• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

R_N

I-I don't think that was such a good idea. Saber is pretty nice now, but the new banner overlaps with the New Power one to make you decide...
it's fiiiiine, I can't see what the next banner would have for me.

Now let me take a big sip out of this novelty mug for the next 4-5 days

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Since Saber is likely to only be on Legendary banners from here on out, and the next banner probably wouldn't interest me anyway, I decided it's now or never for my collection. And, hey, more chances for a Fir or Draug!

The end result was all my orbs (88), 1 Draug (-Speed/+HP) and a 4% pity rate. Typical.
You can only get Saber as a non-focus pitybreaker! Like me when I got him as a part of a four pitybreaker streak in the Christmas banner (him along with Soleil, Marth, and Catria).

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Meanwhile I got a 5* Soleil on the free summon.

Neutral, so I’ve no qualms with making the -Atk Soleil I have a combat manual for later.

R_N

Arena quests are back and with it a reminder that these quests have levels to them and you need to clear them out to start working to the next set.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The feather limit must not be reached in full.

So after getting dangerously close to it again, I caved in and promoted my SPD+ HP- Fir. Yeah, so what if that bane is a superbane. It makes it easier for her to reach Desperation status.

And now I have the full 5* family complete. Even if Uncle Karel has a nasty case of DEF+ ATK-.

R_N

i'm at 4.25% on the Saber banner

MEANWHILE
the free pull on the Kana & Corrin banner got me a Kana. It's real give & take with this game sometimes.
My old Kana is -speed/+defense
New one is ...-attack/+speed. So that was an easy decision. I think I'll fodder her for Goad Dragons. My Tiki's been using a standard Spur Res 3 for ages, think she'll be a good fit for it. Give her the waterstone while I'm at it, just cause.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Today's free circle was nice to me.

MGfLJQI.jpg

It took over a year but I finally got my 11th and final Soren. As a bonus I even have his skill set optimized for Arena scoring with a few alternative skills to boot, Atk/Spd Bond, Close Counter, innate Watersweep, Dull Ranged, Speed Ploy, and even Drive Atk. With that I'm actually done with both Soren and Titania merges, so going to not roll green if I can avoid it for awhile, at least until they add more greens I want to build (Jill/Haar/Kieran). I've got Merric and Sheena in the works but I'm satisfied with where they're at for awhile, shifting my focus to blue free rolls to try and snag more Oscar merges.

R_N

the pity % broke

it wasn't saber. It was a Luke. A character I routinely forget is even in the 5* pool. There were 2 other red which, to add insult to injury, were a 4* Caeda & a 3* Cain.
At least I didn't have him, I guess? and he's not been reran...ever, actually, so pity breaking was his only real shot. He's also +Attack/-Res which is pretty good for him!

*sigh* I'll get you some other banner, red fjorm. Some other banner.

Actually I got curious, here are the 5* exclusive units who have never gotten any sort of rerun:
Luke

...That's it. Saber used to be in this category until literally this banner. All the other ones are recent units (brave, brave redux, half of nohrian dusk) who haven't had a chance to get a rerun. If you start excluding Legendary banners or go looking into dates and such, it'd be a longer list but that's still almost impressive. Still feel bad, though.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
the pity % broke

it wasn't saber. It was a Luke. A character I routinely forget is even in the 5* pool. There were 2 other red which, to add insult to injury, were a 4* Caeda & a 3* Cain.
At least I didn't have him, I guess? and he's not been reran...ever, actually, so pity breaking was his only real shot. He's also +Attack/-Res which is pretty good for him!
You remind me of me.

Because a long time ago, I also got pity broken by a Luke with ATK+ RES-. He now thrives in screwing sword units with Swordbreaker 3.

R_N

You remind me of me.

Because a long time ago, I also got pity broken by a Luke with ATK+ RES-. He now thrives in screwing sword units with Swordbreaker 3.
That's rough. Who were you aiming for? was it at least an on-color pity breaker? My worst fear was getting pity broken on a ring with no reds.
yeah swordbreaker seems like a nice niche. I'll probably keep Fire Boost, give him SB3 and give him an HP seal so Panic Ploy can get more use. I wanted to upgrade a HP seal for Aversa strats anyway

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Three Lukes here. It's been a ride.

This banner today I tried to get another Kana, but lo and behold, the colorless orb broke the rate and snapped me out of it. It was Hibowka, and a +Atk one at that, so I'm questioning whether to use it even with the Speed bane, or to save her for Flier Guidance or her Bond.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Luke must have an inflated rate because he also pitybroke me, twice in a row in fact when I was trying to get Leif a while ago.

As for the banner today, I got lucky and got a off banner 5 star on my free pull, so that was nice.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I've started to learn that if you want something from a banner and you get multiple orbs of that color on a banner, just pull them all in your free pull instead of taking the one of that color.

If you don't get that color then it's just whatever free something else, but more often than not I feel it's paid off.

R_N

Had 100k feathers so I upgraded Lilina & Merric

Even in the training maps Merric is just...awful. He is so bad. At least Lilina has Every Attack Point. When I get more Henry I'll give Lilina Green Tome breaker since thsoe are pretty common

Merric will...languish in my barracks, pulled out for infantry quests, HM and nothing more. He's not worth eating a breaker over when I have almost every green tome in the game to do that job and do it better. And he's sure as hell won't be getting Blue Tome Breaker.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Had 100k feathers so I upgraded Lilina & Merric

Even in the training maps Merric is just...awful. He is so bad. At least Lilina has Every Attack Point. When I get more Henry I'll give Lilina Green Tome breaker since thsoe are pretty common

Merric will...languish in my barracks, pulled out for infantry quests, HM and nothing more. He's not worth eating a breaker over when I have almost every green tome in the game to do that job and do it better. And he's sure as hell won't be getting Blue Tome Breaker.
Merric's whole shtick is to toss Growing Wind faster. Assuming he's got a boon in SPD and he has his refine working, he reaches 40 SPD. Though, frankly speaking, he's better off with Moonbow or Blazing Wind.

Problem is that he is too much of an average jack of all trades. He's like Odin in terms of stats, and Boey is just like Merric but bulkier in DEF and slower in SPD. Merric sadly lags behind many other refined heroes. Makes me think he should use Dark Excalibur instead for the extra damage.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
It's a bit easier if you do refine his weapon too as his special's count is decreased due to the slaying effect. And he hits harder too.

Still, even if he still isn't the best green mage out there, this is all better than when he lived the life as a bad pitybreaker. Hearing the stories of people getting pitybroken by -Att Merrics were a bit painful to read. I didn't suffer through that but I had it just as bad when I got pitybroken by three Sakuras, a Lachesis, and a Faye when trying for Spring Kagero as a result (who I never got).

R_N

I have so many heroes that I am absolutely never putting valuable Dew into Merric

be cast into the oblivion that is.........[T h e B e n c h ] ゴゴゴゴ