• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I can just see an FB dialogue where Nolan is constantly calling Anna out for the hooks and angles she's going for in some business venture and putting her in her place.

A dialogue where Edward is laying his soul bare on his path to power with Alfonse and what it means to him would not go remiss either.

Also Jorge ranked so high because someone let loose hundreds of bots to vote for him in CYL to see what would happen.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Yet again, the feather limit is reached.

This time, I gave Galeforce to L!Eirika and gave her Pass 3 while sometimes equipping Quickened Pulse. She's currently waiting for the moment to strike twice to defend my aether base.

KillerDraco

So Round 2 is going to be Julius vs. Idunn, and Hardin vs. Grima. For those who aren't invested and don't care who wins, Julius is probably the least popular so you'd be most likely to be able to bolster your personal score feather gain the most on him.

Can anyone give me a couple pointers on how to spend my flags wisely in this new VG format? Because after reading about the ballots and all, I’m still confused on how to get the most out of my flags.

Use 'em or lose 'em. Much like Conquest Lances, they regenerate one per hour but if you're at max, then you don't get any more. So it's kind of complicated. Ideally you'd want to use them on a Weaker Round, but you're literally just wasting ballots if you sit on 8 without using them. So sometimes if you know you're not gonna be able to play for a while, it helps to just dump a bunch of ballots so they can regenerate while you're unable to play.

For example, I burn ~6 ballots before going to sleep so they'll regenerate over the hours that I sleep. Or, if I know I won't be able to check my phone for a while, I'll burn that many ballots (i.e, gonna be busy for 3 hours, burn 3 ballots). They don't do you any good sitting at a full 8 without using them. Tracking multipliers helps to know when to burn them, but if you can't hunt down the multipliers, at least the new Endurance Bonus gives you a little extra for your score.

R_N

Can anyone give me a couple pointers on how to spend my flags wisely in this new VG format? Because after reading about the ballots and all, I’m still confused on how to get the most out of my flags.
we might need to wait on how all the math shakes out but it's probably about the same as before, just now you can stockpile a super multiplier for the final push.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
In Idunn's case, she's forever stuck in endurance, so the ideal times to waste the most flags is during the last 8 hours.

I don't think you should waste 8 ballots at the start of the last 8 hours, though. I think it's far more profitable to use an hour with 100 flags so that you can use a much higher multiplier during those 8 hours with full ballots, and then you'll be set. If not, you'll still accumulate a lot of points.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Thanks you guys. I think I'm getting the hang of this now.

And was not expecting a Feh Channel this early. Especially in the second round of the VG. 14 minutes-ish sounds nice for hopefully some good info (and Feh herself has improved on not dragging the beginning lately which helps too).

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So they demoted just a little handful of units, and any 5* hero before book 2...has been retired from newer and special banners.

Reminder that Mist still is a freaking 5* outside those banners. Well, at least she won't pity break anyone in the new stuff.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Some of the old pity breakers are good because of the refines they got. Since this game isn't kind on giving orbs away, that's going to screw so many people that will probably force them to spend more money for orbs, which is something Nintendo (apparently) wants to stop from happening too much (unless they meant Dragalia Lost only). Who knows if they ever regulated that.

Brace yourselves. The dislikes are starting to amass quickly.

Last edited:

R_N

The demotion thing makes me so mad it almost makes me just want to drop the game

What a trash decision

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
As for the remaining pitybreakers in new banners...

Red: A!Camilla, B!Celica, F!Celica, SM!Eirika, E!Chrom, Flora, Idunn, Karla, Keaton, Laegjarn, Laevatain, Leif, Lene, YT!Olivia, Owain, WT!Reinhardt, Siegbert, Tibarn, Zelgius.

Blue: AM!Corrin, B!Hector, Hardin, Ishtar, Kliff, Micaiah, F!Morgan, Nailah, Ophelia, Quan, Selkie, Shiro, Sumia, Thea, Ylgr.

Green: AF!Corrin, B!Ephraim, M!Grima, Helbindi, Kaden, F!Kana, Lewyn, Lugh, Myrrh, SF!Nino, WT!Olwen, Rhajat, Sue, Surtr.

Colorless: B!Veronica, WF!Hinoka, Leanne, Loki, Maribelle, Mikoto, Nina, Velouria.

...Well, there's a few of these that don't shine well enough. Mikoto is the new Mist.

Where are my third GHB Elite missions, IS.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
On one hand, getting LnD 3 and Att Tactic 3 fodder will be even easier to get without getting pitybroken by Sothe and Legault at five stars (and thus helps out the colorless pool a bit). With that said, if they were to demote the 1st gen units while shoving other units like Raigh, Oboro, etc into a separate pool using medals to summon, that would have been much more ideal for everyone. Still, I guess I can't complain too much on less pitybreakers. Weird that I would want a pitybreaker when summoning for a focus unit!

R_N

I treated myself to a mass promotion to help take the edge off, at least.
Morgan-M, Silvia, L'Arachel, Sothe, Legault & Nanna. Between them and the 5*s I already had, Libra is the only one of the new demotes I don't have promoted.
I do have several Libras but I need to decide if I want to boost his speed or one of his defenses and, if one of those, which one.

I'll just add Libra to my stockpile in the meantime. I'm down to 75k feathers and 80k is being saved for Fir, Marth, Catria & Cordelia.

KillerDraco

See, I'm kinda torn on the summoning update change.

On one hand, I do like that there's fewer pity breakers. Considering I got pity broken by Lucina, Ryoma, and Leo recently, I'm content to have the old powercreeped to hell 5* not breaking my rate. Since let's face it; this change only affects the "New Hero" and "Special Hero" banners, and on either of those you don't want pity breakers, aside from a few exceptions (Hector, Brave Ike, etc.) And at least they're still there for Skill banners, Tempest Banners, etc.

That said... the option to demote was RIGHT THERE. It would've solved the same issue, while still making heroes more accessible for people to get their favorites. Most of the old 5* heroes are so bad that the Meta would be relatively unaffected if they dropped to 4*, so it's not like people having access is necessarily a bad thing. It feels like they had the right basic idea but chose a more cumbersome path that was the opposite of what most everyone was asking for.

R_N

What they should have done, if they insisted on soft-retirement was:
-retire some X (ideally large) current 3-4* units
-Demote an equivalent number of 5* exclusive Book 1 units
-Then on the "other" banners, just add the 3-4* units back in or swap the pools entirely.

We get rid of some cruft on both ends, we get new units & skills to play with, there's still added incentive to draw on both banner types and you don't risk putting Hector in the 3-4* pool!

i would much rather get dozens of Lucinas, Julias, Ephraims and Innesses than even more god damn Raighs, Bartres, Oboros & [any dang colorless]. & i'm sure a ton of people would, both veteran players like us and newbies!

e: I would ironically have to wait even longer for proper Firs, marth, catria & cordelias but this is a risk I'm willing to take.