• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I've waited far too long for this day. Don't think I've ever been more excited for a FEH update than this but they better not hold back on any of these refines.

I think Gradivus and Siegfried are in the most awkward spot regardless though since cavalry unit is not a good unit type for a tank/carry and Gradivus also has to account for being shared with an armor unit, but it'll be interesting to see what they do regardless. The other three weapons have insane potential though so I really they don't hold back with giving these guys good and unique refines.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Alondite has the benefit of being tied to only armor units, so the refine can work with that, similar to how Maltet got an armorbuster immunity effect. I wouldn't be surprised if Alondite got the same thing, and better still, a Save effect, since that is what BK did over and over in Radiant Dawn. It would also combo well with Zelgius's Warp Powder, to make sure he's always in range to go Saving. At that point he'd just be missing some self-sustain, to keep Powder active, but Alondite could even get *that* too, Bellringer style.

Gradivus can be used for a full heal in Archanea, so making it like Sol Lance is not impossible. They could take it further than Sol Lance too, and heal for 25% of their HP per hit, and heal for 11 at minimum investment then.

Ragnell's on two Infantry units, and Priam would be on foot as well if he ever shows up, so giving it Infantry skills works. Time Pulse, Ideal, NFU, NCD, all that jazz.

Siegfried, horse unit only. Canto that sucker.

bobjr

EVERYONE WANTS THE BIG CHAIR MEG
Staff member
With Ike being popular there’s no way they screw him over. I think worst case he gets a “good but not great” refine

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Took me until yesterday to realize that running the three Melee weapons in Pawns is actually suboptimal lol. Need the other non-Staff weapons to get the four-color combo points, since for whatever reason running two of each move type does not give you an 8 point combo to make up for the melee weapon point handicap.

Changed my team up to four beasts and tomes, and slammed my way to 13,512 on Intermediate. That was fun, but since this is the last Pawns before the Advanced base score goes up, that's gonna do it for me in being in that highest tier.

AuraChannelerChris

"MY MIGHT. KNOWS. NO. BOUNDS!"
Kempf is amazing in Pawns of Loki. Mine only needs one merge to be maxed out, though I'm still waiting for some premium skills to fodder off to him before I change his neutral trait to Spd+.

R_N

Shockingly, neither Fallen Wrys or Fallen Risen King Chrom. Maybe next year, with Fallen Rhea?

Dimitri: This time he's full depression.
Edelgard: This time she's final boss. The second ever armor beast unit!
Morgan-M & Morgan-F are from the Future Past DLC and are sporting cool new duds!

Dimitri & Edelgard have PRF skills, too.

GHB: Orson

bobjr

EVERYONE WANTS THE BIG CHAIR MEG
Staff member
I know the Morgans were always popular guesses due to the Awakening DLC, and they did keep the classes for those here.

R_N

So how we doing with final bosses

FE2/15: Duma. though i still think we could get a "Fallen" Duma; the actual dragon sprite is fallen but he himself is normal
FE4: Julius.
FE5: Veld, inexplicably
FE6: Idunn
FE8: Fallen Lyon, to me, seems like the way to get Formotis into the game. I guess we could get an Even More Fallen Lyon who just acts as a beast but eh. A Lyon just called "Formotis" maybe as a mythic...?
FE9: Ashnard; we even have the most final boss version of Ashnard!
FE13: Grima, in both flavors.
Birthright: Garon is specifically from here
Conquest: Fallen Takumi
Crimson Flower: While the Seiros we have is more from the prologue, it's...close enough. Same design, turns into a dragon
Azure Moon: Hegemon Edelgard, hello
Verdant Wind: Nemesis

So we still need....
FE1/11: Medeus (Earth Dragon).
FE3/12: Medeus (Shadow Dragon).
I think Medeus could get both versions in the game if they really wanted. Mythic (he's equal to naga, technically), GHB (ala Nemesis, Julius), Fallen (this is technically FE3), he's got options to get in. It's really surprising he stil isnt in the game.

FE7: Nergal.....Fire Dragon?
Nergal definitely feels like who will be the "final boss" rep. Poor Fire Dragon doesnt even have a name. Nergal could get in as a mythic, I think he was one of the old heroes

FE10: Ashera
Obvious Light Mythic candidate

Revelation: Anankos
Easy Mythic candidate.

Silver Snow: Rhea
Since she wasnt on this year's Fallen banner I bet she happens next year.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions: Medeus, again.

RafaSceptile

The weapon refines:

image0.png

Ryoma and LRyoma are so stacked that they are now arguibly the best Swords in the game. Ike, LIke, BK, Zelgius and Hardin are very solid units again, and Xander and Camus are workeable for F2P options

R_N

From the datamine, Fallen Dimitri & Edelgard won't show up in the generic enemy pool. Guess even they knew this would be a step too far, especially in Tempests.

AuraChannelerChris

Everyone but Ryoma and maybe the BK got screwed. Slaying effects and +4 to all stats are kind of just there.

Xander got perhaps even more screwed.

AuraChannelerChris

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Honestly a little disappointed they didn't go further with these weapon refines but at the same time, these refines are still good? Like I want to be more disappointed but also Slaying on a DC weapon is absolutely nuts so I'm happy for my units. Obviously Legendary Ryoma is the biggest winner of this update but Bushido II is a big part of that so things were always stacked in his favor, NFU on Raijinto is just icing on the cake.

It really cannot be overstated how incredible it is to have slaying on a DC weapon though, Ike/Legendary Ike and Black Knight/Zelgius are honestly pretty big winners this time around too and it's absurd to me that people think Ike somehow lost out here?? Having 1 charge Radiant Aether II is pretty insane and helps Legendary Ike's damage output and sustain immensely, and more importantly it means he can reliably fire off Aether without running a breath skill. The last part is huge because R Duel Infantry 4 is his best A slot for Arena anyway but even outside of Arena it gives him fantastic build flexibility without being stuck using a somewhat dated A skill.

Even regular Ike is in a pretty decent spot though because Slaying is that good, gives him some pretty strong potential with Brave Lucina to reliably fire of Bonfire or Sol as an AR carry. Obviously Legendary Ike is a stronger unit overall but that was always going to be the case with Radiant Aether II. Regular Ike's higher Speed is not to be disregarded though, especially as a carry in AR, so he's perfectly fine as a unit now.

Black Knight/Zelgius really only needed Slaying, anything else was icing on the cake but I don't think I need to explain why 2 charge Black Luna is insane. I wish they didn't give literally the same thing as Ike though I guess it's fine from a lore perspective so I won't complain too much.

Xander's refine is actually good, I'm honestly surprised. Anyone with R Duel Cavalry 4 sitting around can realistically make use of him in Arena and that's not bad. What is bad is that Xander needed way more than just a good refine, this dude's stat spread is still god-awful so he's not making an impression with only a good refine. Still, he's like usable now which is probably about as good as you can hope for.

...aaaand Gradivus just kinda sucks. A Sol Lance kind of refine is not surprising but it's really not fixing any of the problems that Camus or Hardin had, a little disappointing since I would have liked to build Hardin but oh well, can't win them all I guess.

Overall this refine set went about as expected even if I wanted a little more, Ike, Ryoma, and Zelgius/BK are all big winners here while Xander, Camus, and Hardin kinda got the short end of the stick. The only surprise for me is that Xander isn't the biggest loser here, he'd be a winner too if his stat spread wasn't atrocious.