• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

R_N

I got a Legendary Celica out of the tickets (the christmas banners gave nothing) and I also threw an extra 4 orbs at a red and got a Reginn. not bad!

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
After a 10.00% pity rate, I got a +Def, -Att Reginn that I manualed. Also went ahead and did the remaining amount of summons on the new Christmas banner for the spark although instead of W!Hilda, a Fallen Berkut pitybroke me instead who I also manualed.

Not sure whether to get another Duo Altina for fodder (even if figuring out who likes Att/Res Unity the most is difficult alongside one of the two other skills) or Sephiran.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
New feature for Aether Raids got announced out of the blue, adding a whole new set of tiers above 28 for those that hit Tiers 27 and 28 in early January. It's basically like the Great Summoner tier in standard Arena, only with more tiers to play around in. If your score falls below the threshold to hit the highest tier, 38, you plummet all the way back to Tier 23 next week, similar to how if you can't stay in Great Summoner, you're back in Tier 20.

However, Tier 23 is not tier the typical tier everyone starts at right now, 21; those who get into the Vault, but then drop out, have an 800 point advantage over the others to get back in the next week.

This feature will help section off the super competitive players in AR, those that will regularly smash the score caps, and gives them a cozy tier to play in and reap bundles of rewards. Those below them, the ones that cruise around tiers 21-27, meanwhile, won't have to continuously fight these super competitive players' crazy/auto-win Defense setups as they go up the tiers, so they benefit as well.

On another note, the next Tempest Trials login bonus starts on the reset after next. So, the silhouettes for the New Years units will be tonight, and the trailer proper will be tomorrow.

R_N

I'm not surprised they did this, I've seen people realy into AR (which would include the whales anyway) who were disappointed in the changes (& AR for a while i ngeneral) so I'm glad we have a new playpin for them that doesn't really effect anyone else.

Rework arena so it does the same thing. Cast the chroms & edelgards of the world into the abyssal vault

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'd actually say the recent changes were not actually that F2P friendly either because if you keep making a mode easier and easier, that reduces the importance of player skill and increases the importance of just raw mythic merge levels to rank well. Resonant Battles are a very extreme case of this, after they nerfed everything about it the only thing that really matters is if you bother to actually put in the effort to perfect clear the map, and your access to harmonics for the week.

These changes feel like a very direct response to top level AR players being very unhappy with the recent changes though. Apparently a number of whales were actually quitting over this, and top scoring player names also reflected this discontent, so these changes may have actually been costing them in the short term more than they were expecting. I think these new changes are greater in the end than if nothing was changed to AR though, it maintains making things less stressful for players who don't like AR that much while keeping the competitive aspect for higher level players, so I'm all for it. If this is also increasing our overall reward gain too then this seems like a good deal, my only hesitation is if this will making rank rewards harder but I imagine those will get reworked a bit too.

And oh ok I guess we're just skipping silhouettes outright then, more OCs on New Years is not surprising but putting the last year's units on the banner is very sneaky. I guess 2020 seasonal units aged far better than past years in terms of skills and unit quality so this is probably ok, but I wonder how they'll do this for seasonals that don't seem to have a consistent theme like the Pirate stuff. New units seem fine, nothing here seems insanely noteworthy outside of a Duo Dancer so I guess that's a thing to worry about now. Not much else to say here I think, except that this is the banner that finally pushes us over 100 unique Fates units (we're now at 102).

R_N

It feels like they're just experimenting with seasonals at this point. We had a triple spark christmas and nwo they're dipping their toes into merging banners like this.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Slap Year 4 seasonals with Year 1 seasonals in their eventual annual reruns, put the Year 1 lot into a 4*-5* focus rate, and you've got yourself a nice money-maker with people that may want to complete a merge project or just want a +10 Spring Xander or Summer Leo for kicks.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
People saying Aether Raids is ruined because of the new sack meta amuse me, because their Defense teams demonstrate why giving the enemy teams their own dancers, let alone two, in mainline FE is an awful idea that they’ve only entertained in one chapter ever.

R_N

I got a Duony for 4 orbs (there was a wayward green I pulled on a lark) and got a NY Hrid out of the other tickets.

Not too shabby!

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
Got 7 NY! Units out of 8, only Peony remains... now it may seems like a dumb question, but I saw this on Feh's Facebook page...

135358171_226713818965647_416179244587701755_n.jpg

Will we really get one of those four Heroes for FREE!?? Just wondering due to the "Free Summon" on the banner...

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Got 7 NY! Units out of 8, only Peony remains... now it may seems like a dumb question, but I saw this on Feh's Facebook page...

135358171_226713818965647_416179244587701755_n.jpg

Will we really get one of those four Heroes for FREE!?? Just wondering due to the "Free Summon" on the banner...
If you haven't claimed it, yes you get one of those four free. I'm assuming your friend hasn't done so yet.

---

Also Lewyn's getting a refine of all people. Granted, his Prf wasn't that crazy at the time but it is still surprising someone from Book II Chapter 12 is already getting a refine.

Other characters this batch are Arden, Genny, and B!Hinoka.

R_N

If you haven't claimed it, yes you get one of those four free. I'm assuming your friend hasn't done so yet.

---

Also Lewyn's getting a refine of all people. Granted, his Prf wasn't that crazy at the time but it is still surprising someone from Book II Chapter 12 is already getting a refine.

Other characters this batch are Arden, Genny, and B!Hinoka.
Checking the "retired" units, I suppose it makes sense. We're getting low on retired book 2 5*s who are not DC units or Dancers:
Sword Reinhardt
Ishtar
Karla
Flying Nino
Sumia
Maribelle

Might be premature, but I can see the "stopper" being the end of book 2, at which point wer got a bunch of weird banners. Muspell Generals, Brave Redux, Adrift, Ylgr/Surtr. So these would be on the table
Quan
Flora
Nina
Ophelia

We're also done with book 1 5* healers now, so it'll be interesting to see if we start digging into the book 1 4* healers next or if we jump straight to Maribelle. We are very low on book 1 otherwise!
Discounting Dancers, Thunder and DC it's these healers
Azama
Clarine
Serra
Wrys
Lissa
Maria
Sakura
Lachesis
Lucius
Priscilla
and these 3 units
Ayra
Hector
Joshua

And honestly at this point Hector sticks out so much I think they might just consider him a DC Unit???

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
The thing about Lewyn is that despite Forseti being a solid year 2 prf, it doesn't really do much to give him a niche besides being "pretty good" green tome. That's honestly not a bad place to be though, it's kind of like the situation Micaiah was in since Thani was already good before the refine and a refine just made her better. The difference being that Micaiah actually had a niche before refine as an AR carry against cavalry squads but she's probably the only unit in the pre CYL2 group that actually still had a niche, and it's one that didn't really exist until the last year or two.

A good Lewyn refine could turn him into a legitimate threat on like AR-D though, since reverse desperation is definitely a good base effect.

And honestly at this point Hector sticks out so much I think they might just consider him a DC Unit???

Depending on what's happening with the old legends we may end up in a world where both Brave Hector and Legendary Hector get a refine before regular Hector and that is just

I don't know

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Whenever Armads gets a refine, I'm going to guess it will grant stat boosts alongside Crafty/Slick Fighter's effects seeing as it already has Quick Riposte in it. At the least, it'd help him catch up somewhat to the newer green armors even if he won't be at the top like he once was.

R_N

The sad thing about your pithy Veld comment is even to people who played Thracia its true AND HE'S THE FINAL BOSS.

He is consistently very low scoring in every CYL and in CYL4 in particular he is only like 7 places above last.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Veld is famous for being up there for worst final boss, even among people who have played and loved Thracia.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Veld is famous for being up there for worst final boss, even among people who have played and loved Thracia.

Pretty much, I played Thracia and I still found him to be the most forgettable final boss in the entire series. The only thing that's memorable about him is his boss theme.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
More notably though, is a name change. Ulster's gone back to his original name, before Awakening Spotpass changed it.

Why they chose now of all times is anyone's guess. He might be in an upcoming banner, a Thracia banner is coming with Miranda and they wanted to specify Ulster the region and so needed to change names about

The name Ulster survived through 4 CYL campaigns and Larcei's and Shannan's tenure in FEH. To change it now is just going to raise questions.

The only FEH related thing that would justify a name change would be for if Miranda's coming soon. She's the princess of the Ulster region in Thracia, and they needed to separate the two terms from the same continent

Nearly six months to the day. Nice.

Man they really gave Ronan Swift Stance 3 because of his dumbass Magic stat lol.