• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire aint got nothin' on me [OU Focused stall RMT]

steez

Banned
212.gif
Fire aint got nothin' on me
212.gif

scizormh1.png

Intro

This is a team ive been using for a bit now after making it with my friend Kel. He had asked me earlier to make a team with him and we were talking on msn about what it should be. I really enjoyed using this team almost more then a lot of other teams ive used as it's really fun to play and always surprises people when I'm stallin' like crazy and then end up pulling a lategame sweep. I'm gonna try to keep this intro shorter then usual as i'm way too lazy to type up some massive wall of text. Many people have made teams around scizor as it happens to also be the #1 most used pokemon in the OU tier, but so far I've never seen anything like this. Focused stall really helps scizor sweep and can easily let him set up and sweep whole teams by using residual damage as well as using what stall does best, gradually wearing the opponents team down. With the right support and synergy from the rest of the members this team has managed to work extremely well. With having most of Scizor's counters checked as well as overall fixing any weaknesses the team had it becomes something extremely solid. When fixing the team up and updating it after keeping the team hidden for a month or so I really had to think of uprising threats as well as checking things that I hadn't realized were threats until just now. I tested this team quite a bit and overall it did extremely well.

The playstyle of my team is mostly a weird form of focused stall. You need to predict very well in order to beat some common threats, as well as uses an annoying stall oriented combo to really support scizor in sweeping as well as giving the team overall better synergy. The team is mostly slow-paced as it's 3 stallish pokemon with a revenge killer, and good support. The wallbreaker and revenge killer are used extremely well with the main set up sweeper in order to take out massive threats as well as give the team a better playstyle. I've always liked using stall elements in normal teams and it just seemed to work even better on this team.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
472.png
212.png
242.png
205.png
380.png
479-mow.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------

In depth

472.png

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 198 HP / 96 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly nature (+Spe, -Sp Atk)
- Taunt
- Roost
- Stealth rock
- Earthquake

Gliscor fit in this spot extremely well as he is one of my ground resists, as well as a great lead overall. Gliscor can beat other common leads, Taunt slower leads, and most of the time ensure that I get stealth rock on the field. Gliscor 90% of the time survives until late game and if he survives with low health I can usually outpredict the opponent and get a roost in. Since he usually survives until lategame, that means gliscor is my main lucario check. 96 Atk makes sure you 2HKO standard Leadmetagross, 216 spe jolly outspeeds 252 spe jolly lucario by two points. 198 hp gives you a high number and adds bulk to both sides of the spectrum+Was leftover EV's after adding 96 atk and 216 spe. Taunt helps me break opposing stall lategame as well as beat slower leads. EQ hits a lot of things super effectively as well as gives me a main STAB move. Stealth rock is almost needed on a team such as mine as well as turns some of Jirachi's 2HKOs into OHKOs. Roost is for healing and can really save you in stalling out an opponent. Gliscor gives me a way of beating opposing stall as well as gives me a nice start to the math that can help me start off the game on a high note.

Gliscor gives the team an electric immunity which means while he's alive nothing can be hit by a t-wave or any hard hitting electric move like a Tbolt from Specsjolteon.

Gliscor has great synergy with the rest of the team and gives one of the main things scizor likes which is a ground resist. Gliscor also works nice with the steels on the team (like scizor/forry) as they can easily take the ice attacks and gliscor can take most things aimed at them as well as check threats to them. When building the team gliscor was actually the third choice because of some of these reasons.​

This is how Gliscor fairs against the top ten common leads according to the usage statistics; blue indicates little trouble caused, orange indicates that there is a bit of switching to do, and red is problematic:(Copied from Vashta's RMT)
  • dpiconani376.gif
    Metagross: I usually just EQ first or set up SR and run because if they meteor mash twice and bullet punch once im dead. But if they're running the standard bullet punch / eq / sr / explosion set, I can EQ twice and they die with 96 atk evs.
  • dpiconani482.gif
    Azelf: Need to switch out, as they either taunt me and proceed to set up SR or just full on beat me.
  • dpiconani385.gif
    Jirachi: Pretty much the same thing as metagross, but I usually just EQ twice right away.
  • dpiconani260.gif
    Swampert: I pretty much lose no matter what I do, but since most swampert set up SR first, I just set it up at the same time.
  • dpiconani142.gif
    Aerodactyl: I can easily switch to something like scizor/foretress to kill it off as it beats gliscor.
  • dpiconani392.gif
    Infernape: SR then switch to latias.
  • dpiconani450.gif
    Hippowdon: Taunt, then SR.
  • dpiconani437.gif
    Bronzong: Taunt, then SR.
  • dpiconani291.gif
    Ninjask: Taunt rapes it up the ***.
  • dpiconani248.gif
    Tyranitar: Not really sure what to do, haven't really seen any but they usually don't run Ice beam so it can be handled.

212.png

Scizor (M) @ Life orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 40 HP / 244 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant (+Atk, -Sp Atk)
- Bullet punch
- Brick break
- Swords dance
- Roost

This is one of blue ace's life orb SD scizor sets. SD scizor is what the whole team is based around and scizor just happens to be an awesome lategame sweeper to work on a focused stall team. Scizor can easily set up against other stall teams as well as sweep most of the metagame at +2 or +4. With the right support from the rest of my team scizor can work extremely well.

Bullet punch / brick break provides almost neutral coverage hitting a lot of the metagame for either neutral or super effective damage. Swords dance is obviously for boosting and roost helps heal off LO damage as well as outstall many different pokemon that might try to end your sweep.

The evs let scizor outspeed max spe tyranitar, hp lets me take the least amount of damage from my life orb, and 244 Atk is for max damage dealing capability as well as just gives scizor a nice number in attack especially after a swords dance or two.

242.png

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural cure
EVs: 252 Def / 176 Sp def / 80 HP
Bold nature (+Def, - Atk)
- Wish
- Seismic toss
- Protect
- Toxic

I don't really know why this set isn't used more. It works IMO so much better then any other blissey except for maybe the cleric set depending on what the rest of your team is. Blissey helps me wall all pure special attacking pokemon that could potentially harm my team as well as gives me a status absorber. Blissey has overall great coverage with the rest of the team and gives me another stall element to my team. Blissey also works as the only status absorber on the team which is very needed as only gliscor can take a t-wave.

Seismic toss/wish/protect/toxic is absolutely amazing for stalling and I use it on every blissey I use. Toxic helps spreading status and easily lets me stall out stuff like CM latias who could easily shrug off an ice beam at +1 or +2 defense and proceed to beat me easily which they cannot due with wish/protect/seismic toss/toxic. Seismic toss just helps for spreading around damage and like I said beating special attackers who try to boost on me. Wish is for healing and spreading healing around to other members on my team always helps. Protect is great also for predicting what any pokemon that switches in on you is going to do as well as lets you get a free turn after you wish to avoid damage.

80 HP is for maximum leftovers recovery as well as gives you a nice number, 176 sp def gives you great bulk on the special side as well as helps take special attacks easier when running 252 def bold. 252 def with bold is needed to take physical attacks easier and give you decent defenses on both sides. Bold nature is generally more helpful in OU then Calm is.

205.png

Forretress (M) @ Shed shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Relaxed (+ Def, - Spe)
- Gyro ball
- Spikes
- Rapid spin
- Payback

Forry does his job extremely well and happens to give the team an extremely defensive wall to handle almost any physical threat to blissey/scizor. Forry spins for the team as well as sets up toxic spikes which helps wear down stuff like blissey or anything that could wall lots of members on my team. Shed shell helps forry escape from magnezone who could potentially **** my team up if he wasn't running it.

Gyro ball hits stuff hard with a 0 spe iv and a -spe nature as well as gets stab making gyro ball the main attack on the set. Payback is for hitting ghosts who try to switch in. Spikes is obviously for setting up as entry hazards are almost needed on any stall team or focused stall team. Rapid spin spins away rocks/spikes/t-spikes that happen to annoy my team.

Along with the given EVs, it can OHKO Weavile and has overall decent attack for a mainly defensive pokemon. The rest of the EVs are placed in HP and Defense to allow Forretress to have an easier time setting up and taking hits.

380.png

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 6 Def
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Dragon pulse
- Roar
- Reflect
- Recover

Roar latias is really great. It works amazingly on stall/focused stall teams and gives my team a good resist to many different things. Latias gives me a ton of resists which is great on a stall team as well as checks the huge threat which happens to be infernape. Latias helps spread around residual damage, beats common threats, and keeps the team stall oriented.

Dragon pulse still hits stuff hard being a STAB move even with no sp atk evs. Roar helps spread around residual damage as well as roar away set up sweepers if they try to come in on latias. Latias gives the team reflect support which greatly aids many of the members. Recover is for healing.

252 HP gives latias great bulk on both sides, 252 Spe helps still manage to outspeed lots of things with timid, and 6 def is filler.

479-mow.png

Rotom @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Bold (+ Def, - Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf storm
- Shadow ball
- Will O Wisp

Rotom is one of the most important members on the team. It blocks rapid spin which is 100% needed since my t-spikes/SR is extremely important to have on the field. Every stall team needs a spin blocker, and rotom does the job extremely well. Rotom is very bulky and manages to wall lots of things. Rotom gives me a fighting/ground resist as well as an overall extremely important member.

Thunderbolt hits stuff pretty hard including gyarados who is a decently big threat to my team without rotom. Leaf storm is mainly there for swampert who can wall my team to death without it. Shadow ball is the second STAB and hits other ghosts/psychics hard. Will O wisp is there since spikes is actually on forry instead of t-spikes so i can still spread burn status and cripple physical sweeepers.

The given 88 EVs in Speed allow for Rotom-C to outspeed a Adamant max Speed Tyranitar and hit it hard with Leaf Storm or Hidden Power Fighting. Running Timid is another option, though, as it allows you to outspeed a Jolly max Speed Tyranitar and other pokemon lurking in-between 230 and 253 Speed. The 252 HP gives rotom some bulk on the special side as well, and the defense makes him very bulky on the defensive side.​

--

Defensive Threats:

Ani242MS.png
Blissey Scizor can easily get a free SD from it, or just 2HKO with bullet punch/OHKO with brick break.

Ani437MS.png
Bronzong Taunt destroys it, and after that Rotom or scizor can handle it.

Ani251MS.png
Celebi Blissey or rotom can easily deal with it.

Ani488MS.png
Cresselia Taunt rapes it, then rotom can handle it.

Ani477MS.png
Dusknoir Not really seen commonly that more, but gliscor can handle most variations.

Ani205MS.png
Forretress Not having a fire move on the team is a pain, but taunt rapes it then anything can handle it.

Ani472MS.png
Gliscor Latias or Rotom.

Ani130MS.png
Gyarados Rotom is my main check for it not being OHKO'd by anything after a DD.

Ani450MS.png
Hippowdon Rotom or Latias handle it.

Ani385MS.png
Jirachi Rotom walls it.

Ani479OMS.png
Rotom-A My Latias/forry can handle it, or blissey can toxicstall.

Ani227MS.png
Skarmory Rotom can deal with it.

Ani143MS.png
Snorlax Scizor can get a free SD on it as most snorlax wouldnt stay in.

Ani245MS.png
Suicune Rotom or Blissey.

Ani260MS.png
Swampert Rotom is my main answer to it.

Ani248MS.png
Tyranitar Scizor checks it pretty well.

Ani134MS.png
Vaporeon Rotom or Blissey handle it.

Ani145MS.png
Zapdos Blissey lols at it.

Offensive Threats:

Ani482MS.png
Azelf usually seen in the lead position, rotom handles it.

Ani286MS.png
Breloom Latias can roar it away, or rotom can handle it.

Ani395MS.png
Empoleon Rotom or Blissey.

Ani094MS.png
Gengar Blissey or scizor can deal with it.

Ani130MS.png
Gyarados Rotom is my main counter/check to it.

Ani485MS.png
Heatran Blissey handles it.

Ani392MS.png
Infernape Latias is infernapes #1 counter.

Ani135MS.png
/
Ani243MS.png
Jolteon/Raikou Blissey mainly.

Ani380MS.png
Latias Scizor or Rotom.

Ani230MS.png
Kingdra Rotom can handle most, so can Forry.

Ani448MS.png
Lucario Gliscor counters it pretty well.

Ani068MS.png
Machamp Such a *****, but gliscor or Rotom can deal with it.

Ani462MS.png
Magnezone Blissey or Gliscor.

Ani473MS.png
Mamoswine Scizor checks it pretty well.

Ani376MS.png
Metagross Rotom.

Ani373MS.png
Salamence Scizor can handle it, so can forry.

Ani212MS.png
Scizor Rotom or Gliscor.

Ani121MS.png
Starmie Rotom or Blissey.

Ani248MS.png
Tyranitar Scizor checks it nicely.

Ani461MS.png
Weavile Scizor lols at almost everything it can use.

Ani145MS.png
Zapdos Blissey handles it.

Conclusion

After posting this rmt i just realized my team looks quite a bit like el blecko's team but didn't do that intentionally at all. Most of my sets are different and how the team works is completely different though. I guess great minds think alike. (el blecko from smogon/CAL).​

Last edited:

lkelder0511

To smogon (Y)
Wow dude nice presentation of our team

Our team is clean as hell nigga

Spikes really needs a place with forry though IMO although I really can't talk much as I still haven't got to play with it bcos no shoddy lolololololol

I see you changed up the rotom set too. Was the old set being gay?

Last edited:

steez

Banned
spikes was supposed to be on forry so i just made that mistake

kel ur an idiot about da last part in ur post

What the **** are you doing running that much speed on Scizor. You have God damn Bullet Punch for Tyranitar unless its DD Babri in which case you get outrun anyway.

steez

Banned
What the **** are you doing running that much speed on Scizor. You have God damn Bullet Punch for Tyranitar unless its DD Babri in which case you get outrun anyway.

I DONT REALLY KNOW

i couldnt find a better LO SD scizor set and didnt wanna make one/use smogons

gimme a set then lori

lkelder0511

To smogon (Y)
I assumed 224 speed was a typo why don't you just go with the norm CB spread daats wit I would duz

steez

Banned
I assumed 224 speed was a typo why don't you just go with the norm CB spread daats wit I would duz

Wtf?

SD scizor and CB are much different so no thanks.

It wasnt a typo, i asked for a new spread so unless you're giving me a new spread dont post kthxbai

lkelder0511

To smogon (Y)
Not really you faggot bulky sciz is better with entry hazzards so lefties k thx. Also queer there is really nothing worth outspeeding than vap which 8 does.

K cool GTFO now

The smogon smreaf that you have is gay as hell and all it does is let's kill tar with bb which is idiotic concerning the fact that you have a **** load of hazzards on the field and stuff to phaze it

Calums spread is the smogon standard for bulky sciz Idk what the 56 spe evs outspeed maybe skarm tbh I really don't gaf and can't be bothered to check

Last edited: