• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Zora

perpetually tired
I have other things I want to summon (namely, two dragon summoning gren mages) so I need to skip this banner for now, but I hope y'all pull enough Nailah to scare all the Veronica's away in AR.

And... Tibarn's A skill is terrifying. Absolutely terrifying.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I am very not okay with Tibarn's A skill unless it's like exclusive to beasts or something. That aside, I'm not really going to complain about powercreep too much since this is honestly not too bad in the game's current state aside from that. I am glad that they managed to add the only beast I particularly want given the all-beast approach, and the fact that Reyson is so obviously dropping if anybody drops. Truthfully I don't think a Reyson drop is really a wild thought, but I'll be rolling for one regardless and then saving the rest of my orbs for Ike at the end of the month.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Sturdy Impact doesn't come with a number like the 5 other inheritable 4th tier skills, and if it were inheritable, that would give Nailah preferential treatment despite the Tibarn hype a month ago, since that Glare is going nowhere.

Jury's still out on this one but I'm on Camp PRF for now.

Zora

perpetually tired
The thing is that Steady Impact has that golden border only fourth tier skills has. I mean, I guess having Tibarn learn death blow 3 *then* steady impact, which he can only use, is theoretically possible but I'm not entirely sure why IS would do that.

I'm unfortunately thinking it's not a prf, with the justification being that most units that use death blow probably wouldn't get much use out steady impact's secondary effects anyway. E.g., someone like Reinhardt can maybe benefit from extra defense (he's actually pretty tanky though) and absolutely benefit from canceling out the inevitable follow-up attack, but most of the time the unit would be dead before they'd attack anyway. Firesweep users have no business using this skill when death blow 4 is almost always better, unless they're that concerned about C-Disrupt or something.

Edit: I don't like this logic, but I can see IS using this logic to tell themselves this skill is okay to be inheritable.

R_N

Sturdy Impact doesn't come with a number like the 5 other inheritable 4th tier skills, and if it were inheritable, that would give Nailah preferential treatment despite the Tibarn hype a month ago, since that Glare is going nowhere.

Jury's still out on this one but I'm on Camp PRF for now.
Have there been any PRF skills that have a blinding yellow golden border and reuse another skill's icon wholesale?

I think the logic behind tibarn is his hype is having this crazy inheirtable skill to get you to keep pulling for your husbando

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Tibarn also looks to be a heavy player phase unit, but he is weak to bows and might not actually be that defensive in the first place.

Zora

perpetually tired
Tibarn also looks to be a heavy player phase unit, but he is weak to bows and might not actually be that defensive in the first place.

We actually know his defense is 34, since the trailer glanced over the flying Laguz' stats. His only real issue is 31 speed, and I'm not sure if 34 def is quite enough to take two hits (and definitely not from archers), but generally 34 feels on the higher end of things.

Edit: here are his stats:
MOJ3zIX.png

(here is the full screenshot showing youtube video and all)

R_N

We actually know his defense is 34, since the trailer glanced over the flying Laguz' stats. His only real issue is 31 speed, and I'm not sure if 34 def is quite enough to take two hits (and definitely not from archers), but generally 34 feels on the higher end of things.

Edit: here are his stats:
MOJ3zIX.png

(here is the full screenshot showing youtube video and all)
Is this 181 bst

Zora

perpetually tired
Is this 181 bst

no. The attack includes weapon might and even attack wave. Taking off 23 (-14 for weapon might, -3 for weapon effect, -6 for attack wave) and it should be 164 bst I believe.

Edit: I originally said 167 bst. IT's 164, i forgot his weapon gave +3 attack that's counted separately from weapon might.

Last edited:

R_N

no. The attack includes weapon might and even attack wave. Taking off 20 (-14 for weapon might, -6 for attack wave) and it should be 167 bst I believe.
Oh thank god I was going to be like intsys what no dont make beasts armor bst too

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Have there been any PRF skills that have a blinding yellow golden border and reuse another skill's icon wholesale?

Not exactly, though there have been PRF refine skills that co-opted existing assets. Golden Dagger's Distant Counter, all the Wo Dao PRF refines share the same asset iirc.

I'm just looking at Steady Stance 4, and how that took over Guard's duties, and seeing how they could have called this skill of Tibarn's "Sturdy Blow 4" to show that the skill can be tossed around while still giving it Breaker abilities. Steady Stance 4 was recent, no reason to immediately break mold.

Also, for what it's worth, everyone can learn the Hone and Fortify X # skills, but only certain class types can upgrade to Hone and Fortify Type skills. Perhaps Steady Impact can be restricted to Beast Units.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I really want to get the beast units, but knowing my luck I won't be getting any of them...

R_N

New update's up and thus, so are all the new refines!
Tyrfing's new refine effect is "At start of combat, if unit HP >= 50% grants: <the miracle effect>". The special refine is Attack/Defense bond.
Naga's new refine effect updates Def/Res+2 to Def/Res+4. The special refine is if you are fighting a dragon gets rid of adpative damage, wrathful staff and lets Julia attack regardless of range.
Divine Naga's new refine effect adds the ability to ignore adaptive damage. The special refine is "At start of combat, if unit's res >= foe's Res+3, grants Attack/Spd/Def/Res+3 during combat"

Tailtiu's new tome, Tome of Thoron, has the effect of At start of turn, if unit's HP <= 75% & unit triggers Special, grants Special cooldown count-1 and deals +10 damage when special triggers. her special refine is Darting Blow 3

seliph stay losing but Julia cancelling Wrathful Staff seems like a weird oversight.

e: Ah, apparently the Wrathful Staff thing was an error in localization. It's not there in the Japanese text.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Julia ends up being the winner all because she gains Close Counter against dragons trying to outsmart her at one space away. She can actually run Vantage 3 against them.

I can't say much about Tailtiu's new weapon. She was basically the better Blarblade+ user without having to refine Odin's tome, unless she can now work on two different sets using the same IVs. Eh, I think she got it good as well.

Seliph exploits his absolutely tanky stats with those effects, but I still think his father outranks him even without a refine.

Deirdre's refine only works really well if she's got a RES+ IV. Having a SPD+ IV can be a disadvantage.

By the way, upgrade your Aether Fountain before the reset tonight. So you can get up to 70 aether per day.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
It should be noted that Seliph's Miracle is an upgrade of the traditional Miracle. Even beyond not needing a cooldown timer, the game checks for his HP before combat starts.

Seliph can be slammed by a Swordbreaker Reinhardt and tank every single hit, as long as his HP is above 50% before the barrage begins and never hits 1 in the middle of it. He'll be great for stall teams in AR and such.

R_N

It should be noted that Seliph's Miracle is an upgrade of the traditional Miracle. Even beyond not needed a cooldown timer, the game checks for his HP before combat starts.

Seliph can be slammed by a Swordbreaker Reinhardt and tank every single hit, as long as his HP is above 50% before the barrage begins.
It only activates once per combat. I am pretty sure this still results in a kill by Reinhardt once you factor in DB3, horse buffs and special procs.

Actually let's see. We'll assume neutral Rein w/ DB3, no buffs, no special vs +Res Seliph w/ Miraclfing (so 50 HP, 25 res)
56-25=31 damage per pop
So 31
31, miracle
31, dead

Like being able to survive a non-sword breaker rein is cool, I guess? But a 1 HP seliph isn't going to accomplish much. And if anyone, literally anyone or anything, is near by to help out (either softening seliph first or a dancer or just another character nearby to clea up) well...