1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Heroes: Behold my final Fjorm! *cough*cough*cough*

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by bobjr, Feb 5, 2017.

1. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

I'm surprised there's been no special that protects from ALL damage, ranged or adjacent, but for a lower % reduction

Or shoot if you make it a tier 3 500 SP special you could keep the damage reduction. Seems like a no brainer for an exclusive skill if nothing else

2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris Hee hee...

Sorry. Too used to seeing Buckler in my barracks.

So Escutcheon/Pavise should still give Saber the DC effect, right?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  3. Dragalge

Dragalge Boltrom

Yeah it will. He’s almost a red Fjorm this way!

4. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

any special does, it's very flexible

Conditional DC is such an interesting idea and I hope they play with this more in the future

5. Psynergy

Psynergy Strong Winds Staff Member Super Mod

Conditional DC is one step closer to DC weapon refines, I can see the Sturdy Stance Ragnell already. I feel like Blue Flame Saber with a Bond skill and Special Spiral will be the way to go for an optimized build, but that's fairly expensive for a unit that most people probably haven't pulled enough to give that investment. At least it makes his innate Shield Pulse more than just a complete gimmick.

I actually think Shanna has the best refine out of the bunch but none of these are bad at all. Bartre's weapon feels a little shafted when you remember that Nephenee got an armor killer that was also a slaying weapon with Steady Posture, but a personal Hammer weapon with Fury is not that bad. I guess it's fair for a 5* exclusive to get a fancier refine, though that's definitely not consistent among all refines (poor Takumi).

6. AuraChannelerChris

Some people have said that giving Miracle to Saber with his refine would be trollish. He would have the benefits all the time and would be a hindrance with a healer nearby. It helps Maria can give that away even as a 3*.

7. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

The seals for the tempest, by the way
    Gale Dance (Speed+4 w/ Dance)
    Attack/Defense Bond
    Water Boost

The bond is the clear winner here. I like it more than others as an A Skill, but a seal opens up more options and it's in general another great seal you can throw into a team without much issue.
    Waterboost is...novel? As a reminder, it gives Res+6 in combat if your HP is 3 or higher than the opponent's. The boost skills are all pretty niche, but this one is super niche because you need to 5* and sack a Berkut to get it normally but even as a seal i don't know if I'd ever user it

Bonus units are the new banner, the new azura, Ryoma, Kinshi Hinoka and Leo. So we should be getting a banner with the latter 3 soon. Handy if you want a Hinoka!

8. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

Still hoping for that Nihil special that negates bonus damage from an opponent's special.

But since Miracle is 5 CD, that's a lot dedicated to babysitting Saber to be sure Miracle's ready every time it's needed.

Water Boost will come in handy for Arena bonus units, who can get the HP boost needed to make it work. Getting that 6 Res will help to go on the offense instead of having to rely on Distant Def.

I've got my +Atks Ryoma and Leo ready for this Tempest. Should be fun, even if Leo's stats post-boost will still suck.

Nephenee getting Steady Posture on that refine means its only working on Enemy phase. Fury refine for Bartre lets him work with either phase, which does matter for all the Bold and Vengeful running about.

9. bobandbill

bobandbill Winning Smile Staff Member Super Mod

Pretty happy about the ability to +10 free units finally. Going for a long term +10 Joshua project. I just need a spare Hector finally for distant counter for him... Only have one of each and not keen to sacrifice the only unit of each version of anyone.

Only tried the new mode now a little bit but I quite like it so far!

10. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

The units here are no mere alts. They're all the figments of Azura's subconscious created when Azura dreamed as a child.

That's quite a step up from simple holiday alts. It means Breidablik has the power to summon imaginary things and make them corporeal. No wonder Loki has her eyes on this thing.

Loki also reveals that Alfonse has the ability to open up a gateway to any realm he wants. Kinda like how Fjorm can open a gateway to Nifl, but Alfonse can use it to go literally anywhere. That, and Breidablik's newly revealed power, might be the premise for Book III.

Aether raids is actually pretty fun. Just remember to target the Aether storages in each fight; those refill your bar, and you don't win Aether back merely by winning the fight. So, if your team is fully decked out, they may crush the enemy team before you can collect Aether to keep fighting throughout the day. Bear that in mind.

11. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

that was an even weirder paralogue than I expected

12. AuraChannelerChris

Good premise, but still, too many alts.

13. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

the alts could have literally been anyone! Azura has a brief aside about siblings who love her, but you could have just had Camilla for that. I don't think she even mentions Mikoto at all.
    It should have been a 3 character banner with Mikoto, Arete, & Camilla.

14. AuraChannelerChris

I picked up units with full batches of Hero Merit feathers and once more reached the limit. I was going to promote a SPD+ HP- Fir just to complete the family tree with Bartre, Karla, and Karel, but I'm not sure if I'm that convinced with the superbane on HP, so for the time being, I promoted my SPD+ RES- M!Corrin. I'm real close to the limit but not enough to be dangerously close to it. The next TT+ will help me max out a bunch of units on Hero Merit while also getting more feathers out of it, so I'm thinking about promoting a SPD+ HP- F!Corrin just for the occasion (though I'll be aiming to promote units with exclusive refines, since they won't get any more limelight after the updates, and F!Corrin hasn't had a unique weapon yet.)

I'm sooooo making M!Corrin the best solo support unit with that refine of his.

15. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

meanwhile I promoted Lucius and...Tailtiu! on accident. I forgot, despite having her 5* as a pity breaker, that she was 5*. Whoops...oh well, I was going to mulch her other 5* to someone eventually.

I'm still jealous that you had a decent Fir. Still waiting on one. Or a draug. And I haven't pulled a florina in a while.

16. AuraChannelerChris

I'm confused about what to do with this one. SPD+ will certainly be her main boon, but the two ideal banes she has are a bit unfortunate. Her low DEF shouldn't be hit that much but it's a normal bane, while her HP is expendable but it just had to be a superbane, which makes her two defenses slightly weaker.

I do have the ideal IVs for Draug; one is SPD+, the other is ATK+, and both have RES-, but he's not being promoted until updates give him a unique weapon. I don't want to promote too early, because Raven getting Basilikos made his Brave Axe+ needing ATK+ meaningless when his unique weapon that can be customized with refines likes SPD+ better than his starting axe. I'm glad I waited and didn't promote one with ATK+ RES-.

And I also have the ideal Florina with ATK+ DEF- for her unique weapon. She's surely getting some priority from the units I can currently promote.

17. Dragalge

Dragalge Boltrom

-Def bad. +Def is a superboon and gives her much needed bulk! Go +Def, -HP like the Florina I use!

In all seriousness though, she can be a surprisingly decent tank with these IVs along with

Att/Def Bond 3 being a seal to boost this further

18. AuraChannelerChris

But her speed is too low and she'll get swatted out of the sky by so many units anyway. Better to just designate her as a very strange counter against...H!Myrrh.

(In fact, she probably wants Null-Follow Up 3 against all armors trying to use Bold Fighter on her.)

19. Dragalge

Dragalge Boltrom

Unfortunately fliers can't learn it as it's an Infantry-exclusive skill. Really wish fliers got something new but at least Infantry gets a new toy not available to armors this time.

Aether Raids are fun! With that said, I didn't realize how much of a boost my unit's stats could get in battle. Had one defense loss with this being one that took my defense team down like flies:

[​IMG]

20. AuraChannelerChris

Screw it. She'll be a designated red armor counter in Arena Assault runs.