• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
They’ve addressed the Arena bug now that enough people have submitted a request for inspection on it. Might be easier to get into and stay in Tier 21 now, since the scores can’t be influenced and so a multitude of people can’t go in with a bonus unit, a carry, and one or two dancers like they could before.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Look, I know Nihil will be odd to program right, but you can't just keep Nolan out forever.

R_N

"Oh boy I cant wait to use my fancy Larum in a Binding Blade LHB!"

Binding Blade LHB: no dancer

R_N

Poor SOV fans, we get another baby banner and its not even the game that has a full suite of 5 children designs right there, ready to go

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Considering Young Caeda wasn't even the best unit on that banner (hello Merric) and didn't even stay meta for very long, yeah I think they can top that.

Not sure if this is a theme I really want them redoing every year but it was one of the better seasonal themes we got last year. Sacred Stones would definitely be one of my last choices for that theme though, when you have SoV, Binding Blade, Tellius, and even 3H with varying amounts of baby character designs already.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Conveniently enough, kid designs for Eirika, Ephraim, and Lyon do officially exist. Rika Suzuki drew them as part of the FE8 novelization.

image0.png

That said I'm not enthused over FE8 being the next one up to get kid alts. I think more mileage could be gotten out of Jugdral, either 4 or 5, or indeed the SoV kid alts.

R_N

Jokes aside I do kinda like that they decided to do this with a game you wouldn't expect, twice.
Contrast with the Pirate banner, where it was 4/5ths Actual Pirates

I wonder if they're doing this every year not just to celebrate the anniversary but because it's the closest they can skirt towards Children's Day in japan without having to dedicate May to back to back seasonals.

R_N

Sacred Stones kids, as expected
All of them fairly stacked.
Tana - lance flier
Larachel - cav healer
Lyon - infantry blue tome (Demote)
Duo Erika (Lead) & Ephraim - Sword Infantry

Tempest: Innes - colorless infantry archer

"Trace" Skills are a new b skill carried by Tana (Near Trace) and Laracahel (Far Trace). They grant a variant on canto that works like it normally does: you take the remainder of your move after battle. Near Trace is Remainder +1 and Far Trace is just Remainder .

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Time to save orbs for next year's kid banner then.

I want to +10 Kid Mist, and it's not like we'll get Radiant Dawn banners between then and now.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Slaying semi-Dao Bow with +6 Atk/Spd for basically existing, and the DR-negation effect on in-combat Special proc. Expect to see a lot of Kid Innes hanging around.

In a way, his Deadeye effect is even better than the actual Deadeye. Deadeye is a damage doubler, not a Defense-slasher, so in situations like Spring Myrrh with Iote's, that DR negation wouldn't be doing a whole lot of good if Innes himself is only dealing like 12 damage ordinarily. Use Luna though, and he gets the Defense-shaving effect he needs to leave a big mark, while making sure no DR gets in his way.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
The irony with Innes is that if you want to use him as an Arena project he'll need something premium like Deadeye anyway at which point he's not that much more unique than other grail bow users like Jorge and Winter Felix, though being able to run Blue Flame or Ruptured Sky and ignore damage reduction is a very cool trait for him. As a budget damage reduction answer though he's very nice to have regardless, and otherwise just good unit design for a grail option. Definitely a good project for anyone wanting a bow unit.

As for the rest of the banner itself, the weapons are extremely tl;dr but nothing here looks better than Young Merric from last year or even all that significant aside from the Trace skills and maybe L'arachel? But it's not like Flash healers are exactly a new thing, she's just that but to the next level. I definitely want Near Trace for Jill though I'm not sure I want to go for it here, got a whole month to see what else shows up though.

R_N

That'd only make people want more weapons having advantage over their same color.
Not really a stopper for intsys, I feel.

A colorless unit who is effective against other colorless unit feels like a weird niche they'd try for anyway. Not any less absurd than Young Caeda or Guinivere's weapon effectiveness or, hell, weapon-type-specific DR.

R_N

swift sparrow 2 is so god damn old and on one million units just demote it already

also qr3