• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
H!Dozla trounced his own lady. People are really disgusted by the result.
That’s hilarious that he managed to pull a Barst and win despite being vastly outnumbered by his opponent. I think I even remember one saying how they didn’t need to update the VG tracker because of how Tibarn kept crushing Barst every hour. That didn’t age well!

R_N

I threw a few orbs at the legendary banner (I did a full circle when it first came out, then another 9 or so) and got an Alm! very pleased. +Attack/-Defense is a pretty good nature, too.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Behold, the unlisted trailer!

EDIT:

Tethys screams demote, which would make colorless a little better.

Gerik finally introduces Firesweep Axe...and it's so not going to demote, so it's totally locked at 5*. Damn, this guy is carrying a lot of HP-based skills that would make Marisa proud.

Young Roy-lookalike Ewan screams demote and introduces Rauorserpent for reds.

The duo that screws Lyon from pairing up with Eirika is absolute carnage on lance, and they give 3-movement range to themselves and to allies adjacent to them. Since Duo Skills can't be used for AI units, we're not dealing with that crap against foes. Even though they're not seasonal, the notice says they may or may not appear in other banners...so no getting pity broken by them in other banners.

Shonen Hero Ross (not the store) seems to be a Brave Axe user.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
After three years Firesweep Axe+ is finally in.

We also get Ross as the auto-demote this time making it three Greens in total for demotes of that color.

Edit: The notice says how the Ephraim + Lyon might not be in future ones a’la seasonals. Guess they really want to limit these Duo Heroes in a way.

R_N

Behold, the unlisted trailer!

EDIT:

Tethys screams demote, which would make colorless a little better.

Gerik finally introduces Firesweep Axe...and it's so not going to demote, so it's totally locked at 5*. Damn, this guy is carrying a lot of HP-based skills that would make Marisa proud.

Young Roy-lookalike Ewan screams demote and introduces Rauorserpent for reds.

The duo that screws Lyon from pairing up with Eirika is absolute carnage on lance, and they give 3-movement range to themselves and to allies adjacent to them. Since Duo Skills can't be used for AI units, we're not dealing with that crap against foes. Even though they're not seasonal, the notice says they may or may not appear in other banners...so no getting pity broken by them in other banners.

Shonen Hero Ross (not the store) seems to be a Brave Axe user.
If its between Tethys and Ewan it's absolutely Tethys. She brings a weapon already in the game (which also, incidentally, is probably when they noticed the error on The Cleaner's description after all this time) and one of her skills is dagger exp. The other one is just a standard bond skill, one of the least used ones probably and bonds for a while have been kind of devalued. we have almost the full set as seals and on grail units at 4*. Now that we have tier 4 bonds, it's very easy to see it finally join things like the Pushes as "we're done treating these as valuable"

In contrast Ewan comes with a new tome and more importantly a new Sabotage. Even if he does seem pitifully weak (seriously 11 damage? on a showcase attack? Even against WTD that's...bad....), all the Sabotages are rare and useful. There's only one other in the permanent pool and that's Selkie. The other 2 sabotages are on a seasonal and Yune.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Didn’t think they’d get the update out so early in the morning...

Everyone has great refines though!

Gordin gets a Prf Brave Bow that has basically 13 Mt due to the -Att/Def penalty it gives to the opponent. Also helps with team support a bit too.

Athena gets built-in Desperation in addition to keeping the Wo Dao effect. This means she can run something like Null Follow-Up or Wrath for her B slot.

Subaki’s is interesting. First, Golden Naginata gets a Sagittae effect of giving him +3 to all his stats if the enemy’s Att is higher in addition to a Slaying effect. On top of that, if his health is above 70%, he deals +7 damage.

F!Kana’s the winner here imo. Sun Dragonstone gives her Spectrum Stance/Blow if the opponent attacks or lacks any Hone/Fortify buffs. The additional effect is Lull Att/Spd 3. Once we get Lull Def/Res, she can always activate her weapon with great stats.

As for Ross & Cormag...

Ross has an Att superboon with Smite, Fire Boost (4*), and Threaten Def (5*). Cormag has a Slaying Lance+ with Ignis, Dull Close (4*), and Def Opening (5*).

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Subaki works with his pathetic low Atk stat, as rarely there will EVER be a unit with less than 44 Atk. Now it's a question of whether you want him with his super asset on Atk to reach 41, increase his Spd to 38 to augment his defensive capabilities (QR3 lets him double when he's just average on Spd), or increase Def to make him into a tank.

Gordin is pretty sweet. He obviously wants an Atk asset to hit 44 Atk. Give him Death Blow 3 and his refine, and he'll easily hit 54 Atk (55 Atk if you give him his first 30 Dragonflowers). Buffs and debuffs make him deadlier. He's pretty much Klein without the random support of inflicting Chill Def 3 on a random target.

Athena is insane. Desperation in the weapon slot frees her B slot for things like Wrath 3 to add up to +20 true damage on top of the Special. A Spd asset is the way to go to hit 41.

Kana is good, though she suffers from being 5*-locked.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
These refines are weird in that they're all pretty good refines and yet not amazing at the same time? None of these refines are really motivating towards building these units if you weren't already considering them, but they all just make them better units if you are. I did go ahead and give Athena one of the Wrath fodders I've been holding onto for over a year though since I already had her at +10, maybe not worth the investment for how much I use her but it'll be a nice boost for her.

The annoying thing about Athena's refine though is that it's pretty underwhelming unless you're willing to give her some nice skills, since there's no really good accessible B slot options for her that aren't just Desperation. Having free Desperation is definitely cool, but it's not winning her any awards. I guess for a 3-4* unit though that's not a bad thing. The awkward part is that the unit who originally powercrept her, Mia, could get a refine as early as next month and she's got a 19 Mt Wo Dao already. So that'll be fun.

R_N

And sure enough Python is now in the 4* pool;

he'll probably be a great merge project

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
And Silque got locked at 5*. Dammit.
Did you really think Dazzling Staff & Melancholy+ would be more accessible? Like I get Staff Exp exists but those two aforementioned skills are too good.

Tickets got me my first Valbar and Ephraim!

...Brave Ephraim. Free Special Fighter fodder is still good I suppose.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Did you really think Dazzling Staff & Melancholy+ would be more accessible? Like I get Staff Exp exists but those two aforementioned skills are too good.
Oh, goodie. Dazzling Staff for the healers with unimpressive stats. They're going to get sooo broken, I swear.

Really, Dazzling Staff just makes a staff unit more viable, but in no way game-breaking. Its value has gone down just because the staff units people get nowadays pale a lot in comparison to other units.

EDIT:

Third ticket gave me a neutral Sirius.

...And regardless, this guy is still busted as all hell. Default 50 Atk and Spd 37 become 63 Atk and 50 Spd by just being alone. He is like the lance cavalier version of F!F!Corrin.

After that, nothing. I was only sniping for the duo, but I guess it wasn't meant to be...so I'm exploiting Masked Zeke for all he's worth by probably giving him Galeforce just to exploit his accelerated Special cooldown. Ha ha.

Last edited:

R_N

me like 2 weeks ago, actively lying to myself: i wont try pulling for halloween jakob

I got him, +Attack/-Speed AND i have a Hardin ready to thrown into the mulcher.
Time to become just a little more cancerous

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Against all odds, I free summoned Ephraim, looooool. +Spd -Def but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

I did drop another 40 orbs though, and got Owain and Nah, so this was a nice haul. Ewan will have to wait I suppose.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
New calendar is up.

AATUPhAAAAH4.jpg

It seems one of those two "New Heroes Summoning Event" is the next Brave Redux...while the other may be another "bizarre" episode, or maybe both are special paralogue episodes tying to the next book?

Ha ha. Distant Counter banner. Will Hector appear?

No Grand Conquests spotted...or Hall of Forms either. Ugh.

@Psynergy will be overjoyed to know he will get his free Haar merge.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
This is just impatience talking but I really wish the BHB repeat and Haar repeat were switched because it's been way too long for this repeat to come. At least it's finally time though.

I'm mostly certain that the New Heroes banners will be Brave Redux Redux and the start of Book 4 respectively, but also desperately hoping they don't just make the first banner a Book 3 OCs banner and push Brave Redux Redux to December. I don't think that'll be the case since they've been consistently starting the new books in December but we'll find out what the situation is in about a week.

If that TT unit is Shinon though my grail count is going to suffer immensely. You'd think 1720 grails is a lot but 2700 to +10 a TT unit is so painful.

R_N

If I'm reading the chart correctly, the next New Heroes doesnt have a forging bonds but the one after it does. I am guessing the next one is either a "weird" one or something akin to the Muspell Generals banner or maybe the Surtr/Ylfg banner if Lif is Mythical and they want to give out Gustav & Henriette while the one paired with a Forging Bonds is for Brave Redux

I'm curious if either of these will add an "extra" unit like they've been doing. I was going to say that if it was a Book 3 banner, (whether that's Lif/Hell/Gustav/Henriette orr just the latter 2) that there'd be no one to add....but this would actually be an interesting way to sneak Bruno in since his base kit is so lackluster these days and dude is toootally getting a super alt as "Zachiaras" or something down the line. Veronica would also be interesting choice, since we already paired up with her AND she has a super version of herself as Thrasir. Kind of funny to start drawing either of them as 3-4*s, though, so maybe not.
Doing it on Brave redux, I could see it as a way of sneaking in a runner up who they maybe didn't want to deck to the nines. But that's dependent on their criteria.

Here's a "Top 100 left" update since we're so close and we've actually got a number of these since the last time I did this
For the gents:
14 Bruno
16 Lif
85 Nils
86 Shinon
90 Rath

Notable gets: Conrad (84), Cormag (92), Python (100).
Book 3 ended this month and we have a Mythical to get to so Lif being a mythical to pair with Thrasir would make sense. At that point it's just a question of what to do with Bruno. Will they ignore the OCs this time (unlike Loki), sneak him in earlier, make him swole on the skillset? Either way I dont think we're getting BOTH Lif & Bruno so Nils from the men's division seems like a hard lock (power crept Ninian anyone?), just a question of how Shinon gets lucky or not.

For the ladies:
5 Anna (Awakening)
23 Louise
52 Jill
56 Rinea
58 Severa
65 Rinkah
66 Anna (Fates)
67 Illyana
68 Hel
74 Charlotte
77 Lilith
79 Selena (SS)
99 Mila

The only definitive get here is Thrasir (35). Hel is in no risk of being in this banner and she's a literal god so she's definitely going to be on a Mythic sooner or later.
Since we got seasonal & normal Sigrun in the same year I don't think they'll consider normal Louise as off limits. I dont think Rinea or ILlyana would either, but they're also too far from the top to get in unless they skip out on Anna.
Now Anna, the question is would they want an alt like this (even if she's rooted in a specific game) on the BR type banners. She's #5 over all, she's literally a runner up to the entire CYL3 poll, so just ignoring her would be kind of crazy though.
I think if they did add Anna & Louise, Jill would be a great candidate for the "free" 3-4* unit, if they were to do that this banner.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
While I am wary (and paranoid) of the very real possibility of the next banner being a Book 3 OCs banner, my issue with it is that there's no way to make a good banner out of it since every Book 3 OC is green or presumed green except Lif, and it's safe to assume Lif or Hel (or both) will be Mythic or Legendary. Henriette is holding a green tome in her art so she's presumably a green mage, and then Gustav and Hel are both axes, so I doubt they will do a banner with all these since that makes the chances of pulling a green focus way too good. I also don't think we'll see 2 unit banners again since the Surtr/Ylgr banner was a disaster for IS, way too easy to +10 a unit without heavy spending.

Personally, I think Henriette and Gustav will be ignored and not added immediately, while Hel and Lif will take slots on Mythic banners, or even Legendary in the case of Lif. Alternatively they make Lif steal a Farfetched spot from the male side, since there's no rule saying Lif must be a Mythic just because Thrasir was (see: Male Grima) so I can see that happening here. I also don't think there's a way to make a feasible Tempest Trials with a Book 3 theme if there's a Tempest banner as well, so it just makes the most sense to me that these banners are Farfetched and Book 4 respectively.