• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finding no info about different Pokemon limited edition consoles (Game Boy Color)

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
First of all, this might be the wrong sub-forum, but I didn't think it belonged in either gen 1 or 2 discussions.

Anyway, I've been trying to get some info about the limited edition Pokemon Game Boy Color consoles. Mainly these two...

Console 1: Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Togepi
Console 2: Pikachu, Pichu

They look very alike and both were bundled with Pokemon Yellow. From what I've seen so far is that BOTH of them are from the American Yellow bundle. But why?? How come there's two different console versions for the same bundle? I was thinking that the Pikachu Pichu one was American and Pikachu Jigglypuff Togepi was European (my childhood friend had that one and we live in Sweden, Europe) but according to this YouTube video (old commercial) the Pika, Jiggly, Togepi is American. But on this official Nintendo Magazine UK post the Pika, Pichu one is American aswell...

Couldn't find much on the other consoles either, so if anyone knows a good source, please tell :p

randomspot555

Just because it was a US release doesn't mean people can't import it.

Sounds like you found all the info you need. Those were American releases.

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader

randomspot555

One is a Pikachu edition and one is a Pokemon edition. There were several Pokemon variants of the Gameboy Color, according to the Wiki article.

What exactly is your question? That both of them do indeed exist and both were separate releases? Then the answer to both is yes.

tomon

maybe the first one came out first when the Johto region wasn't discovered yet because of the appearance of togepi, and pretty soon after that, we did learn that there is a new region with newer pokemon and maybe pichu was the first to be introduced?

Codface

I had a pikachu yellow gameboy color (sister ebayed it recently...). Its a pikachu edition and was definatly released in the UK in stores.

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
One is a Pikachu edition and one is a Pokemon edition.

That's the answer I was looking for

What exactly is your question? That both of them do indeed exist and both were separate releases? Then the answer to both is yes.

More like, "Why were there 2 different versions of the same limited edition. Why did they both exist?" You'd wonder what was going on if there were two different versions of the Pikachu 3ds XL, right?

randomspot555

Yeah, but if they released a Mew (pink) and Pikachu (yellow) separately, I wouldn't. Limited edition consoles are purely cosmetic differences.

It was probably thought up that the Pikachu specific console would appeal to the anime fans who might not have purchased a game yet whereas the Pokemon console would appeal to the game fans.