is because he assumed Alain would send out something with an advantage over Pikachu.
And if he's willing to switch Pikachu due to the chance Alain was about to send out his Pikachu counter Pokemon, why not give Noivern the same liberty when he realized it was the worse possible matchup among all 6 of his on hand Pokemon.

Heekful

Goodra can't beat Bisharp because when Charizard is send , the rain is already up , so it will be a loss or a draw , so sad for Goodra...

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Whats Hawlucha new move? Endeavor?

Looks like he was bulking up, to me.

----------

Anyway the episode was great animation was on point, the battles were interesting, but I wish Noivern, and Hawlucha had their roles reversed(but Hawlucha lost last time, and I don't count the 15secs bs that much) I guess they wanted to give him a win.

Pikachu was great as usual, they really are used to make the thing look great, but didn't Pikachu already use this tactic in another Metagross(in Hoenn) battle? I don't see how it was necessary for Pikachu to take on 3 pokemon(and how the heck did he tank all those hits), just let Goodra or Noivern beat Metagross, still like I said last week, at the end of the day Pikachu, and Satoshi are the main characters of the show so he always gets more focus then others even though that hasn't been the cae that much lately because of Greninja.

The birds battles were crazy.

Anyway the episode was great, but I wish some of the battles results were changed.

P.S. I don't have kids, but this week I had my nephew here(5 y old), and he watched it with me, it was pretty cool to see him all excited, he loved Pikachu, and the birds clashing :p(he also liked the Ketchupchu ending).

Soniman

Break the Limit
So Noivern is gonna go home with no wins and Goodra is also getting no wins making its hyped up comeback pointless

Gooooooooooddddddd writing

Edit: Oh wait Bisharp is still alive so there's hope for Goodra at least. Either way there goes Noivern's redemption, pretty good battle anyway despite rat focus

Last edited:
So Noivern is gonna go home with no wins and Goodra is also getting no wins making its hyped up comeback pointless

Gooooooooooddddddd writing

One extra battle could have fixed this so easily...

Ominous Wind

Yeah, just watched the battle

What were the writers smoking when they wrote this ridiculous battle
Pikachu obliterates a Tyranitar without suffering any damage, then continues to take down a Metagross (with an iron tail no less) and now weakens Charizard so that even if Greninja does finally get its win over it, it technically still hasn't won since it needed help to do so

Pikachu defeated Tyson's Metagross just like that back in Hoenn, just in reverse order of attacks. And that was when Metagross was weakened. Take that as you will.