• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem: Ascension Discussion Thread (Rated PG-16)

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Sylvia's is Strength, most definitely! She'd have the highest Strength growths...as it's extremely contrary to being a Thief. Second-highest for her would be Skill. Terrible Resistance is a given for her (Thieves usually have higher Resistance), Defense...above average, but not her best stat (this has a stat growth that reflects her Thief origins the most...one of them has to reflect it). XD

And while we're at this, how about guessing birth months? Fire Emblem also has birthdays, y'know? That being said, to make this fun, why don't we guess the birth months of the characters who are not our own? XD We can use any basis, really...SUs, headcanons...whatever. XD Let's do the active characters only. :p

My guesses...

Martin: mid-December (Dragalge said something about holiday colors...Martin's "color" is green, and Maria's is cherry red, so it might be a plausible guess...? Martin strikes me more as an Aries, but I have a soft spot for December birthdays, so...)
Maria: mid-December (Same as above, they're twins. Maria seems more like a Libra, but then again...)
Nichol: mid-July (Wonderfully ironic...he's an Ice Manakete, but Cancer really can fit his personality...and it happens to fall in mid-summer.)
Luka: early-mid August (I see him as a cool Leo...I thought of Aries too, but I cannot picture him being born in April)
Tim: late February (February 29, to be exact...I think him having a unique birthday is cute)
Siri: late September (using hints from her bio, she can be born anywhere between August to October...I think Libra fits her nicely)

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
I rarely come up with birthdays for my own characters unless there's a plot related reason or some sort of pun/reference behind it. What makes you think I'm doing it for all of you? :p

For...fun? I need some good laughs...plus, of course, it really is part of the Fire Emblem barracks thing anyway, aside from the quirk. Nobody from Fates or Awakening has a birthday on February 29, so seeing that date getting tossed around as a suggestion for fitting characters is kinda entertaining to me. I gave it as a fun suggestion for Tim (Pisces does fit him) so that everyone can joke that he's *technically* just 4 1/2 years old! :p Then again, it can fit Nichol too, if he's the age-conscious sort, so he can play that card and divide his real age by 4. XD

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Using a random date generator. :p Because I don't necessarily believe the day you were born has much influence on your personality.

Martin/Maria: January 3
Nichol: January 18
Luka: June 13
Sylvia: October 13
Siri: December 25

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Using a random date generator. :p Because I don't necessarily believe the day you were born has much influence on your personality.

Martin/Maria: January 3
Nichol: January 18
Luka: June 13
Sylvia: October 13
Siri: December 25

Yet Andre is born on February 14. :p Plus, the developers did give Cordelia a birthday that falls under a day popularly known to celebrate star-crossed lovers...and Henry a possible "Friday the 13th" birthday...so I think they sometimes do try to give fitting ones at least. XD

I tried to look for hints in the SUs, trust me...but the only hint I got was in Siri's..."kidnapped on a summer night when she was 5". This means she was kidnapped anywhere between June to August. Two months later, she already turned 6. So, since she turned six sometime during the 2 months that passed, I think my late September estimate does look a bit more likely than my late June estimate. XD

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Cadence/Bianca was the one born February 14th, and that's only for the love theme, and having an Amethyst birthstone. We're not here to talk about my other RP characters though. :p Had I been allowed to use two characters, her and Lorenzo would have been here in Tim's place.

Uh... you're on your own there...

Tangeh

Dunno how else I'd guess a birthdate other than basing it on star signs, which you've already done, so forgive me for not following up with guesses of my own.

Depending on how far I wanted to take the wolf pack thing, Luka would likely have been born in spring. Sometime between March and May, as with real wolves. It's not a concrete detail I built into his backstory though.

And hey, the random generator gave Nichol my birthdate. xD

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
After much, much waiting, I'm finally a part of this! Now I just need to post in the main thread. One question for the others though.

Thanks to Jean, I have an idea for my character...mainly that after I post, everyone (or most of the characters, anyway) thinks Amadeus is an enemy and try to attack him because he's a Sorcerer. And they don't stop until Maria (and maybe Tim too) convinces them too. I think it'd be fun.

Anyways...because it's fun, I'll just have my say on the topics previous discussed here.

Supports: I think Amadeus, from his end at least, would get along with the others. I can imagine him talking about cooking with Tim, and maybe become a bit of a big brother figure to him, while Martin is probably just going to eat his cooking. I can see him and Siri talking about learning new thins. Though I feel she might be a little cautious/wary of him since he's a Sorcerer. I also feel like Sylvia would be, like, confused on why Amadeus doesn't mind her at all and is genuinely friendly around her and Erebus too. He'd be totally excited and ask questions about Luka and Nick considering their species. XD And tease either of them about their relationship if he sees their hints. :p This is mostly from Jean, but I think Amadeus is probably the best candidate for finally winning Maria's heart.

So...I think the fastest S-Class for him would be with Siri and Maria. I'd like to say Sylvia also, but considering she's slow to trust, and the other pairing of Sylvia/Martin, it want Jean to have the last say on that (it's her character after all).

Reclassing: The only other classes I can see Amadeus being are Malig Knight (Wyvern Rider for not promoted) because of his parents (and sort of referencing Evangelion as his wyverm would totally be purple) and...Oni Chieftain (Oni Savage for not promoted) for the same reason. Plus, it has oni in its name, something the Evas in Evangelion were inspired from. yes i know i'm obsessed with evangelion

Birthday and month: Eh, not really familiar with the thematic parts of this so...I guess Amadeus would either be born in Summer, specifically June 6 (guess why. hint: has to do with the protagonist of Evangelion) or Autumn (because Aki from the Eva fic, The Second Try, means Autumn). Or whatever constellation fits him the most.

Stats: Obviously, Amadeus would have high Magic (or whatever stat helps with magic attacks). Other than that? Unusually high health for a magic class or high skill.

Titles: Hmm... Well...

List of Titles for Amadeus
"The Wolf Ghost"
"Hell's Chef"
"The Reaper's Sorcerer"
"The Oni Wolf"
"Hell's Sorcerer/Sorcerer from Hell"
"Berserk Sorcerer"
"Wolf in Man's Clothing"

The ones I like the most are The Ghost Wolf, Hell's Chef and The Oni Wolf. In this group, I feel like Amadeus will probably have the second as his title.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Yaaay! Charred is here! XD Damn, son...it's about time! :p

Now the infighting can happen, and it isn't even Day 1 of the army! XD I noticed that most people in the army might be either too impulsive or have a negative view of Dark Mages and Sorcerers in general...it's totally in-character. I want Maria to knock some sense into everyone lol...it's just bound to be an awesome scene. XD Tim can also assert himself here, even though he may not be a fan of Dark Magic. :p

Well, the current "best cook" in the army is Tim, and he doesn't cook meat. Luka does meat but raw, Sylvia's too impatient to cook hence also does it raw, Siri might end up preferring to zap the meals so that they're "done" and burning them in the process, and Martin and Maria probably don't cook on a regular basis. Amadeus would probably be the only one who can cook well and provide protein! Martin, Sylvia and Luka love their meat most! XD And yes, I agree...I already ship Amadeus/Maria. :p He's a genuinely nice and honest guy who isn't at all pretentious. Dark Is Not Evil in fact! Hehe, I think that once Amadeus shows that he's in fact kind, Siri would be fine. XD Hehe, Sylvia would be even more surprised when Amadeus proves that he can understand Erebus! XD I agree...I think out of everyone, Amadeus could probably earn Maria's love at last! He doesn't try hard, he's just being himself...he puts others first...what's not to love? Much better than any cocky, arrogant, entitled bastard. XD

Amadeus/Maria does fit the best. :p In works like these, everyone expects the eventual lover of a princess to be a knight...or perhaps a handsome rogue...but I just love how Amadeus/Maria can subvert many tropes by showing that sometimes...the "knight in shining armor" keeps all his very best traits...but takes the form of something that is generally feared and dreaded! The age-old lesson of "don't judge" kicks in! XD

Oh, sure, I'll create those reclass options the best I could. :p

So far, me, Schade and Dragalge have talked about birthdays and the confirmed and speculated birthdays are:

Martin and Maria - December 21
Sylvia - October 29
Nic - April 20
Siri - September 30
Luka - Between March and May

I love June 6 for any character with dark magic lol. Make Amadeus' June 6! Because 6/6, hehe...ties in to "Hell's Chef" nicely. Zodiac Sign-wise, he strikes me as a Gemini, Libra or Sagittarius. 6/6 just happens to be Gemini. XD

Of course, my favorite is "Hell's Chef" too. :p It's such an awesome and funny title. "Hell" because he knows Dark magic, not because he's terrible...quite the contrary, actually! XD

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Holy lots of updates Batman!

I've got my post all ready to go, just wanted to know what we should do next, now that most of us are together. Should we help the royals? Help others?

@TheCharredDragon Hey! Good to see you! Nice character by the way! I think you're right in saying that most of the cast may not trust you at first, or at least be very wary, Siri definitely. You're right though in saying she'd be interested in what Amadeus has to say and would open up to him eventually. I wouldn't be surprised if they did have one of the quickest supports, as you've said. Just be careful, there may be a little magic thrown around at first glance XD

@Schade Siri's best stat would be Skill, surprisingly enough. With all the books she's read and stuff lol

@Jean Siri's birthday is September 30th, but I thought Monster's randomizer that said it was Christmas was pretty awesome too lol

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Y'know, some of us should have an idiot moment and totally think that Amadeus is one of the bad guys. :p Maria (and maybe Tim) knocking some sense into the others can be a perfect parallel to the game mechanic of a party member having to talk to a recruitable character before being able to recruit them. :p I mean, it would be very in-character for Siri at least, because she doesn't like Dark Magic...or Sylvia, who's always looking for another fight, or even Nic, if he feels sufficiently threatened. XD

Tangeh

Y'know, some of us should have an idiot moment and totally think that Amadeus is one of the bad guys. :p Maria (and maybe Tim) knocking some sense into the others can be a perfect parallel to the game mechanic of a party member having to talk to a recruitable character before being able to recruit them. :p I mean, it would be very in-character for Siri at least, because she doesn't like Dark Magic...or Sylvia, who's always looking for another fight, or even Nic, if he feels sufficiently threatened. XD

Thing is, Charred's last post just had Amadeus saving Luka, Nic, Siri, and Tim from two bad guys, then asking them if they were all okay. I can't imagine any of them jumping to that conclusion after witnessing that. At least not Luka, since he doesn't judge people by their appearances. Unless, since the enemy was so badly mangled, they noticed nothing until the last second and then noticed a dead person beside them? xD That would take a lot of ignoring much of Charred's post though, imo.

If anything, Sylvia - not being directly involved - may notice Amadeus obliterating somebody, recognize at least one of Luka / Nic / Siri / Tim, and wrongly jump to conclusions that he's trying to hurt them? Luka at least has already noticed Sylvia fighting on their side. Otherwise the tables could turn and they may assume Sylvia is with the opposition. xD

Very glad to have you here btw, Charred. ^^

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Nic can easily be distracted by Amadeus' work, and threat to use his dragonstone when he sees him. Luka, who always believes the best in people, apparently, can try and talk Nic out of it (Even though Nic would not go Dragon again anyway)

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Siri would only see a burst of dark magic and then a super mangled body, so she'd be freaked out definitely. Poor Amadeus, we'll get this worked out eventually lol

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Posted! Sylvia definitely started assaulting him...by hitting his face with the handle of her axe (damn you Erebus, for flying a bit too quickly). Would just cause an easily-healed cracked jaw...but nothing worse than that. <3

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
CharredDragon's post definitely helped with the end of the post I was working on, so thank you for that XD

Don't worry, Jean, I made sure Siri didn't accidentally murder Sylvia. Although, I'm sure Sylvia will have some choice words for her lol

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I should have mentioned this in the beginning but you can actually bunny Martin/Maria in terms of dialogue (although don't do it too much lol). Apologies. ._.

Welcome Charred!

And after we stop these delinquents, the twins will invite you all for dinner and ask if you want to join the army and all that before we start Chapter 2 if that's OK. I'll edit the OP with the change to the bunnying.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Nice progress everyone. I will try and post tomorrow. I do not have plans, so should not be delayed much