• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Well, kinda.

Yes you get Trait Fruit bit by bit, but they’re still significantly valuable for *any* unit you want to optimize, not just the units you decide to build up in the Hall, if they show up at all. And even those Forma units will want Fruit to get further optimized.

Really depends on how invested you are in Forma builds.

R_N

Yeah Forma Souls are way more worth the value of 3 sparks than mangos for four

Fruit fixes a unit, or can optimize them. Very useful! But more situational. Fruits also kind of get less value in my eyes if you think you'll get even one merge

Forma makes you a unit. While you're at the whims of what's available in the Hall and some RNG on what skills you roll, you can buy yourself a unit you didnt have or a merge (at the sacrifice of being Neutral without fruit on top) with a suite of high commodity skills that require extensive pulls and/or luck.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
The value of the Forma Soul reward definitely varies by player, I'd say Forma Souls are a huge prize in the sense that they're finally accessible to non-spenders beyond the free anniversary one. However, someone who spends on the game (which is the audience most incentivized by this addition) are probably not going to care about the Forma Souls at all because they just buy those packs anyway.

I definitely value the fruit more than the forma souls at least from my own perspective, but more infantry flowers is way too good for me to pass up so I'll probably get those most of the time.

Also man, Hector....

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Honestly Farina's weapon is so funny I'm really happy they did something like that. They better do something similar whenever they add Volke or Hugh, in fact I'm almost convinced Volke will be on the next Tellius banner solely for that reason.

Louise just having reskinned Coral Bow is disappointing considering most units in her spot usually come with some equivalent of a seasonal weapon that didn't exist on said banner, though it's a little surprising they didn't give her a personal weapon at all too. Ideal skills seem better than Catch skills though, probably worth using if you get the fodder but it doesn't seem worth going out of your way specifically for it. I'm sparking this banner regardless though because of G Duel Infantry 4, now I have to decide if Soren is taking Lull Atk/Res or Time's Pulse with his 180 BST.

Also it looks like the one who will be facing Wrys in the VG finals is....Rhys. Honestly amazing that this matchup of all things is what we get in the finals.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Honestly Farina's weapon is so funny I'm really happy they did something like that. They better do something similar whenever they add Volke or Hugh, in fact I'm almost convinced Volke will be on the next Tellius banner solely for that reason.

Louise just having reskinned Coral Bow is disappointing considering most units in her spot usually come with some equivalent of a seasonal weapon that didn't exist on said banner, though it's a little surprising they didn't give her a personal weapon at all too. Ideal skills seem better than Catch skills though, probably worth using if you get the fodder but it doesn't seem worth going out of your way specifically for it. I'm sparking this banner regardless though because of G Duel Infantry 4, now I have to decide if Soren is taking Lull Atk/Res or Time's Pulse with his 180 BST.

Also it looks like the one who will be facing Wrys in the VG finals is....Rhys. Honestly amazing that this matchup of all things is what we get in the finals.
I'd go for Time's Pulse. It's on two Mythics and I'm sure you wouldn't want to sack a Shinon either as well as Lysithea having it. And even then, Sothis won't be appearing for a good while too.

Lull Att/Res is also on a Mythic and two seasonals though it is otherwise shared by three normal banner units.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Yeah Lyn mode is probably the best way to teach brand new strategy game players FE, but to anyone who’s played before it can be a little tedious. At least it’s a fast skip after the first time.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
For a second it was looking like I was going to go 3 sparks in a row with no focus units, but the second half of my spark turned around and I ended up with everyone except Pent, who I obviously sparked for. Also got a Jill and a Lewyn on the way so that's neat.

Now all I need is my last two Leif merges and some units to round out my Wind season, otherwise I'm done with Duel skills.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I only wanted Farina, but I got her and Louise in the same circle. Went back to the Spring banner to see if I could get Inigo, and I got two of him, back to back. One of the Inigo went to Brave Micaiah, so now I have a Micaiah Emblem that each score 180 and higher, though I will need to start getting merges on Brave Micaiah now.

The other Inigo went to Tanya, Springy Bow complements her stats well. I am considering giving her Louise's Ideal skill as well, just to stack the Atk and Speed even further. If I want to I could just continue on the banner for the spark and get a second Louise, so I'm considering options.

R_N

Hmm, is Lilina now better than Kiria?
+15 flowers, +10, resplendent Lilina at neutral gets to: 44 36 34 38 40

Kiria with 0 investment is 38 41 20 29 34

So Lilina is, in terms of stats, bulkier and faster by a fair bit, but a little weaker, provided you go All In.
Should acknowledge that Kiria effectively always has +6 def, res and attack on both phases; her weapon also just gives +3 attack while Forblaze (which is just +6 attack on initiation) doesnt

But Lilina is far easier to build, of course

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
+15 flowers, +10, resplendent Lilina at neutral gets to: 44 36 34 38 40

Kiria with 0 investment is 38 41 20 29 34

So Lilina is, in terms of stats, bulkier and faster by a fair bit, but a little weaker, provided you go All In.
Should acknowledge that Kiria effectively always has +6 def, res and attack on both phases; her weapon also just gives +3 attack while Forblaze (which is just +6 attack on initiation) doesnt

But Lilina is far easier to build, of course
38? I thought Lilina had lower Defense than that when all that stuff is up. Her base, unmerged Def is 19 + 4 with merges = 23 followed by 3 more Def with Dragonflowers than the resplendent boost equaling 28. Unless I missed something here.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah it should be 47 Atk and 28 Defense. Kiria trades 8 Speed for 7 more Defense compared to Resplendent Lilina, which already tips the comparison in Kiria's favor even before factoring in that Mirage Rod is mostly better than Forblaze.

When it comes down to it, no reasonable stat difference was going to change that Kiria is better because prfs matter more than raw stats. Of course, since Lilina is more accessible this direct comparison only matters at a high level or if you're a whale/TMS fan who will +10 Kiria. It's still nice to be getting more 3-4* Resplendents though instead of just spamming the desirable 5* ones. I don't care about Lilina but it's a good change of pace from stuff like Brave Ike, Reinhardt, and Micaiah who were all units that didn't need the stat boost at all.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
New calendar is out, and indirectly confirms the next banner trailer will be on Friday, and the silhouettes on Thursday, since the Tempest login starts Saturday a full two days ahead of when the banner actually drops.

Notably, a Gap Skill banner, also on Friday, is among the array of skill banners,. There's only three units in the regular pool with Gap skills, so this will mark the first time since her inaugural banner that Larum will be a focus unit. That alone has novelty value, and might see an above-average amount of orbs thrown into it, because of that novelty.

R_N

Also kind of notable that the Double Special is so early this month. Usually it's at the end.

I guess they want parity with Remixes moving forward, since they'll likely alternate now

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Went ham with 130 orbs on the DSH banner.

Ended up getting a neutral Ninja Lyn, Atk+/Res- Lachesis with a 4* dud, and Harmonic Y!Tiki whom I was hoping to get.

...Sooo I take it we'll never get more Divine Codes Part 1?
No but you can use Divine Codes Part 2 for Part 1's manuals (though considering the fodder from the former, idk why one would do this)

R_N

In 29 orbs (!!) I got a Ninja Laevatein &, far more importantly, my long sought after much yearned for.............Pirate Tibarn

Seriously I threw every single orb I had at that Pirate banner and got a full fleet of 5*s but could not get Tibarn. And every DS since then I have just been summarily owned by them deciding to pull on an older colorless instead. So getting him now with little issue was very gratifying. Once the weekend comes back around I'm raising him up and then he's never leaving my first slot.

Incidentally the laevatein (who, incidentally, I didnt have before & only pulled on a green orb since there were no colorless so that was a nice bonus) is the worst possible IV spread: +...speed. -....attack
OOF