• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finding Nemo Sequel, "Finding Dory," due to be released in 2015

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Okay, again, what defines "need" in this scenario, exactly?

And even more puzzling, why would you judge a film on the basis of a different film that doesn't share a director, a writer, a voice cast or anything aside from a studio name before the credits?

Finding Nemo is a fine standalone film. It had a complete story and it ended without loose ends.

Just blind faith, I suppose. I don't like Cars 2 and I love the Toy Story sequels, so it will be interesting to see how good Monster's University will be and whether Finding Dory will benefit as a sequel. While Toy Story 2 and 3 weren't exactly needed, they improved and expanded on their universe. Unlike Cars 2, which did expand but disappointed. So if University disappoints, I'll be worried.

BCVM22

Finding Nemo is a fine standalone film. It had a complete story and it ended without loose ends.

So was Toy Story. Here we are, two films later. Again, "need" is a largely meaningless term. It's a movie - it can't actually "need" anything. It's a word people like to throw around because it sounds better than "I don't want this film to get a sequel", either because they hated the first one or because they loved it and fear the studio screwing up a sequel, which inexplicably would somehow make the first one worse.

so it will be interesting to see how good Monster's University will be and whether Finding Dory will benefit as a sequel. While Toy Story 2 and 3 weren't exactly needed, they improved and expanded on their universe. Unlike Cars 2, which did expand but disappointed. So if University disappoints, I'll be worried.

That still doesn't make any sense. You just said it yourself - Cars 2 wasn't perfect, Toy Story 2 and 3 were pretty good. As they are all completely separate films and as Cars 2 had a completely different creative staff than did Toy Story 2 and 3, what one did has no bearing on the other and vice versa. Making it all the more puzzling why you would be any more or less worried about Finding Dory depending on what Monsters University does.

You dig? It's a little like saying "the latest Mario game disappointed me, so I'm unsure about the next Zelda title".

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Long story short, Finding Nemo doesn't require a sequel nor does it not require one. We'll see what happens when it comes out. As for arguments, again, we're just try to prove an opinion.

This is starting to sound like the Tropes vs. Women thread. Anyways, hat do you want to talk about now?

HoennMaster

Not going to lie, I'm beyond excited for this. Finding Nemo is my favorite Pixar of all time. Can't believe it took them 10 years to make it though.

I'm indifferent. I admit I am starting to miss the originality of Pixar. The fact that they have become sequel or prequel central has me worried.

At least they actually put effort into their movies and don't make churn them out continuously. It takes them years to get sequels.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope Bubbles and the rest of the fish tank gang are in this. That is the only thing I want to see in this movie besides more turtles

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Not going to lie, I'm beyond excited for this. Finding Nemo is my favorite Pixar of all time. Can't believe it took them 10 years to make it though.

At least they actually put effort into their movies and don't make churn them out continuously. It takes them years to get sequels.

That doesnt mean much if the sequels turn out like cars 2.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
That still doesn't make any sense. You just said it yourself - Cars 2 wasn't perfect, Toy Story 2 and 3 were pretty good. As they are all completely separate films and as Cars 2 had a completely different creative staff than did Toy Story 2 and 3, what one did has no bearing on the other and vice versa. Making it all the more puzzling why you would be any more or less worried about Finding Dory depending on what Monsters University does.

You dig? It's a little like saying "the latest Mario game disappointed me, so I'm unsure about the next Zelda title".

I suppose. I mean, Pixar is always being scrutinized whether they can keep their quality, so it's not wrong to compare the films to each other. But it's no big deal. All in all, I don't think Finding Nemo should have gotten a sequel, but it did. Case closed.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I have a feeling that Monsters University is going to be horrible but that's just me, I mean the first movie was great and I feel that the more comedic route they decided to go with in the prequel is going to be a disgrace to what was accomplished with the first film. I kinda wished the characters or at least Boo would have grown up with the audience kinda like Andy did in Toy Story 3. I'm not saying the film should be totally somber, since the original had some funny parts but the ending of Monsters inc. hinted at a sequel and like Toy Story 3 they could have used the power of nostalgia but meh. As for Finding Dory, it's gonna be a recycled plot/storyline from Finding Nemo, I almost guarantee it. Kind of like Hangover and Hangover II, Yeah the first one was funny but when the second one came out it wasn't as funny because we knew or had an idea of what was going to happen next. I hope this isn't the case with Finding Dory, I'm still going to watch it regardless.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I misread the title as "finding Dorthy" ha haha...
But anyways the first was amazing for it's time. Mind you that was 10yrs ago but still. Second will probably be good, maybe not as good though.

Heldigunner1

lime in the coconut
as said before, finding nemo is a great stand alone film, but I'm excited for this squeal, same goes for despicable me. great stand alone but im looking forward to the squeal. But i don't want to see an up 2.

And wizard, if your talking prior to number 3, than how andy ends up. the girl from monsters inc isn't important. Andy was.

Last edited:

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
IWhat about an Incredibles 2, Pixar? Hmm? That would bring in tons of money for sure.
I agree with you. They could showcase the famiy's powers a bit more and make the movie less about a mid life crisis.
They could make up some really good villains and maybe some new super powers. They could also make it set 10 years latter or so since the clifhanger was already solved by Rise of the Underminer.
Finding Dory seems like a re-hash of the first movie in a way and pixar has been going meh at their movies lately.

Cars 2 was one of there first flops and I haven't seen Brave but I heard it's bad.

BCVM22

Finding Dory seems like a re-hash of the first movie in a way

Based on what?

Cars 2 was one of there first flops

"Flops". Right. Critically, maybe, but do you know how many studios would sacrifice goats and children alike to have their "flops" bring in $550 million-plus?

and I haven't seen Brave but I heard it's bad.

Do we need to discuss the problem with this?

Come on, people, can we please not do this thing whole-hog that we do every time a new ANYTHING gets announced? Where people take a title and the vaguest of vague plot summaries and immediately declare it a critical and financial failure along with all manner of baseless problems, based on absolutely nothing? Please?

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
Based on what?
The name. It's kinda easy to tell that dory will get lost and nemo/marlin would need to find her.

"Flops". Right. Critically, maybe, but do you know how many studios would sacrifice goats and children alike to have their "flops" bring in $550 million-plus?
A hit movie that makes a lot of money isn't that impressing for a kids movie. There are way better movies out there that flopped a lot.

Do we need to discuss the problem with this?
From what I heard it rips of most Disney movies.

Come on, people, can we please not do this thing whole-hog that we do every time a new ANYTHING gets announced? Where people take a title and the vaguest of vague plot summaries and immediately declare it a critical and financial failure along with all manner of baseless problems, based on absolutely nothing? Please?
If a band was good back then and released mostly crap for years would you expect the next one to be as crap or maybe more?

BCVM22

This is ridiculous.

The name. It's kinda easy to tell that dory will get lost and nemo/marlin would need to find her.

By that thinking, every sequel to share a naming convention with its predecessor shares the exact same plot.

A hit movie that makes a lot of money isn't that impressing for a kids movie.

$550 million is $550 million regardless of your subjective definition of "[not] that [impressive]". The point remains.

There are way better movies out there that flopped a lot.

Irrelevant.

From what I heard it rips of most Disney movies.

The problem here is that you've judged a film - a fairly well-reviewed film, while we're at it - based solely on what you've "heard". And what you've "heard" is evidently largely wrong.

If a band was good back then and released mostly crap for years would you expect the next one to be as crap or maybe more?

Again, completely irrelevant to what's going on here. Which is that people are taking the title of a movie and the vaguest summary possible and drawing conclusions about its quality based on absolutely nothing. Link me to Weezer's Wikipedia page all you want, it doesn't change the fact that arriving at those conclusions based on nothing is questionable at best and outright illogical otherwise.

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
By that thinking, every sequel to share a naming convention with its predecessor shares the exact same plot.
I'm just saying it's a bit pointless for a number 2. They found nemo and dory will probily end up getting lost somewhere else.

$550 million is $550 million regardless of your subjective definition of "[not] that [impressive]". The point remains.
How many people watched a movie doesn't mean it's impressive. Is Friday or gangnam style one of the best songs in the world then?

The problem here is that you've judged a film - a fairly well-reviewed film, while we're at it - based solely on what you've "heard". And what you've "heard" is evidently largely wrong.
I saw a review and it pointed out that it copies a lot of other disney movies. The bear thing with the mom is also stupid.

Again, completely irrelevant to what's going on here. Which is that people are taking the title of a movie and the vaguest summary possible and drawing conclusions about its quality based on absolutely nothing. Link me to Weezer's Wikipedia page all you want, it doesn't change the fact that arriving at those conclusions based on nothing is questionable at best and outright illogical otherwise.
I used weezer as a example. Most of their post-Maladroit albums has been meh and filled with pop songs that you expect justin bieber to write or so. You know your songs suck these days when you can replace the words On Drugs with in love and nothing major changes.

BCVM22

How many people watched a movie doesn't mean it's impressive.

No, but you were the one who called the movie "a flop", which we've just established it was not entirely.

I saw a review and it pointed out that it copies a lot of other disney movies.

I don't care what reviews you saw. You continue to both miss my point and prove it simultaneously. You've allowed other reviews and hearsay to make your decision for you.

The bear thing with the mom is also stupid.

Based on what? You've spent your last few posts espousing on how you haven't seen the film and you're going solely of of what some reviews told you. By definition, doesn't that sort of divest you of your right to complain about any element of the movie, much less definitively label any part of it "stupid"?

I used weezer as a example. Most of their post-Maladroit albums has been meh and filled with pop songs that you expect justin bieber to write or so. You know your songs suck these days when you can replace the words On Drugs with in love and nothing major changes.

And the fact that explaining - and this is verbatim - "why Weezer has been 'meh' post-Maladroit" is all you can say in response to the fallacy that is judging a film with an excellent creative track record based solely on a title and a wispy summary is, again, proving my point. You're using completely irrelevant and unrelated examples to try and support what is utterly illogical.