• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finding Nemo Sequel, "Finding Dory," due to be released in 2015

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
"Finding Dory," due to be released in 2015

Source

This is a bit of new information for anyone who is a fan of Pixar movies or Finding Nemo, recently released on Ellen's, the voice of Dory, talk show.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I hate to just generalise but this is Pixar we're talking about, so you sort of already know it's going to be quality. More Toy Story 2 than Cars 2. Can't wait.

Is this film really worth having a thread all to itself though, when we have such little information on it (and with a 2015 release I hardly think we're getting a trailer or anything soon)? A Pixar thread with this as the opening post/discussion starter might have been a better idea?

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
At first, I was kind of nervous about the film, as I felt that it was going to be a rehash of the Nemo and Marlin son/father relationship in the first film. But after finding out it's about Dory... I'm relieved. I feel like having a very different (but still familiar) focus character and having a new take on the 'finding family' theme that links to the old film without being exactly the same (as unlike Marlin, chances are she doesn't even know where or maybe even who her family are) are the best options for this. Not too similar or different in my opinion. I actually feel more comfortable with the sequel now.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
I have high hopes since this is Pixar we're talking about, Finding Nemo was one of the best films Pixar ever made.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Finding Nemo is an outstanding film, don't know what to think about this.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Finding Nemo, after seeing it for the umpteenth time, isn't my favorite Pixar film. Far from it infact, however, that does not mean I don't think it will be good. It probably will be.

I'm just tired of watching the first film over and over XD

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'm just baffled about this. Seriously, Finding Nemo didn't need a sequel. What about an Incredibles 2, Pixar? Hmm? That would bring in tons of money for sure.

Since this is about Dory (now that I think Nemo's grown up, it's been ten years now, the kid's an adult now--holy crap, he's the same age as my brothers o_O), crazy stuff is bound to happen. I just want to know what Marlin did to screw up this time. But yeah... did this really need a thread since it won't be released for a couple of years? Unless there was a Pixar thread...

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I'm just baffled about this. Seriously, Finding Nemo didn't need a sequel. What about an Incredibles 2, Pixar? Hmm? That would bring in tons of money for sure.

Since this is about Dory (now that I think Nemo's grown up, it's been ten years now, the kid's an adult now--holy crap, he's the same age as my brothers o_O), crazy stuff is bound to happen. I just want to know what Marlin did to screw up this time. But yeah... did this really need a thread since it won't be released for a couple of years? Unless there was a Pixar thread...

"No plot details have been revealed about Finding Dory yet, but the film is set on the California coast a year after Finding Nemo".

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm indifferent. I admit I am starting to miss the originality of Pixar. The fact that they have become sequel or prequel central has me worried. I'm with Kutie Pie and am in the boat that Finding Nemo didn't need a sequel. The only Pixar sequel I would want would be a Incredibles 2, but considering how successful, Finding Nemo was I'm not surprised. Will I see it? Sure on Blu-ray.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm indifferent. I admit I am starting to miss the originality of Pixar. The fact that they have become sequel or prequel central has me worried. I'm with Kutie Pie and am in the boat that Finding Nemo didn't need a sequel. The only Pixar sequel I would want would be a Incredibles 2, but considering how successful, Finding Nemo was I'm not surprised. Will I see it? Sure on Blu-ray.
I'm kind of feeling a little bit that way towards them. Sure I liked Toy Story 3, am looking forward to the sequel to Monsters Inc somewhat, and happy that they're doing a sequel to Finding Nemo, but it seems as if they're banking on sequels a lot these days.

Poetry

Dancing Mad

Pixar's policy is that they only make sequels if they can come up with a story that is as good as the original. This is based on their general view that unlike other Disney productions, the main drive for them to make great films is to just to make great films, and not something which makes more money in merchandising than it does in ticket sales like so many Disney blockbusters, (Cars and Cars 2 is the obvious exception). Toy Story was probably one of the easiest films ever distributed by Disney to exploit in terms of merchandising, but that's not the reason Pixar made two sequels to it. Think about it, what other trilogy or any film series for that matter, can you honestly say has films which are actually better than the ones before it? Toy Story 2 and 3 shocked everyone in that they were actually quality titles which built upon and developed the original ideas and characters, not just recycled them.

Incredibles 2? Great idea, but Pixar probably has trouble coming up with a story and characters to better the scale and grandeur and action of the original. Yes, it may take a while before we hear anything of it at all but I'll bet any amount of money it'll be worth the wait. You've seen their films, you know they don't do anything by half measures.

And in terms of them becoming "sequel or prequel central", they have an original film called The Good Dinosaur coming out next year, and a film based around the Mexican holiday of the Day of the Dead coming out in 2016 (estimate based on their recent track record of releasing a film once every year). Keep the faith!

Last edited:

BCVM22

I'm with Kutie Pie and am in the boat that Finding Nemo didn't need a sequel. The only Pixar sequel I would want would be a Incredibles 2

I'm always puzzled when people use words like "need" and "deserve" discussing matters like these. What marks The Incredibles, fine movie that it is, as any more or less "in need" of a sequel than Finding Nemo, or vice versa?

Last edited:

TheEliteEmpoleon

Wow. A movie from back when I was five is finally getting a sequel! I thought, and still think, Finding Nemo is a great movie, so I can't wait for Finding Dory. The only thing I would ask Pixar is to put the sea turtles back in!

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Finding Nemo doesn't need a sequel at all and I'm worried the film will be ham-fisted just to have more Dory, but I'll watch it regardless. I'll probably judge it more depending on how Monster's U does.

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
I'm always puzzled when people use words like "need" and "deserve" discussing matters like these. What marks The Incredibles, fine movie that it is, as any more or less "in need" of a sequel than Finding Nemo, or vice versa?

It's probably easier for some people to visualise, considering that The Incredibles was basically a huge play on Superhero conventions, there's always going to be more than a few possibilities for that film (Not that that isn't true with other films, it just seems somewhat more obvious with The Incredibles.)

BCVM22

Finding Nemo doesn't need a sequel at all

Okay, again, what defines "need" in this scenario, exactly?

I'll probably judge it more depending on how Monster's U does.

And even more puzzling, why would you judge a film on the basis of a different film that doesn't share a director, a writer, a voice cast or anything aside from a studio name before the credits?

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
The last Pixar movie that needed a sequel. I've been really disappointed in Pixar as of late.