• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I got a 4* Boey 2 weeks back, so that's a relief.

What sucks is now I have to decide between promoting Xander for an easier potential Lunatic Trial run via distant countering, or promote Boey himself for smoother Hard runs and work with the better multiplier.

Just having a bonus character play and die at the first team will guarantee the bonus multiplier for the rest of the run with the rest of the teams. I know this from experience.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
That's fine, but that's putting a lot of weight on the remaining three units, one of whom is going to have to be a healer to keep the others going.

This one is the Echoes maps. They're far less lenient compared to the chokeholds in the Awakening maps. I don't think three units can muscle through the Echoes maps on Lunatic.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Yeah unfortunately the echoes maps came in the (still ongoing) period of awful maps in Heroes. Ever since forts were introduced the maps have really deteriorated in quality. Forts were a mistake in Heroes.

Theo-92

Forts are either great if you have them, or a nightmare if you don't.

I kinda like the idea of wagering orbs, one or two won't be missed for me personally although I doubt this will be the case.

Two weekends of TT with double SP!

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm not that keen in betting orbs... but I'll wait and see how it actually works.

I've got a 5-star Faye that I'm glad I kept. Pity she struggles to kill stuff...

R_N

firesweep weapons feel more like enemy weapons than player weapons. inflated stats, generally getting more than you...taking a guaranteed hit is genreally more debilitating to the player than the ai

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Firesweep weapons are generally very good against opponents that can counter from afar like Hector or when finishing the job against Vantage users.

The bad thing is, not all Firesweep weapons are available and Faye is sort of bad.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
That's fine, but that's putting a lot of weight on the remaining three units, one of whom is going to have to be a healer to keep the others going.

This one is the Echoes maps. They're far less lenient compared to the chokeholds in the Awakening maps. I don't think three units can muscle through the Echoes maps on Lunatic.

do you have linde? last time linde with bol3 and bol1 seal was far better at keeping my units alive than a healer would have been at +15 HP to all nearby allies. even if you dont, bol3 isnt too hard to get since felicia gets it at 4*, so id recommend slapping that on 1-2 units rather than waste a whole unit slot dedicated to a healer.

i have a mae that i already almost trained so i will probably run the same team i did last time (lucina, azura, julia, linde) but replace linde with mae. i wanted to try and get alm since falchion + renewal lucina was amazing last time and i could run basically the same team, but i really don't think it's worth pulling for him.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Squad Challenges are required to be perfect runs the entire time. It's like they're trying to break their previous record of their degree of being objectively incorrect with each new thing.

The one saving grace to them is that the units are predetermined (the Assault Number corresponds to the first part of each of the first five chapters) and don't come with any skills from the looks of it. You're fighting their weapons and their weapons alone, or whatever their Lunatic Mode counterparts came with but with the best weapon. i.e. you're not fighting a Jagen with a Silver Lance+, Fury 3, and Aegis. You're fighting a Jagen with a Silver Lance+. So if you have a unit that can counter each individual unit in that respective chapter, you can win the fight.

Last edited:

R_N

Squad Challenges are required to be perfect runs the entire time.

It's like they're trying to break their previous record of their degree of being objectively incorrect with each new thing.

"you want super difficult end game content well buckle up

Squad assault is seriously crazy. Map 3 had such ridiculous stat inflation I don't even know. Everyone had upper 50 to low 60 hp, attack stats in their 50s, high defensive stats...I'll probably let this sit on the back burner until we find out how cosnistent these maps are.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Assuming you do all the current Chain Challenges, you get 68 orbs...on Lunatic.

Then an extra 2 from the Squad Assault, which is on Lunatic by default.

On the other hand, these are like the best places to grind Hero Merit. But, eh, I'll save that kind of grinding for Tempest Trials.

Last edited:

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer

You can just have a team of just Boey. He'll die, the team will lose, and then you send out your actual team of 4. The survival multiplier isn't huge anyway, so if you don't have a good use for the bonus units, send them to their deaths.

I managed to get an Alm, so I'm trying to get enough feathers for a 5-star Lissa to give him Renewal. He'll be the healer of my team, but the team is probably going to flop on the infernal difficulty maps. As long as I can have more than one team, though...

do you have linde? last time linde with bol3 and bol1 seal was far better at keeping my units alive than a healer would have been at +15 HP to all nearby allies. even if you dont, bol3 isnt too hard to get since felicia gets it at 4*, so id recommend slapping that on 1-2 units rather than waste a whole unit slot dedicated to a healer.

i have a mae that i already almost trained so i will probably run the same team i did last time (lucina, azura, julia, linde) but replace linde with mae. i wanted to try and get alm since falchion + renewal lucina was amazing last time and i could run basically the same team, but i really don't think it's worth pulling for him.

I'm extremely disappointed that you don't see the power of Linde. While that breath of life set is cheap and has it's uses, with support for a Bladetome she can solo sweep everything except a few greens and high-res Blues.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
"you want super difficult end game content well buckle up

Squad assault is seriously crazy. Map 3 had such ridiculous stat inflation I don't even know. Everyone had upper 50 to low 60 hp, attack stats in their 50s, high defensive stats...I'll probably let this sit on the back burner until we find out how cosnistent these maps are.

Just beat it. The five maps are the same no matter what, in the same order, and they only get skills if they had skills to begin with in the corresponding story mode chapters.

Thankfully, while everyone's attack stats inflate to gigantic proportions, their speed stats do not. If you can squad up with units with 35 speed, they can double nearly every heavy hitter in the run. Pack in some Hone Speeds, Spur Speeds, and Rally Speeds. Any enemy with higher than 35 Speed has ~45 attack to compensate with the exception of Navarre.

My team comp for the five maps were:

Map 1 - Two Catrias, Clair, Michalis
Map 2 - Masked Marth, Zephiel, Bride Caeda, Mist
Map 3 - Tharja, Wrys, Spring Chrom, Rody
Map 4 - Lucibun, Olivia, Tiki, Priscilla
Map 5 - Robin, Nino, Marth, Eliwood

Each healer had Rehab , Masked Marth had Axebreaker specifically for Camilla (her 33 Speed prevents Masked Marth from doubling with her 36), and Robin had QR and TA2 attached.

The hardest part of the run for me was the Archer in Map 3. You need to have a mage or archer sturdy enough to keep that Archer occupied and killed while your other units prepare for the two cavaliers coming in, or else that Archer will provide backup and pick one your guys off. Tharja worked here - just enough bulk to get into full Rehab heal range for Wrys to patch her up, and she doubled with Darting Blow afterward.

Squad Ace 1 Seal is the exact same as HP +3 btw.

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
You can just have a team of just Boey. He'll die, the team will lose, and then you send out your actual team of 4. The survival multiplier isn't huge anyway, so if you don't have a good use for the bonus units, send them to their deaths.

I managed to get an Alm, so I'm trying to get enough feathers for a 5-star Lissa to give him Renewal. He'll be the healer of my team, but the team is probably going to flop on the infernal difficulty maps. As long as I can have more than one team, though...

I'm extremely disappointed that you don't see the power of Linde. While that breath of life set is cheap and has it's uses, with support for a Bladetome she can solo sweep everything except a few greens and high-res Blues.

That's just for TT. For arena/story/other quests I run a different build on her. It's only really useful for TT because those little bits of chip damage really add up over multiple maps, but when you're doing just 1 map it doesn't really matter.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
I have exactly 20 units strong enough to be viable in squad assault, but not enough blues to go around. There are 8 Reds and only 2 greens and blues in total, and I have nothing that can win both the map with Roy and the map with Navarre. Guess I gotta train someone up...

Chain Challenges are fun, but cost waay too much stamina.

R_N

I have exactly 20 units strong enough to be viable in squad assault, but not enough blues to go around. There are 8 Reds and only 2 greens and blues in total, and I have nothing that can win both the map with Roy and the map with Navarre. Guess I gotta train someone up...

Chain Challenges are fun, but cost waay too much stamina.

Chain Challenges are actually pretty cost effecient. 20 stamina for 5 maps (or 30 for 10!), and the easiest of these are level 30 4 stars? It's good for exp on the first run and HM on all runs. Shoot I suspect even with the exp penalty, it might still be worth it for exp on the 10 mapper

Theo-92

The hardest part of the run for me was the Archer in Map 3.

The 'hardest' map for me was the first one. I wasted 40 stamina being cocky thinking pfft it's only Jagen, then Marth would knock out my unit. Solo'd the rest of the maps though.

That's just for TT. For arena/story/other quests I run a different build on her. It's only really useful for TT because those little bits of chip damage really add up over multiple maps, *******]but********] when you're doing just 1 map it doesn't really matter.

Linde is just a good unit in general. I'd like to give her a blade tome but I don't feel it's necessary to still perform well.

Haven't done any of the Chain Challenges yet. Saving them for the weekends when a TT isn't going on.