• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

R_N

The difficulty spike in Pawns of Loki is so dumb. The concept is actually fun don't get me wrong but those L!Edelgard are everywhere in this.
Play intermediate. No really, its much more managable now that we're going up in tier and I score higher than Advance.

PoL is sort of weird. It demands people to play a lot to move up to higher tiers, not judging their highest score run, which is a separate rank altogether.
Cumulative score is across 6 days and doesnt require that much play to reach 200k by the end, though. You only need about...34k each day? And if you can get 8-10k on your first run of the day that's already most of it and you can just play once (maybe twice) more and be fine.
high score run is actual tiering which I find...much weirder to have in a 3 round event.

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
Binding Blade gets the final chapter of Book IV.

Melady brings a new set of weapons: Instant weapons, which are basically this year's Spring weapons built with Impact skills that deny follow-up attacks when initiating.

After a whole year, Dieck brings Close Defense 4. He seems to be the bulky attacker type capable of doubling.

Merlinus is the demoted unit of this banner, being an unimpressive dagger cavalry (though our first common one). He does carry Reposition and Wings of Mercy...so hope he has WoM 3 at 4*. It makes for some good fodder.

Some chick Guinivere shares blue with Melady. Guinivere has effective damage against magic foes and is busted in general.

Some guy Galle is the GHB unit.

Last edited:

Dragalge

Custom title: If specified, this will replace the
Merlinus looks so unimpressive aside from potential Distant Guard 3 fodder at four stars. Even Forrest at least felt like he had something going on with Fortress Res and the first ploy skill in the regular four star pool (not counting Grails). Well there is the fact he's the first dagger cavalry unit in the regular summoning pool but even that class is not all great.

But hey, a Bramimond counter at last!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
They should've given Merlinus a non-seasonal version of Lethal Carrot or something to complete his kit being an interesting fodder set for a drop unit. Distant Guard better be his 4* skill but WoM is still pretty much limited to Cain unless you want to 5* Palla or Frederick so that wouldn't be the worst thing ever. Apparently he might have 20 Atk at max level before weapons and skills though which is an incredible meme if true. Normally I'd be upset about a useless drop but for a meme like that I think it's worth it.

Either way this banner looks pretty cool, but an easy pass for most people. I'm going to have to spark for Wyvern Flight though and I kind of hope I actually get two so both Haar and Jill can have it. I think Wyvern Flight is not as good for high Def fliers as Pegasus Flight is for high Res fliers since Def is a much harder check to win than Res, but a good premium skill for Haar and Jill is what I've been waiting for so I'm not complaining.

R_N

Fomr sharena's meet the Heroes page on Galle, he will have a Guard Lance (previously on Fiora)

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
Used all my free tickets, tried to get Guinivere while fearing Melady may appear instead.

Ended up getting the guy whose name is like you're trying to say you-know-what but then you happen to spit midway. He's HP+/Def-.

Well, off to save my orbs for the early Double Special Heroes banner. Chances are we may get Duo Vero and Duo Byleth.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I really do not like Pawns of Loki. This held true even in the first round, before the power level went Kaio-ken.

I've seen the chess comparison for it, but in chess you're not assigned a random assortment of rooks, knights, and pawns and are forced to construct your side with random picks during each turn, with the promise that maaaaaaybe you can upgrade your starting lineup. You have your set pieces, and it's up to you to strategize a way a to win against your, identically-stocked, opponent each game.

Pawns of Loki does not have that strategy element. It's a slot machine on which units you start with, and which units keep coming back as you waste energy to mulligan, and that can kill potential combos you could be getting. The only thing that isn't completely randomized, essentially, are the human players' enemy brigades, because soon enough people are going to start realizing that stacking their brigades with LChroms, BEdelgards, LDimitris, Legions, and Fallen Corrins is going to completely annihilate your brigades and prevent you from competing with their scores because no way are you getting the combos and stats and skills needed to compete with them at that moment.

This mode needs a severe rebalancing.

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
I really do not like Pawns of Loki. This held true even in the first round, before the power level went Kaio-ken.

I've seen the chess comparison for it, but in chess you're not assigned a random assortment of rooks, knights, and pawns and are forced to construct your side with random picks during each turn, with the promise that maaaaaaybe you can upgrade your starting lineup. You have your set pieces, and it's up to you to strategize a way a to win against your, identically-stocked, opponent each game.

Pawns of Loki does not have that strategy element. It's a slot machine on which units you start with, and which units keep coming back as you waste energy to mulligan, and that can kill potential combos you could be getting. The only thing that isn't completely randomized, essentially, are the human players' enemy brigades, because soon enough people are going to start realizing that stacking their brigades with LChroms, BEdelgards, LDimitris, Legions, and Fallen Corrins is going to completely annihilate your brigades and prevent you from competing with their scores because no way are you getting the combos and stats and skills needed to compete with them at that moment.

This mode needs a severe rebalancing.
Then again, it's got "Loki" in the name...

R_N

Well, not that it really guts the point that the mode needs tweaks (imo priority #1 are turns 4 & 5, what the hell is going on there jesus christ) but its a FEH version of autochess, specifically. Which mostly just uses chess for like, aesthetic purposes. Like DOTA has it similarly autoplay out based on what you heroes/classes you deploy and then they act from there and there's items and so on and so forth; iirc its a more fleshed out mode since its something you buy separately? Whereas here its just adapting it for your dinky f2p side mode that'll run once a month for a week

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
Very dissapointed of the GHB, now that you have to clear it on your 1st try to get the hero. Took me 2 tries, but nothing... someone else on some social network also complained about this, and also mentioned the fact his team is OP and wipe any 40+10 hero in 1 hit... at regular difficulty. Has anyone had that glitch?

R_N

Very dissapointed of the GHB, now that you have to clear it on your 1st try to get the hero. Took me 2 tries, but nothing... someone else on some social network also complained about this, and also mentioned the fact his team is OP and wipe any 40+10 hero in 1 hit... at regular difficulty. Has anyone had that glitch?
I haven't heard of either of these things happen to anyone

Dragalge

Custom title: If specified, this will replace the
This Double Heroes banner is amazing. Only Green feels a bit meh but even then, Sylvain is a fine green mage cavalry unit to merge up.

That said, I came out with a -Att, +HP Duo Palla in one of my sessions of the tickets. Nice to have another Duo even if the IVs are bad.

R_N

what i wanted going into this banner: pirate tibarn

the slap in the face i got: bridal fjorm

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
The first 6 sessions, which I pulled in full, all drained 90 orbs out of me with no 5*, until at the very end I got a Y!Caeda, and figures she has HP+/Spd-. She will possibly use IV Mangoes to change to a Spd or Atk asset.

So then I used 100 orbs, and ironically, things started to look up.

2x Duo Byleth (Spd+/Res-, HP+/Res-)
2x Duo Palla (HP+/Spd-, Res+/Spd-, merged into HP+)
2x S!Sylvain (a 4* with Res+/HP-, a 5* with HP+/Spd-)

Special Mention:
A 4* and 3* Seteths in one session.

Overall, 6 5* across 200 orbs. Could have been a bit better, but I'm satisfied with getting both Duo heroes. I may just go back to this banner to see if I can get B!Fjorm (to fix the Spd- one I have), S!Dorothea, and the red girls because they're simply too good.