• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

R_N

If only I could give Arden Steady Impact.

Just imagine

Granted that's predicated on getting not one but two Tibarns but imagine

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I pulled Reyson and Tibarn in the same circle.

If only I hadn't spent 250 orbs before that with nothing to brag about but Dream Camilla.

R_N

At 100k again, so I promoted Naesala and Seth.

I've got 13 more characters to promote but considering I've been keeping 60k in the bank for Draug, Fir & Florina...I just need 200,000 more feathers!
Honestly getting Nailah so quickly kind of neutered my ability to fish for blues. And despite all the colorless pulls I've been doing, I have gotten nothing but trash Rebeccas.

Incidentally my current list is Fir, Draug, Florina, Jakob, Klein, Leon, Rebecca, Abel, Cordelia, Catria, Cordelia, Marth, Mae & Boey. I've got ideal Jakob, Klein, Leon, & Boey.
I was clearing out barrack space so I went ahead and took stock of the 4-5* pool. The incredibly paltry 4-5* pool. Twelve units. It's horrid. I've got 5 of those in 5* (Shigure, Silas, Ares, Tailtiu & Soleil) already. I do have ideal Silvia, Sothe, Legault, Morgan-M & L'Arachel, but those are way on the backburner since they're still in the pity-breaker zone.

Really though 12 units. It's god awful. 2018 brought a whopping 10 units out of the 120 it added (11 if we count Kaze, the SOLE 3-4* addition since launch). If they do a mass demotion they have to drag some 5*s with them. The 5* pool desperately needs pruning and they can't do a half measure of sending them to the 4-5* pool since that wont fix anything.

Here's what I'd do:
  • From Launch...everyone but Hector. Since there's no way they let people have easy access to Distant Counter. For reference this would be Azura, Elise, Hinoka, Leo, Linde (yes yes the irony kills me too), Lucina, Lyn, Minerva, Ryoma, Takumi, Tiki(Y). All of these units are still okay, but several were mediocre at launch, much less in 2019. Almost all of them also have shiny, newer, better versions available. Brave Lucina & Brave Lyn, Bow Hinoka, Legendary Azura/Lucina/Lyn/Ryoma/Tiki-Y. Shoot the only one here who hasn't even had a seasonal is Minerva (YET). And none of them have skills that should keep them with Hector. Hone fliers should have been in the 4* pool since launch, Aether is available via promoting Chrom, Close Counter is way more niche than Distant (and they already gave away a free takumi to everyone....), and so on. And it's 2019, we have free-ish access to Swift Sparrow YOU CAN LET US HAVE QUICK RIPOSTE 3. More than anything else I think this is non-negotiable: drop these units to the 3-4* pool, their time is over
  • From 2017's units...well ideally I'd say everyone but that's greedy. I'll put a cut off to the Brave Units (which will never drop). From that pool I would absolutely 100% drop Julia, Eldigan, Olwen, Sanaki, Jaffar, Karel, Faye, Mist, Katarina, Luke, Gray, Saber, Innes.
  • And, yes, I'd drop Celica, Ephraim & Ike, who both have brave variants AND legendary variants, too Well Celica doesnt have a legend (yet), but she has 2 alts in the pool so off with her head.
  • Alm I don't think should be in the 5* pool but I don't know, something tells me they'd keep him there. Even though it's a seal, I think they would want to keep Tana for Guidance. And They will never let a trainee armor with armor march in the 4* pool, so Amelia is out. Delthea & Sonya feel 5* to me, as arbitrary as that sounds. I also think that Wrathful (& Dazzling) staff as skills are seen as important enough to keep Genny in the 5* pool.
  • Ninian I can go either way. If Reyson gets demoted, I think Ninian has a good chance as well...but it's possible they put more importance on dragons than beasts.
  • I don't think any 2018 units will be touched, but I do think that Nina, Lene, Leif, & Mikoto should've dropped to begin with

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Mikoto will never drop because of Infantry Pulse. That skill is way too precious.
Infantry Rush. =p And honestly it’s really not that great of a skill to begin with. If anything, it’s probably them not wanting Flash+ to be more common (despite us just being able to finally have a skill that nullifies the effect).

R_N

Yeah Infantry Rush is one of those skills that are interesting, but not amazing. It gives Heavy Blade to Infantry Allies within 2 spaces. We already have the Heavy Blade seal andif Ike Drops that's even more reason to let the skill hang out with its peers.

Infantry Rush. =p And honestly it’s really not that great of a skill to begin with. If anything, it’s probably them not wanting Flash+ to be more common (despite us just being able to finally have a skill that nullifies the effect).
Yeah between the new skills (pretty sure there's another in the datamine that's the dazzling version of mystic boost, maybe for the dark hero?) and competition with Gravity & Pain, I think Flash being more common would be fine.

And the thing with Adrift is they'd need to let something good drop, which is probably the (stupid!) reason they didn't. Corrin-F has a 300 SP dual rally, Corrin-M has Null Follow Up (& arguably the Hone Dragon), & Camilla is still a flying mage with a full skill set. I'd take any of those but Mikoto seems the mroe underwhelming of them.

Also I would have said Maribelle should drop, since I think we can all agree Trilemma is another of those "interesting but" skills and the Valors are not important, but I maintain intsys still sees the standalone Wrathful & Dazzling skills as top commodity skills and always will

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
At the end of the day, IS definitely sees Infantry Rush as a premium skill and its counterpart Infantry Flash actually is that good, so it would probably be weird to have either of them easily accessible. Adrift was also technically a special banner that could also be counted as a mixed game banner. The only time we've had drops on banners with characters from technically different games was Soleil on Children of Fate (they sort of treat BR and CQ as different games), but Adrift was this weird in-between of regular banner and seasonal, and they've never dropped a non-alt version of a character (Mikoto is "technically" an alt here). Adrift was a mess though and we all know this already.

Also I think dropping Sumia should've happened even if Maribelle was too premium, she has some rare skills but nothing on her kit is really even that desirable since few units want links, Close Def is much better in the seal slot, and Reprisal Lance is just a "neat" weapon. At least they gave us the blue Reposition fodder eventually.

Zora

perpetually tired
i want faye to be in the 5* pool still. Because accessible firesweep BLyn would be terrible and would become a staple alongside Veronica. At least wait until a free unit or a demote or a seal has Null C Disrupt before doing that.

Honestly, if they drop all launch units, I feel Hector should drop too. Keep DC at 5* locked so there's a feather requirement. The game is an awkward spot where so many players have gotten and foddered DC already that it needs to be balanced as if DC is everywhere, but because it is 5* locked it isn't actually everywhere. I'd much rather just make DC accessible and have the game's meta balanced around punishing DC units, such as Flora's playstyle, so DC isn't seen as the 'obvious' A skill.

Edit: I'll add that Adrift didn't get a demote for the same reason Fallen Heroes didn't. It's really a special heroes banners whose units happen to be integrated into the standard pool, so it's classified as a new heroes banner. Mikoto is definitely the weakest pull on her banner, but she does have great skills regardless.

R_N

. I'd much rather just make DC accessible and have the game's meta balanced around punishing DC units, such as Flora's playstyle, so DC isn't seen as the 'obvious' A skill.
Maybe some sort of...ranged weapon....that can attack without fear of retaliation....

Zora

perpetually tired
Maybe some sort of...ranged weapon....that can attack without fear of retaliation....

Something like that. Ideally Sacae's Blessing would be worked into a seal (under a different name), but realistically we'll get an inheritable Sacae's Blessing first. Sturdy Impact, when inherited on characters like Bownoka, is really just a way to help deal with DC.

Edit: and if Faye is demoted, Firesweep bow works for bow users.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Thanks to the AR extension period, I BARELY managed to make it to Tier 19.

I'm...surely not going to go above that because of 6-hero teams and horrible matchmaking against teams sporting 5*+10 heroes. IS, I'm not a god.

Zora

perpetually tired
I'm at tier 18. Gonna try to stay parked here and when light season rolls back around, make a blitz for T19.

Unless my new defense setup is solid, I'll probably comfortably break even, which is fine by me.

R_N

I was 50 off from the next tier and 3 aether from anothe run that would get me that lift.
Feels bad, but I probably couldn't stay long in tier 19 anyway.

AND forgot to do arena assault this week. Typical. My feathers!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I scored my own Winter Fae, who unfortunately has HP+ ATK-. Eh, the ATK refine can almost patch that flaw, but still, she's absolutely nuts as a durable armor.

I'll annoy people by giving her Atk/Def Bond 3 and replace Armor March with Threaten Atk 3.

Why the hell is she running Luna instead of Bonfire or Ignis.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I could have climbed to AR 20 this week but I forgot we had an extra day this week and didn't take the initiative to abuse light blessings further, so I didn't play as carefully as I should have. We now have 70 Aether per day now though as well as my Ike getting a boost during Earth/Light season so I'll just wait until the next time I can abuse that. Also if this month's Mythic Hero is Dark Blessing Staff Micaiah then I will totally roll for that just to reduce lift loss on defense. Provided the gacha gods are kind to me while sniping for Ikes, of course.

R_N

I'm glad everyone is on the Dark Micaiah/Yune train so we can all collectively be derailed by Red Armored Zelgius as the dark hero.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm glad everyone is on the Dark Micaiah/Yune train so we can all collectively be derailed by Red Armored Zelgius as the dark hero.

Please we already have 2 legendary reds and no legendary/mythic colorless confirmed for this month don't do this.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The feather limit is almost at hand, and I don't have choices that seem smart to promote as none of them have gotten exclusive refines.

So I'll have to bite by promoting that DEF+ ATK- 3* Azama, merge the 4*+8 Azama into him, and then promote him to 5*.